NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Any PS3 users still playing this?

PSN name is Tahles if you still haven't added me :) Online now.

62820120304274600123460sv1.jpg

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

All I want to know about PS4 Minecraft...

Do the worlds load at least ten times faster than the Xbox version which was so terribly slow that it was barely worth playing from what I recall. :heh:

All I want to know about PS4 Minecraft...

Do the worlds load at least ten times faster than the Xbox version which was so terribly slow that it was barely worth playing from what I recall. :heh:

I will tell you as soon as the game is downloadable, or rather as soon as I have downloaded it :p

Cheers brah-kon! : peace:

If it's significantly improved then I'll buy eet! :D

Didn't it only have one long load time? Not really that big an issue, plenty of games had a long initial load last-gen (Halo 3 springs to mind). Just make a cuppa :p After that the solution is simple: never stop playing :D

Wish there was a way you could cheaply upgrade from 360 to PS4...

Yeah they are bigger than the old console worlds but I dont know which version it is compared to the PC.

I'm getting it just for the easier multiplayer. Hoping to get a good NE world built!

I'll be there :D

Didn't it only have one long load time? Not really that big an issue, plenty of games had a long initial load last-gen (Halo 3 springs to mind). Just make a cuppa :p After that the solution is simple: never stop playing :D

Not only the long initial loading when you first entered the world but then everything else whenever you'd go to another part of the map, it would just seem to be loading for most of the time, really killed it for me. :(

Being that this is essentially the same game on new hardware I would at the very least expect the load times to be at a minimum to be small or ideally nearly non-existent. :heh:

You're right though, once it has all loaded the game really is pure building bliss. : peace:

I've never played Minecraft so I've picked it up since it's only £12.99.

...What should I expect?

I've never played Minecraft so I've picked it up since it's only £12.99.

...What should I expect?

Virtual Lego!

Build whatever you like within the boundaries of your world.

That's what it's like in creative mode at least, as for playing it as a 'game' with the threat of creepers etc, I have no idea as I never really cared for that part of it but the scope for building things is immense! :D

That's what it's like in creative mode at least, as for playing it as a 'game' with the threat of creepers etc, I have no idea as I never really cared for that part of it but the scope for building things is immense! :D

Heh, I only really care for the survival/exploration/gathering aspect. :D

Creative mode isn't really for me as I'm, well, uncreative :laughing:

Currently uploading a video to youtube which shows loading times and a bit of "gameplay".

My internet connection sucks, so you have to wait 2 hours :blank:

@Daft if possible, dive into the survival mode uninformed. I think crafting recipes are shown to you in the crafting menu, so you don't need to look them up.

Beware of the night, my friend :p

I'll download Minecraft after work tonight - been looking forward to this as I've never played it before.

What is it? You build stuff? What like SimCity? I'm not really getting it.

Well, that snuck out of nowhere. Never played Minecraft before myself, but probably will wait before buying as i've got a huge backlog and not a lot of time to play. Damn these 13 hour working days.

Survival:

1. hit blocks until they break

2. craft stuff with blocks (i.e. pickaxe, sword, wooden planks, doors, buckets,...)

3. hit more blocks

4. craft more stuff

5. build a shelter/dig into the ground/GO AND HIDE

6. kill shit

7. build shit

8. explore shit

9. hit MORE FUCKING BLOCKS

Adding to every point: survive

:p

Creative mode:

1. you have access to unlimited supply of all blocks

2. BUILD SHIT

2012-02-01_152607_1354193_4360878_lrg.jpg

ayefu3n.jpg

9.png

That's basically it. If you enjoy it, it's a fucking timesink.

Drahkon's pro-tip #87: Turn off ingame music, turn on your favourite music and play Minecraft.

It's not like Sim City because Sim City has a point and is a deep amazing strategy game. This is just building stuff pretty much.

That sounds negative. I don't mean ti to be. It's an amazing tool, particularly for kids I feel.

Minecraft is arguably one of the best (maybe even the best) creative games out there. It's also incredibly complex, if you want it to be. Building mechanisms using redstone means you can spend hours building contraptions and finding new ways to play. Undoubtedly it's incredibly popular with kids but it's by no means childish, I think most kids just have more imagination. :p

I think most kids just have more imagination. :p

What a ridiculous statement. I'm almost 25 and I created this:

5WNqpJ4.jpg

Inside a hill.

Yeah. I blew your fucking mind, didn't I?

:p

LET'S GET CREATIVE.

You want me to post that video again? :p

Edit: Oh, you sneaky bitch. :D

Edited by drahkon

You want me to post that video again? :p

Edit: Oh, you sneaky bitch. :D

lol, I was on Tapatalk which doesn't display HDYT tags (but does do regular YouTube tags) so I although I knew you posted a video but didn't know it'd be the same one. I saw that phrase and thought to post it. :p

Been playing Minecraft for the past few hours. Usually I play on survival with peaceful setting, but this I'm going to alway play on careful or whatever the second lowest setting was. Spent my time so far mainly creating the base with a house, storage and farming area for wheat and cows.

I live pretty much in the middle of a high hill area, a jungle and a desert and I think I see snow in the distance. I have even seen the ocelot prowling my backyard twice.

Took me under 5 minutes to start loving Minecraft.

Only played the tutorial, though...

I built a house and then night came and I hid inside and then I decided to take a peek out and there was a creeper and I yelped and barricaded myself inside and the creeper was trying to smash my door in.

What happens when you die? Do you start again?

I built a house and then night came and I hid inside and then I decided to take a peek out and there was a creeper and I yelped and barricaded myself inside and the creeper was trying to smash my door in.

That's Minecraft for ya :laughing:

I forgot about the creepers. Was minding my own business building a house and then...SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssss, BOOM. Dead.

What happens when you die? Do you start again?

You respawn at your respawn point (duh), which is either where you first "landed" on your world or

near your bed, as soon as you have crafted one and slept in it once.

You drop every item in your inventory but can pick them up again (unless they drop into fire/lava).

Edited by drahkon