NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

My mafia is an InSaN-E AsyLuM mafia

I'VE CRACKED THE CODE. It's going to me a MISN-EALM mafia.

CAN'T WAIT.

ADDITIONALLY

The Official title of my next mafia shall be:

The Cell Games 2: 80's/90's Movie Mafia.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

The lack of activity in the current mafia game makes me think this may take a while.... lol

You know what's weird? This break is actually giving me an itch to host a mafia game :heh: I have some ideas for a game, but right now is definitely not a good idea to put myself on the queue.

Feeling like it's time for me to plan my second game, not a sequel but something hopefully just as good as the Mafia Game of the Year 2012 :p

Stick me on the waiting list, will reveal theme etc. in due course.

With my game done and dusted (a great game i might add), i would like to add my name to the list for my next game.

I'll be doing a LEGO Mafia #2: Adventurers soon. I'll start at an available slot in November.

Game order:

Marcamillian - ?

EEVILMURRAY - The Cell Games 2: 80's/90's Movie Mafia

ReZourceman - Hyper-Gemstone-Ultra-Fish Mafia

DuD - Mr Men Mafia

Yvonne - Prison Mafia

Sméagol - High Risk High Reward mafia 2: the Christmas massacre

DuD - The Mr Men Masquerade

Diageo - Gods & Demons

ReZourceman - Pokemafia EX Alpha 2

Mr-Plow - ?

JimBob - ?

Cube - LEGO Mafia #2: Adventurers

Sméagol - “DAWTFYW” mafia

I updated the list, ReZ forgot Diageo.

Apart from HRHR2, I’d also love to do yet another short and experimental game, but focussed on abilities, and not discussion (24 hour days), totally unfair, complete chaos, probably highly unbalanced, your mod is god, highly improvised (both by mod and players), and choose your ability each night, and rules are meant to be broken.

Yes you read that right about the “choose your ability each night”. As to not have a game like this completely derail into chaos, I’ll have to come up with a set of rules to limit the abilities. Currently I’m thinking of the following:

- Limited to one target, unless you can convince me your ability needs more (a redirect for example)

- Limited to one effect, no stacking, unless you can convince me otherwise (or if you masterfully can describe your ability as one effect flavourwise). So no roleblocking / silencing / investigating all in one etc.

- Every ability can only be used once each night by anyone. First come first served. So no alignment investigations by all of town.

Furthermore, going with the flavour, I’ll be throwing most other rules overboard. So you may edit your posts, and you may PM each other, and post my PM’s.

Anyway, let me know if that sounds like fun. Despite being broken, I’m hoping it’ll be hilarious.

Edited by Sméagol

That sounds amazing.

Would anyone be happy to initiate the two mafia games at once rule? It would be particularly useful in this case as the Christmas Massacre would run at Christmas time if we do two games at once. If not it looks like it will be some time after.

I've decided to skip the Adventures LEGO (for now) and go straight to my plan for the third one. It will be:

LEGO Mafia #2: Build it Yourself

It's about time we had a new DIY, however there will be limits to what you can pick. They can be either

- An official LEGO character - either their own creations or any licensed character who has been included in a set (or separate official minifigure).

- Any fan-made LEGO creations you find online (you must send me a link to the image).

- Your own LEGO creation (with a picture of the creation).

Note: Please keep things to scale - a human-sized character should be a minifigure, not a larger LEGO model made from many bricks.

I've decided to skip the Adventures LEGO (for now) and go straight to my plan for the third one. It will be:

LEGO Mafia #2: Build it Yourself

It's about time we had a new DIY, however there will be limits to what you can pick. They can be either

- An official LEGO character - either their own creations or any licensed character who has been included in a set (or separate official minifigure).

- Any fan-made LEGO creations you find online (you must send me a link to the image).

- Your own LEGO creation (with a picture of the creation).

Note: Please keep things to scale - a human-sized character should be a minifigure, not a larger LEGO model made from many bricks.

Whereas, a large sized character, for example....oh I dunno....a Galactus....would be fine.

8559730395_db18f2fb7e_z.jpg

#AnyExcuseToShowOffGalactus

But yes. Needless to say, I love this idea too.

I've no idea what i'm going to call my new one, would people be interested in a sequel to an older game i've had or a brand new one?.

Whereas, a large sized character, for example....oh I dunno....a Galactus....would be fine.

Yes, that would be fine.

That sounds amazing.

Would anyone be happy to initiate the two mafia games at once rule? It would be particularly useful in this case as the Christmas Massacre would run at Christmas time if we do two games at once. If not it looks like it will be some time after.

Okies, you want me to start mine?

Can I get a verdict on something I've raised before - the issue of night posting by alive players.

I've seen living players post, post lynch/curtain call of night, posts relating somewhat to the dead person. I really don't agree with this as it's presenting an angle given that you're still alive, and usually posting about the dead person's flip. These posts are generally either of the nature of 'ha! i said so! or 'zomg cant believe that flip'. I can't remember when it was I brought it up before, think either mid or post game in one of Jonnas's - but what are the general mafia community's thoughts on it? I think it was a bit 50/50 then too, but never raised as a larger discussion.