NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

I'll be ready to go for a mafia game pretty soon. In tribute to a popular TV show, i got 2 in mind. Anyway, i'm planning on a Red Dwarf mafia. Am writing roles over the weekend, and can get a 2nd game going pretty soon.

Whoever gets the sign-up thread started first :heh:

Maybe they'll do it quicker if you update the Mafia Outcome thread...

I have updated the first post with the results mr-paul updated (cheers mr-paul)

I'll probably wait till someone else does the most recent ones till updating again. Because I'm lazy.

And yes. Someone get one up. Don't make me do it.

I will start wire season 1 if that's ok with everyone? I'm on the train now but will make actual signup thread when I'm home.

Yeah, I am a little on pause at the moment with the videos on account of them taking a while.

Also I just had a thought - for future, when judging interest in a mafia game, we could just count thanks on a post in general, avoiding the cluttering posts and threads! Right off to make the signup

I'll be ready to roll out a new mafia anytime in October. Just adding the final touches to the roles. I've learned my lesson from the last one, confusing roles and powers.

I've got one ready as well.

It'll be my first, but I think it'll work :)

Need about 14 people.

Pleeeeeeaaase

I have another twist on the DIY format for another future mafia.

People send me their characters, and I assign them abilities based on what slip of paper I draw outta hat/something similar.

The target of their night powers will also be drawn out of said hat/something similar and people will get PM's regarding their results. Naturally I would record myself doing this as to preserve the integrity (which may be viewed at the games end)

God I'm good.

Naturally I would record myself doing this as to preserve the integrity (which may be viewed at the games end)

Couldn't you just re-record if you pulled out the wrong name, though? :p

For the record, I'm willing to try any mafia game, so don't take my lack of response as lack of interest :heh:

Now, Eevil's idea... The first part sounds fine, but the second part where each person gets random nightly PMs... I can't say I like the sound of that part.

I agree with Jonnas. You'd basically be randomising the whole game, mafia would end up killing mafia, people would target who they don't want to target, and would make half the point of having a night phase pointless. Doesn't sound fun to me, sorry.

And if the character's power is randomised and not based on their character, it won't really feel right in terms of the theme... you might as well not have characters and be called "Roleblocker", "Doctor" etc.

Now, Eevil's idea... The first part sounds fine, but the second part where each person gets random nightly PMs... I can't say I like the sound of that part.

It's not exactly getting random nightly PM's, it's more like being redirected every night. Each player would be the same character and will keep the same ability, but will be told who they targeted in the night phase. Which can be considerably shorter.

I agree with Jonnas. You'd basically be randomising the whole game, mafia would end up killing mafia, people would target who they don't want to target, and would make half the point of having a night phase pointless. Doesn't sound fun to me, sorry.

And if the character's power is randomised and not based on their character, it won't really feel right in terms of the theme... you might as well not have characters and be called "Roleblocker", "Doctor" etc.

I've been considering the idea of mafia killing themselves like that and I think I've found a way around it.

And any ability can be mapped onto a character if you word it right. Just look at some of the characters abilities from previous mafias on the first page.

It's not exactly getting random nightly PM's, it's more like being redirected every night. Each player would be the same character and will keep the same ability, but will be told who they targeted in the night phase. Which can be considerably shorter.

That will still mean that sending targets is useless, they're getting chosen by someone else. The mafia can't strategise, and townies can't act according to their instincts.

That will still mean that sending targets is useless, they're getting chosen by someone else.

Yes... I thought that was obvious :S

The mafia can't strategise, and townies can't act according to their instincts.

I know! It sounds crazy fun. But if people aren't feeling it - so be it.

My other DIH mafia is still ready to go though.

I've been considering the idea of mafia killing themselves like that and I think I've found a way around it.

Job done.

:kiss:

Can we sort some kind of queue for the next mafias as there seem to be a few ready to go now..

Are we sticking to one mafia on the go at any one time?

The order people have posted so far goes..

Yvonne. The Wire.

The Peeps. C & D 2.

DuD. Front Room Mafia.

Jimbob.

EEvil. DIH Mafia.

We used to have a queue, but then hosts would lose interest by the time their turn arrived :heh: Still, it's a good idea to keep a priority list.