NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

Question for y'all. How do you select who is in the mafia in your games?

I myself did the old FA [i think they still do it] by giving each character a number, then drawing a number for each person, raffle style.

Question for y'all. How do you select who is in the mafia in your games?

I myself did the old FA [i think they still do it] by giving each character a number, then drawing a number for each person, raffle style.

I do most of the roles by random number generator, unless I've specifically written roles for people/thought X would enjoy X role, and if certain factions end up with too many or too few active/vocal players then I may switch around, but RNG is usually fine.

In my Star Wars one, I randomised it. In my 2nd DIY game (the video game one), i decided myself which characters i wanted in the mafia.

Usually, I randomise it, with a select few roles going to specific people for a number of reasons (Example: Flinky and Eenuh will be sharing the computer for a time --> put them in a team together).

The Ace Attorney mafia was the exception where I chose everyone's roles (though who got to be mafia and townie happened more by chance, since all I did was pick character/powers for the players)

With DIY, it's like MadDog said: characters are set in stone, not their alignment, so build the mafia around the better roles for evil.

Need more mafia games, i'm really starting to love them. Back to the mafia, see if it can be moved along once more.

Pok?mafia 13 : Diamond and Pearl is now complete.

It is going to be a fuck tonne of fun, and I am happy to go next (double bill win) as long as no one else has one ready to begin? If so, I will do an early sign ups, to give time for me to slightly adjust it depending on how many players.

?

Do it, though I think people might be a bit burnt out from how relentless and engaging mnml has been, it's a tough act to follow!

That said, I believe in you ReZ.

Pok?mafia 13 : Diamond and Pearl is now complete.

It is going to be a fuck tonne of fun, and I am happy to go next (double bill win) as long as no one else has one ready to begin? If so, I will do an early sign ups, to give time for me to slightly adjust it depending on how many players.

?

I'm in.

I'll have that unkillable, unlynchable role with a double vote that you've created just for me, please ;)

I'm in.

I'll have that unkillable, unlynchable role with a double vote that you've created just for me, please ;)

Blates mafia vote: mr-paul

Blates mafia vote: mr-paul

But he's unlynchable, you're just trying to take the flak away from yourself! Vote: Peeps

I've been interested in running a DIY mafia for a while. Would anyone object to me doing one and starting it ASAP?

Anyone wanting to play can pm me with whatever they want to be. Inanimate object, characters from stuff, anything really...

PM me with your first choice and 2 backups :)

I've been interested in running a DIY mafia for a while. Would anyone object to me doing one and starting it ASAP?

Anyone wanting to play can pm me with whatever they want to be. Inanimate object, characters from stuff, anything really...

PM me with your first choice and 2 backups :)

Literally anything? This is...interesting.

This is exactly how a DIY mafia is supposed to be! I was thinking of running one when I had more time myself.

They're usually so fun to run (the last time I ran one, some of the choices included an Eye Disease, a Worm from Worms, Mulder and Scully chosen independently, the King of All Cosmos and Jonnas). I got creative and improvised with a lot of roles (especially those that were sent early). Hell, Angus MacNeil was inspired by a role I created for that game.

Just remember to create a sign-up thread for that :heh:

This is exactly how a DIY mafia is supposed to be! I was thinking of running one when I had more time myself.

They're usually so fun to run (the last time I ran one, some of the choices included an Eye Disease, a Worm from Worms, Mulder and Scully chosen independently, the King of All Cosmos and Jonnas). I got creative and improvised with a lot of roles (especially those that were sent early). Hell, Angus MacNeil was inspired by a role I created for that game.

Just remember to create a sign-up thread for that :heh:

Ah, yes, that was the first ever mafia game I participated in! It was glorious! :D

Indeed, i'm looking forward to how this DIY mafia plays out. Peeps did a great mafia game with the Cloak and Dagger mafia, so i expect many surprises this time as well.

Unfortunately, I didn’t sign up for Peeps’ DIY because I was engaged in a war to save the universe (or so I thought, but this isn’t the place), but I’ve been itching to play one again since the sign-ups of the last Pokemafia (but I had other stuff on my mind, so I didn’t sign up for that one as well). @Tales, what’s the status of yours? ;)

I’ll just start posting in the current ones then, hopefully nobody will notice ;).

Thanks for the offer, though it's always weird to replace someone. Plus I don't get to choose my character (would have been awesome ;)).