NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

:yay: Finally the game is mine.

So, how can you switch to full screen? Is it even possible?

I've not been able to on my Mac, which is annoying cause the dock is in the way.

On the PC I don't think you can either.

But my task bar is on the side so I don't really notice...

I'm able to maximize the window, but I haven't figured out whether it's possible to go into full-screen or not.

Acutally...I'm much too busy staying alive, crafting things and exploring :D

I am so tempted to buy this. How much does it work out as in GBP? And what's it like to play on a mac? Can you see at night etc? Basically should I buy it?

In terms of fullscreening, I'm pretty sure there's an add on you can download to make it full screen (I think I saw it somewhere). I would assume its something the guy will implement into the beta.

After I've played a bit and got used to the gameplay I decided to start a new game and really play the game.

And what happens? It's fucking winter...

I found a nice, little place in the middle of a frozen sea and built a tiny cave which at least keeps me save. I will probably dig down to find coal. I need more coal...

This game is amazing. I can't wait to see what features will be implemented in the future.

Just bought the Alpha, gonna watch some tutorial videos and stuff first I think to get the hang of it.

Thankfully it seems to run well on my PC, none of the lag I was experiencing with the free version.

There, I did it. I could resist everything but temptation. I've downloaded it.

You won't regret it.

I've spent a lot of time with this game last night. It's so addicting.

I found some diamond and some kind of red dust (?).

What I really want in this game is a map. A DIY map. Draw it yourself (heh).

You won't regret it.

I've spent a lot of time with this game last night. It's so addicting.

I found some diamond and some kind of red dust (?).

What I really want in this game is a map. A DIY map. Draw it yourself (heh).

That's redstone. I was so sad/addicted that I watched everyone of the videos made by the guy from the first post of this thread. Redstone can do some amazing things seemingly, but takes a lot of work.

In terms of mapping... I think in one of his later videos he mentioned a program that can map out the world for you... I think. I may have just made that up.

In other news: someone answer my questions! :p I don't know whether it's worth me getting the Mac version... someone on here said they couldn't see anything at night, and I don't know how much it costs in GBPs... if anyone can help me out you'll probably convince me to get this :D

Im loving the game so far. Built myself a nice cave system for night times until I can get started on a proper house. I only wish that the day lasted a bit longer and even though it wouldnt make sense, night went by a bit quicker. I get bored waiting in my cave :p

In terms of mapping... I think in one of his later videos he mentioned a program that can map out the world for you... I think. I may have just made that up.

It does indeed exist - it's called Cartograph and you can get it here. There are also various programs for editing save files.

In other news: someone answer my questions! :p I don't know whether it's worth me getting the Mac version... someone on here said they couldn't see anything at night, and I don't know how much it costs in GBPs... if anyone can help me out you'll probably convince me to get this :D

I don't see why the Mac version should be any different, as the game can run in browser, and you could just use a cross-platform browser. There may be more differences if you use the client though. And I think it's about £8, but not very much anyway - you can use a currency converter if you want to know the exact price.

Im loving the game so far. Built myself a nice cave system for night times until I can get started on a proper house. I only wish that the day lasted a bit longer and even though it wouldnt make sense, night went by a bit quicker. I get bored waiting in my cave :p

The solution is to mine during the night! Also I believe a previous update altered things so that day lasts a bit longer than night.

My only problem is that the game lags. I guess my computer's just old and slow. Oh, and the game crashes once in a while.

Have you tried altering any of the graphical settings yet in Options, thats what I had to do when i got some lag.

I can see at night in the game and I'm running it on a Mac Mini.

It turns out to be £8.85 in GBP.

Have you tried altering any of the graphical settings yet in Options, thats what I had to do when i got some lag.

Yeah, I did try it, and it did help, though it sometimes still lags when having to load a large area. Playing in a smaller window seems to help as well.

Luckily, I'm going to buy a new computer soon! :D

Yeah, I did try it, and it did help, though it sometimes still lags when having to load a large area. Playing in a smaller window seems to help as well.

Luckily, I'm going to buy a new computer soon! :D

Did you change the draw distance? That helps tremendously, I only ever have max draw distance if I'm a ways off course and trying to find home base then I drop it back down.

Did you change the draw distance? That helps tremendously, I only ever have max draw distance if I'm a ways off course and trying to find home base then I drop it back down.

Yeah, it helps a lot.

My god, this game is fun/addicting/awesome/win!

I find it to be like Harvest Moon. You can play and play and have plenty to show for your time, but you're never really doing anything.

Mcoy was working on this before the server was rolled back. Points for those who know what this is.

whatwasnevermadetobe.jpg

Major Halloween update coming.!

- Hellworld for fast travel

- New difficult monsters.

- More light needed to keep you safe in the deep.

- Torches die after some time. Can be reignited with flint & steel. New lanterns burn permanently.

- (Scary?) Fishing!

- Craft watches.

- Biomes, more music, better sound.

We're probably going to die a lot. :D

Edited by Burny

Big Halloween update!

We're so gonna die. :D

Well, I'm totally gonna get pwnd...

I've done enough running away scared from skeletons and creepers (I'm sans un bow) in caves, but knowing that the torches that provide my guidance out which are still lit might not be enough to keep critters away. I'm going to need to regularly hot-swap underwear, I fear...