Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Breaking Bad

ReZourceman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow! That was amazing.

Didn't expect the Walt/Hank (semi) showdown to happen so soon, thought Walt would see the book in his garage and they'd spend a few episodes sizing each other up. But "Tread Lightly"...fantastic line from Walt. Genuinely on the edge of my seat.

HOLY FRAK THAT WAS AWESOME

Thread Lightly!

Bloody hell, like Dogamoto I didn't expect a confrontation so soon. Thought it would end with Walt looking for the book and it would carry on to the next ep... but then he found the tracker and was like "damn shit is gonna go DOWN" and thought it would end there.... but it kept going (I have no sense of time) When he went to Hanks I again thought it would go to credits when he started to walk out then he goes back and pulls out the tracker.... WTF SHIT JUST GOT REAL.

Also found this :D

Edited by Mokong

Yeah that was one of the strongest episodes of the show. I was really surprised the way they cut straight to it in the first episode after the break, there's no messing around here, which makes sense given Vince's comments about leaving no loose ends.

The characters looked incredible - Jessie, Walt and especially Hank. My God, his face at the end in the garage scene - sadness, disbelief, rage, disgust, horror - it was all there visually. It really made me think about the impact of that betrayal after Hank had respected and admired Walt for so long. MAGNITUDE, BITCH! Loved the way Hank closed the garage after Walt had stepped in as well, rather than closing it to hide the evidence. I'm guessing most viewers were expecting a more low-key ending like I was.

Awesome.

Edited by dwarf

I really feel like I'm missing out here having not watched it yet. I hadn't watched any of Season 5 because I wanted to watch it all in one go but obviously I had to cave. Got to episode 2 today, gonna try and finish them all before the new episode next week!

Oh my god! I thought episode 9 was the best episode of the entire series so far, but this topped even that.

I just knew it couldn't end with Jesse leaving town, he's been a bit redundant these past two episodes and it certainly wouldn't have sit right to just see such an important character just fizzle out. So as soon as he "bumped" into Huell, I knew what was coming next and it's great to see so much excellent TV over the past few series pay off so nicely. Absolutely sublime writing.

The scene with Walt's "confession" video was also nicely done, and strangely believable. I was thinking that it would be easy to disprove Walt's allegations, but the medical bills don't look good for Hank.

And you've got to wonder where the stuff with Todd and his uncle is going. Are they the ones who will trash Walt's home, because it really looked more abandoned than burned, so I get the feeling that Walk will stop Jesse before he torches the place.

But who knows? Argghhhh! Such great TV!