NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

Going cold turkey was too much for N-europe, as I say re:mnml. We should either change up, or admit day start is a pointless exercise.

I'll never be a fan of lynching based on way of posting alone since it's such an easy thing to get wrong. People act in the strangest of ways in mafia games and can be quite unpredictable, and just as often as not people read too much into things and jump to false conclusions. I find it a bit strange that Yvonne is such a fan of it when he's also the first to point out that behaviour can be faked to gain trust.

All the same, you need something to talk about first, and pressuring people into revealing themselves on day 1 seems a tad aggressive. But maybe that's just me.

Going cold turkey was too much for N-europe, as I say re:mnml. We should either change up, or admit day start is a pointless exercise.

Oh, I've suggested we start with the night before, but people felt it'd be confusing. I agree that day 1 is pointless, but old habits die hard, I guess.

Revealing their role isn't the only thing to talk about though, there's plenty of other stuff. Thoughts about the game/theme, possible roles, likely mafia size, initial votes, judging early variations in peoples' behaviour...

Faking behaviour to gain trust is part of why I love mafia. If there's too much definitive information around, there is never the opportunity for it. Heck if there's too much definitive information it's also nearly impossible to fake information (which is another thing I enjoy). I just like getting stuck in really

So you start putting pressure votes on until they reveal something. That gets other people talking as well. All you need is one thing to start a discussion and it can last for pages and pages, as you know :) On other forums day 1 almost always ends in a lynch of someone, based entirely on how someone has posted.

I don't think that'd work here. The Mafia could just not post on D1, and apparently it's a crime here to lynch people based on lack of posting so they'd completely sail through. No one here would feel that not posting on D1 would be lynch-worthy anyway.

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

Just want to apologise to everyone in EEVIL'S mafia for my recent inactivity. I'm back in Britain on Sunday so normal service will resume then.

As for the discussion above, I feel that games work best when they are driven by info given to the players and deduced from suspicions and behaviour rather than using the write up. I like it when they are full of flavour, but shouldn't give too much away otherwise it makes it too hard for the mafia. It is very hard to get the right balance.

Have we still got that list with who's next after the last game(s)?. Mine is all written up, but i don't intend on starting until mid-late January.

There's only mine left to run from it now C&DII is up and going.

I was thinking of penciling a start date of the 7th January for mine. I'll be updating the sign up thread accordiny and @ing peoples closer to the time as a broad reminder.

I'm going to try finish all the videos for my Mafia over Christmas, providing a I can get access to a laptop at home. So could be ready early in the year.

Sorry for the delay in my game. My only day off this week was Christmas eve and that was my dad's birthday. My next day off isn't until January 4th too but I'll try to keep the game up to date now that the mental Christmas rush is mostly over.

What is going on :( I want to play....

I really should complete my own one day :p Think I have completed 1/3 of three different mafias but never finished them. Progress lost anyway since I got a new computer :p

Peeps is taking a wee bit long to start and end days. At this point, I don't even remember who was next in line (DuD, I think it was?)

Mafia games seem to be going into a bit of a lull at the moment... we need some fresh blood. There's only so much you can play with just the same players over and over, as no matter how good the game itself is. We need some new players like Magnus Peterson and Jon Dedede, and returns of veterans like ReZ etc.

Sorry for the extended phases, I'm just so busy at work lately =\ week off next week though :)

I'll get mine transferred from my phone to computer and get the start up thread resurrected.

Things should be back to normal for me now. I would like to announce a sequel to my Peepsville Mafia. Like the first game there will be a lot of flavour and it will be important to the game. Your decisions will matter.

I'm on guard all week, which is pretty boring.

So today I've fleshed out one of my new mafia ideas and it's ready to go.

I assume Peepsville II is ready to go next?? so i'll go after Peeps, unless anyone objects?

Also..

I need one more person to take part in my first mafia, as the remaining three people haven't responded since I updated the sign-up thread..

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane @Animal @heroicjanitor

are any of you interested?

Edited by DuD
fucking @s - I need a lesson off Sheikah

Oh I don't think mine is next, I've only just announced it. I'm happy to go again if no one else is ready though (and my schedule is cleared so I'll be up to date with phase changes).

Sorry, just checked.. it looks like Jimbob has one ready, but that's it.

Yeah, I'm definately next.. I'm just waiting on 1 more player and it'll start.

I'm saying I've finished my next one and its ready too. I was trying to work out the order for after mine :)

As much as I want to play, I currently don't feel I have the time and dedication for mafia games. :hmm:

Shame, return soon. Much missed indeed.

Speaking of which, mines just having a few tweaks and could be ready soon(ish) for playing.