NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

Brewing up ideas for a House of Parliament Mafia.

Probably be ready in a week or two because I'm away most of this week! Will finally get around to running my first mafia!

I am so up for that!

Sorry for anyone waiting for wire mafia, things have gotten in the way and I'm still in two minds about some roles.

It may actually be ready a lot sooner but will wait until Peepsville is finished! Really excited for it actually!

If any regular GM could send me the spreadsheet they use to manage everything that would be fabulous :)

I sent you a couple - one's mnml mafia, which was quite stripped down, but functional

The other one is pokemafia 14, which is a bit more detailed but obviously a player-side table. Still, it should give you some ideas on how you're going to keep track of things.

Often people also keep text files of PM and role templates, which is very helpful, particularly on flavoursome setups.

It would be worth keeping a key of action resolution order incase lots of people target the same person.

Finally, by far the most annoying thing is the 60 second pm time limit. In fact it might be worth seeing if that throttle could be adjusted for GMs...

Thanks for all the spreadsheets and advice @Yvonne :)

I would like to tease that my game will have some kind of "Leader of the House" (ie. mayor) election, and voting will be done under the First Past the Post (most votes) system that @Rummy and @Marcamillian had in their game which worked very well in my opinion!

It's been ages since I played/made a Mafia game but I feel the need to create one. I have a Mafia game in mind. Funnily enough, it came to me in my dream but I think it'll be cool nonetheless. It's a mixture of Mafia and what I used to do with the SAW RPGs (if anybody was around at the time when I did them. If you wasn't, click here). However, this time, it's between Scream or Legends of Horror. The Scream one, believe it or not, would be the most interesting one but the Legends of Horror would be pretty cool too. If you guys had to choose, what would sound more interesting?

Also, how do you guys keep track of things when you're GM of Mafia games? I saw that some people use spreadsheets, anybody got a template they could send me or something?

Ha! Just read my old SAW game, still love it now. But yeah, it'll be a mixture of the type of game I created AND a Mafia game if we had Scream. I think I might go for Scream first, that would work better with it.

Edited by Animal
Automerged Doublepost

Yeah, that would be cool if you could please. I'll PM you my e-mail address! :)

cool, I sent you the same ones I sent mr-paul, so same advice applies. Good luck!

Regarding the mafia games I'm in, the next week's time my online time will be unpredictable. Obviously I'm gone from Friday to Monday, and both before and after there'll be other stuff that might take up some of my time. I hope it won't be too disruptive to the games.

Regarding the mafia games I'm in, the next week's time my online time will be unpredictable. Obviously I'm gone from Friday to Monday, and both before and after there'll be other stuff that might take up some of my time. I hope it won't be too disruptive to the games.

In this case I will probably have an extended night/day due to N-E meet seeing it will affect quite a few participants.

I mentioned about his at the meet, I am considering running my first mafia game, which would be the "Happy Days mafia". There is some interest already, and as soon as one of the current games concludes I will prepare this one.

I mentioned about his at the meet, I am considering running my first mafia game, which would be the "Happy Days mafia". There is some interest already, and as soon as one of the current games concludes I will prepare this one.

Sign me up for that one!!! EYYYYYYY! :awesome:

Right, I was not happy with being inactive for the past week, and I already know in all likelihood I'll be inactive again the entire week after the next, i.e. from the 14th to the 22nd. If I get modkilled, I understand and accept that, but I'd rather a replacement might be found before then.

I am really sorry for my busyness. I started signing up to mafias again because I figured the holidays would give me the time I need, but unfortunately I didn't think of all the early holiday plans that had popped up. Again, I apologise.

I'll be having free time starting on the 12th. Maybe I could be the one to replace Dannyboy (or anybody else behaving inactively).

I'm also going on holidays on the last week of July, but I trust the current games will be finished by then?

I'll be having free time starting on the 12th. Maybe I could be the one to replace Dannyboy (or anybody else behaving inactively).

I'm also going on holidays on the last week of July, but I trust the current games will be finished by then?

Still up for taking my place? :)

Still up for taking my place? :)

Yup :) Feel free to tell me your suspicions if you're a townie, or your treacherous plans if you're a mafioso (I haven't actually been following the game that closely, so I still need to catch up)

Just wanted to let people know that I'm currently in Southampton, posting from my phone. I won't be able to post again for a few hours, and it's not me ignoring things, I'm just out.

Just wanted to let people know that I'm currently in Southampton, posting from my phone. I won't be able to post again for a few hours, and it's not me ignoring things, I'm just out.

I'm in Southampton too, not stopping me posting :p

Thanks for letting everyone know :)