NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

I really wanna play one of your games but I don't know anything about pokemon :(!

You don't need any knowledge of Pokémon to play. :) Of course, knowing all four hundred and what's-it Pokémon would help you identify the characters, but I doubt many people in here do.

Its a shame, I did have an Advance Wars Mafia almost fully written but its on my PC which is currently not operational.

Although Poke knowledge helps, I don't think its the be-all....give it a try anyway? :)

Have I moved up the list even an inch?

I scrapped the Lost mafia when it was half way finished. It's now a general TV show mafia. I have made a few roles already but I'm considering for people to post the show they want to represent like what Maddog(?) did with his mafia with videogame characters. I'm hesistant because I can't say when it will start although I want it to happen this half of the year(spesificially February/March, then June and out because of exams).

Are people up for 80% confirming their participation? The requirements are that I must be fairly familiar to the show and it be made from 2000 and on, at least some of the seasons. A list of 5 should be made so I have something to pick from, depending on what I know of the show and people picking the same shows. What do people think?

ReZ- heck why not, sign me up (well, when you are ready)

Tales - DIY tv show mafia? Sounds great! Now, what have I actually watched since 2000....hrmm...

Truth to be told, I have no idea what DIY stands for :p Someone inform me!

Do It Yourself - so since we are sending in the shows to you, in a similar way as Maddog's DIY Videogame one, we have a hand in building the setup.

DIY is a common acronym for doing work about the home, putting up shelves etc

I don't really see the list to be in consecutive order anymore. Lots of people are up there who aren't ready and probably have no intention of making those games anymore :p

Tales I think that's a good idea but you run the risk of everyone picking the same shows if they have to be broad enough to ensure that you know them. Worth a shot though. I loved the Norse mafia so I look forward to another game by you.

I'm very much against people posting sign-ups if they're not already ready to start the game (no offence to people who have done so ;)) so if you don't think you're going to be able to run it until March then hold off on making any sign-ups until nearer the time.

I watch tons of tv shows so I didn't think it would be too much of an issue. But if start up time is an issue than I'll just make up everything myself and randomly assign. I don't want to do a DIY mafia if I have one-two weeks to create roles, my creativity needs time to rest :p The reason I considered people picking the show is that they might be more invested/enjoy the game more, and the reason why I should be familiar with the show is that I can make better roles. Like powers fitting the character. When I played Maddog's game I picked Lighting from FFXIII and I think it said I couldn't be roleblocked or something because she was beautiful, which is true, but not fitting character wise(she'd probably chop you up). No offence to Maddog's great game of course.

I'm not expecting all 16 to send pms. Why don't the most interested give me a list? If they don't sign up after all, that's ok, then I have made the role anyway and I'll give it to someone else. At least I get an idea of what's popular between N-E user so I don't just pick high school shows :p

korean soap opera - the mafia :|

I'll think of a couple of shows and send your way. Don't use the wire though, that is totally its own mafia :)

Can you elaborate a bit on the TV show theme? Do we pick one TV show from which the roles are taken, or do we pick characters from different shows?

Pick a show. I pick one of the lead characters based on various complicated scientificially calculations.

I’m getting a bit of an itch to play again @Tales (though preferrably, I have to fix my internet first).

Are you going to be upset if it is something obscure / old / foreign though?

No, that's ok. But I may have to go to IMDB and research and it may or may not make the role unrealistic in terms of power. You can do like Danny and make a priority list. The sooner the better, I want to put in a few shows myselfs in case they don't get picked so slacker don't get to choose.

I'll aim for a March 1st start if there's just one other mafia running. Again 16 players.

Btw, I don't do large stories, if that's what interest people in mafia. Just roles and general write up.

March 1st is good, internet should be fixed by then and I hope to be less busy as well by that time. I’ll send some suggestions then.

I have finished Ruby and Sapphire, after some mildly large adjustments actually. I am interested in going next if there are no objections.

It's now a general TV show mafia.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That was my sequel :(

Ah well, there's plenty of TV shows for everyone :D

How soon do people want another Pokemafia, cos' Diamond and Pearl is looking to be pretty badass.