Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mafia General Discussion Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have another twist on the DIY format for another future mafia.

People send me their characters, and I assign them abilities based on what slip of paper I draw outta hat/something similar.

The target of their night powers will also be drawn out of said hat/something similar and people will get PM's regarding their results. Naturally I would record myself doing this as to preserve the integrity (which may be viewed at the games end)

God I'm good.

For the record, I'm willing to try any mafia game, so don't take my lack of response as lack of interest :heh:

Now, Eevil's idea... The first part sounds fine, but the second part where each person gets random nightly PMs... I can't say I like the sound of that part.

I agree with Jonnas. You'd basically be randomising the whole game, mafia would end up killing mafia, people would target who they don't want to target, and would make half the point of having a night phase pointless. Doesn't sound fun to me, sorry.

And if the character's power is randomised and not based on their character, it won't really feel right in terms of the theme... you might as well not have characters and be called "Roleblocker", "Doctor" etc.

Now, Eevil's idea... The first part sounds fine, but the second part where each person gets random nightly PMs... I can't say I like the sound of that part.

It's not exactly getting random nightly PM's, it's more like being redirected every night. Each player would be the same character and will keep the same ability, but will be told who they targeted in the night phase. Which can be considerably shorter.

I agree with Jonnas. You'd basically be randomising the whole game, mafia would end up killing mafia, people would target who they don't want to target, and would make half the point of having a night phase pointless. Doesn't sound fun to me, sorry.

And if the character's power is randomised and not based on their character, it won't really feel right in terms of the theme... you might as well not have characters and be called "Roleblocker", "Doctor" etc.

I've been considering the idea of mafia killing themselves like that and I think I've found a way around it.

And any ability can be mapped onto a character if you word it right. Just look at some of the characters abilities from previous mafias on the first page.

It's not exactly getting random nightly PM's, it's more like being redirected every night. Each player would be the same character and will keep the same ability, but will be told who they targeted in the night phase. Which can be considerably shorter.

That will still mean that sending targets is useless, they're getting chosen by someone else. The mafia can't strategise, and townies can't act according to their instincts.

That will still mean that sending targets is useless, they're getting chosen by someone else.

Yes... I thought that was obvious :S

The mafia can't strategise, and townies can't act according to their instincts.

I know! It sounds crazy fun. But if people aren't feeling it - so be it.

My other DIH mafia is still ready to go though.

Can we sort some kind of queue for the next mafias as there seem to be a few ready to go now..

Are we sticking to one mafia on the go at any one time?

The order people have posted so far goes..

Yvonne. The Wire.

The Peeps. C & D 2.

DuD. Front Room Mafia.

Jimbob.

EEvil. DIH Mafia.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!