NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

This thing is ace, with our own server I'm absolutely loving it. Shaven's Apple Store is something to behold, though I am upset all of the pictures happen to miss all of the Temple off... Grrr!

I'm worried this is now going to take up far too much of my time, I've lost most of the weekend to playing this godamn it.

:( is there anyone running this on a laptop with less than great specs? I really want it now and yet I've been told I can't :(

This thing is ace' date=' with our own server I'm absolutely loving it. Shaven's Apple Store is something to behold, [b']though I am upset all of the pictures happen to miss all of the Temple off... Grrr![/b]

I'm worried this is now going to take up far too much of my time, I've lost most of the weekend to playing this godamn it.

screenshot20101010at235.png

I just caught it at dusk too, so it looks mysterious and eerie...

And damn right the Apple Store is something to behold! It took me bloody hours to bake all that glass!!

There's only one way to find out if you're able to run it: Download it and try it out.

Another thing I've been wondering: Are the Minecraft worlds infinite? If you just kept walking, would the game continue to generate a larger and larger map?

There's only one way to find out if you're able to run it: Download it and try it out.

Another thing I've been wondering: Are the Minecraft worlds infinite? If you just kept walking, would the game continue to generate a larger and larger map?

I've read somewhere the maximum size is 8 times the Earth's surface. Or something like that.

Yeah I think they can go on one hell of a long way, from other maps I've seen we're certainly not going to be running out of space anytime soon.

Thanks for the pic ShavenWolf :-) It's looking good, I need to get the other two chimneys and the viewing platform finished this week though. Seems a bit half done at the moment.

screenshot20101010at235.png

I just caught it at dusk too, so it looks mysterious and eerie...

And damn right the Apple Store is something to behold! It took me bloody hours to bake all that glass!!

Anyone else noticed something in the middle of the front edge of the viewing platform? :wink:

that means paying for it before knowing it will run wheres the logic in that!?

http://www.minecraft.net/

Mcoy suggest you try the Minecraft classic free singleplayer(limited mechanics). If that works you should be ok?

yes it works...but there are people saying full version doesn't run

also seriously why the hell do you speak in 3rd person?!!!

yes it works...but there are people saying full version doesn't run

also seriously why the hell do you speak in 3rd person?!!!

Mcoy would say If your laptop is having no problems with that version that things should be fine, just make sure the render distance Isn't too high.

Mcoy would like to know why the hell you speak in first person?!!!

Mcoy would say If your laptop is having no problems with that version that things should be fine, just make sure the render distance Isn't too high.

Mcoy would like to know why the hell you speak in first person?!!!

Well because I speak in 1st person which deemed more normal whereas you indulge in a spot of illeism (seriously look it up)

Well because I speak in 1st person which deemed more normal whereas you indulge in a spot of illeism (seriously look it up)

Illeism in everyday speech can have a variety of intentions depending on context. One common usage is to impart humility, a common practice in feudal societies and other societies where honorifics are important to observe ("Your servant awaits your orders"), as well as in master-slave relationships ("This slave needs to be punished"). The use of illeism in this context imparts a sense of lack of self, implying a diminished importance of the speaker in relation to the addressee.

Mcoy thought the bolded area summed It up pretty well. Mcoy is your master and you are his slave. Mcoy has always spoken in third person and as the prophets state is due to invent the fourth person in several years time.

Mcoy thought the bolded area summed It up pretty well. Mcoy is your master and you are his slave. Mcoy has always spoken in third person and as the prophets state is due to invent the fourth person in several years time.

I don't mean to disappoint but forth person already exists:

forth person noun

(grammar) A variety of the third person sometimes used for indefinite referents, such as one in one shouldn't do that.

Edited by flameboy

one is feeling pretty smug right now!

Mcoy would like to point out the wikipedia states you're his slave. Mcoy is now going to bed however Mcoy expects breakfast in bed, and don't undercook the eggs.

One would like to point out that wikipedia is often inaccurate and should never be be used as a point of reference. Makes ones breakfast a glass of orange juice and two slices of toast!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Just had an epic time on the server. My house is looking better. Found a completely and utterly epic cave. Borny will back me up, it's just ridiculous. Spent several hours running and jumping through it with him just placing torches. Mental. Plus I found more that we didn't explore, but will have to come back at a later date. Bed now!

And flameboy, back of mcoy, he made a completely epic server. Seriously, it's mental. Next time I'm on we should all go caving. It's hard to explain how epic the cave is.

Just had an epic time on the server. My house is looking better. Found a completely and utterly epic cave. Borny will back me up, it's just ridiculous. Spent several hours running and jumping through it with him just placing torches. Mental. Plus I found more that we didn't explore, but will have to come back at a later date. Bed now!

And flameboy, back of mcoy, he made a completely epic server. Seriously, it's mental. Next time I'm on we should all go caving. It's hard to explain how epic the cave is.

One would like to point out its all in jest! Geeeeeeeez!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

McCoy get a cartograph up STAT!

And then follow up with a new cartograph every week since the server started so we can see how much we've progressed, which also shows how much we kick ASS.

I'm absolutely love this server and my shitting huge underground (now bulging overground as the cobblestone comes piling in) base. Got a huge bridge going over to The Fish's island, so get on that tower to link up bases boy!

For reference sake, my Minecraft name is McTrevor.

McCoy get a cartograph up STAT!

And then follow up with a new cartograph every week since the server started so we can see how much we've progressed, which also shows how much we kick ASS.

I'm absolutely love this server and my shitting huge underground (now bulging overground as the cobblestone comes piling in) base. Got a huge bridge going over to The Fish's island, so get on that tower to link up bases boy!

For reference sake, my Minecraft name is McTrevor.

Ok, I'll admit it, I thought you were McCoy. :heh:

I'm planning a twin-towers structure to start with, one of which will link with your tower. After that, who knows....

I also have my semi-secret home cave, with all my shit in, and my totally secret volcano layer.... Wait, shit... Oh, and if it's epic caves you want, my Waterfall cave, which Will' got sucked into by the torrent, and I had to cut a rescue path and get him out, finding gold, redstone and a tiny amount of (now hidden) diamond.

I'm going to buy this Friday, the multiplayer sounds too cool for school.

I forgot to mention that Borny and I found a spider spawner yesterday and had to kill them by pushing them into lava. It was awesome. We found a tiny bit of diamond too. Incidentally, is Borny in the game Burny from on here? I assume so but with McTrevor turning out to not be Mcoy I don't want to assume. If so: Borny, we still need to explore the huge waterfall area that we turned back from! I found another part to explore near the start too so I'll have to do that at some point. That cave is seriously mental.

And Maddog - do it! It's completely epic.