NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

yupyup! I did a couple of newbie games last year when I had a bit more time, and it was fun, but quite intense. I've been meaning to go back at some point, so let me know when you're signing up to one.

Too bad, because like I said, I really just signed up. It’s 2 days in into a newbie game.

That's cool, I'm a bit pressed for time just now. Drop me a line for the next one!

I fancy joining a Mafiascum game when RL allows.. let me know as well when the next ones starting please.

Just wondering, what happened to some of the regulars? I was going a few pages back, but not too many. Dannyboy is busy I gathered, but the rest? It is that my current game had no minimum requirement, otherwise I’d have been disappointed :p.

For the record, I'm next, after Sméagol's game. I'll try to post my sign-up thread shortly after Sméagol's game ends (as in, a few hours later).

I'll get my American Dad one finished for after Jonnas'.. unless anyone else is ready?

can I be town in the next game?!?! I can't remember the last time I was town and I'm starting to lie to people just out of habit

I had a stage of constantly being mafia and actually got to that point too..

Becky would say something that was blatently right and I'd be trying to convice her she was wrong just because??!

Its funny.. but its also not!

can I be town in the next game?!?! I can't remember the last time I was town and I'm starting to lie to people just out of habit

I think I saw you complain about it somewhere even before I started my game. But I just took the first 4 numbers the RNG gave me..

Also:

Announcing:

LET’S BE FRIENDS MAFIA

- Everyone is on the same team.

- Everyone has the protect ability.

- Anyone who survives night 1, wins!

- Free ice cream for everyone.

Haha no, I certainly don't blame you for that, and it's good practice to use RNG, otherwise GM bias becomes part of the game. But I must have displeased the RNG gods somehow :)

I am so in for the lets be friends mafia though

I think I saw you complain about it somewhere even before I started my game. But I just took the first 4 numbers the RNG gave me..

Also:

Announcing:

LET’S BE FRIENDS MAFIA

- Everyone is on the same team.

- Everyone has the protect ability.

- Anyone who survives night 1, wins!

- Free ice cream for everyone.

I'm guessing anyone not protected just dies that night? Otherwise how would that work?! Intrigued.

It.. was a joke. Though I’m sure you people will manage to lynch poor Jimbob day 1..

Fuck. That actually sounded like it could be a real game, somehow. :p

Especially the free ice cream part.

My game won't include ice cream, though. I'm a jerk like that.

[..]

My game won't include ice cream, though. I'm a jerk like that.

Ok, fine, I’m out then.

I came up with a simple open mafia this morning that would focus on player interaction and mind games. I'll post the rules later, maybe run it at some point after Jonnas' game.

I think I start thinking about mafia when there is a gap between games... :)

You goin straight after Jonnas?

My American Dad Mafia is ready to go so i'll go after you if thats the case.

I also have another concept fleshed out, which i'm pretty intruiged about. No flavour or anything to it yet, but the mechanics are fully sorted. If it works as planned there should be plenty of reason for everyone to be open and talkative.

No no, I'll go after you, unless you need time to make changes or whatever, but a 23 player mafia is going to take some time I suspect :D

Depends if any stick around for more mafia games. Currently i've made 14 roles, but i'll deffo accomodate extra.

Yeah can see that being a marathon :D