NEurope
ReZourceman

Breaking Bad

Even, Peeps. Even.

It was only a matter of time. In a way, I'm kind of relieved to finally have it out of the way.

:sad:

Okay, just watched episode 12 of season 3 (the one before the finale).

When Jesse is about to shoot those two dealers and then Walt runs them over and shoots the one left alive in the head.

Yeah, that was awesome.

Glad you're enjoying it more now.

Series 4 is ridiculously intense, but builds up slowly. I'm hoping for more of the same with series 5.

Noooooooooo! Have to wait another year to see what happens!!

Bit of a shit way for Hank to find out though - kind of careless on Walt's part. It'll be more interesting if Hank plays a cat and mouse game with Walt rather than just confronting him outright. Walt will figure out he's a suspect now - I think he'll outsmart Hank and the ricin will be used on him, perhaps leading to Walt being on the lam as alluded to in the cold opening of the first episode

Yeah amazing.

Hank will definitely play it close to his chest and play it smart.

The fact that we have to wait a year makes me want to burn and die.

What a strange way to end the show.

OH WAIT THEY'RE SAVING HALF THE SEASON FOR NEXT YEAR.

*Bitter*

So I realise that Walt saw how much money he actually had and realised he really didn't need to work anymore (or at least that's how he's playing it, I don't fully believe he'd expand to the Czech Republic and then quit), but it seems like him quitting was really sudden and easy. As I say, I don't believe he really is out but if he is... it's a shit way to do it.

I'm glad that W.W thing came back around but why would Hank suddenly think it was Walter now and not back then?

I'm glad that W.W thing came back around but why would Hank suddenly think it was Walter now and not back then?

Because he found the book in Walter's house? :p

Because he found the book in Walter's house? :p

aaaaaaaaaaah ok I thought it was Hank's house for some reason and he'd kept the book for some reason. That makes total sense now :p

Best show on TV bar none. Such incredible writing and direction. I particularly enjoyed the musical interludes during S05E08. Can't believe we have to wait and entire year to find out what happens...

If it makes you feel better, the next season will probably start in just ten months.

Does that make you feel better?

No?

Vince had to pull a cliffhanger from his arse to mark the season split.

Not bowled over by those 8 episodes.

I think they were 50/50. Four good, four amazing. As a whole, it was awesome, so I'll let it slide.

It cowers in the shadow of season 4.

Edited by dwarf

It cowers in the shadow of season 4.

Are you kidding?! I think these 8 episodes have been spectacular. Yes it started a bit slowly, each season usually does, but they've really hit their stride now. The episode with the train was incredible and it's just got better and better since then. I honestly didn't think they'd be able to top season four (just like they couldn't with Dexter). The dialogue, music and the camera work in particular has been jawdrapping, the charachters have continued to develop in an interesting manner without becoming far-fetched or unbelievable. I really cannot praise this show enough, there simply is nothing else like it on television.

There was an air of mystery to the cartel and its operations in season 4. It was host to a merciless and yet somehow calm and unmoving villain in Gus Fring, who provided constant friction between all of the main characters. The characters' decisions themselves were far more shocking and unexpected and you really felt Walt and Jesse had peaked emotionally, Walt with power/conviction, Jesse with fear and insecurity.

This season has been adequate. The train episode was indeed very entertaining but it most definitely hasn't improved since then. Like I've said, Walt is a mess, and not in the way the writers intended; he's actually been uncharacteristically capricious for the last four or five episodes, his motives and changes in thought don't add up. That doesn't amount to intriguing character development, in fact, it detracts from it.

Saying all this, I do believe the final batch of episodes will be as riveting as the show's ever been. Pivotal information is set to leak everywhere, specifically to Hank and Jesse, and I have no inkling as to how the finale will turn out. But when the last 8 episodes do come round, they'll constitute season 6 in my mind.

Edited by dwarf

Wow at the "finale" what an episode. I do agree with the views that this season has certainly been slowly. Almost low key really, even the end of Episode 7 wasn't as "grand" considering what happened. I certainly side with the people who say this season has nothing on 4 but it's still above and beyond everything on TV. Now I need to find another show to fill the void once again...

Breaking Bad to reunite Bryan Cranston with Malcolm in the Middle star

Jane Kaczmarek has joined the final season of Breaking Bad.

The 57-year-old will be reunited with her Malcolm in the Middle co-star Bryan Cranston, who recently won the 'Best Actor' prize for his role as Walter White in the AMC drama.

Breaking Bad's Hank Schrader actor Dean Norris posted a photo online last week of himself alongside Kaczmarek and Cranston, sparking rumours of the casting.

The actress has since confirmed her involvement on Twitter, posting: "Yes, it's true... I will indeed be on #BreakingBad. Can't wait for you all to see it. Congrats to @BryanCranston for his win tonight."

Kaczmarek and Cranston played Lois and Hal respectively on the Fox comedy Malcolm in the Middle, which ran from 2000-2006.

The final eight episodes of Breaking Bad will air on AMC this summer.

bre.jpg

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s166/breaking-bad/news/a454487/breaking-bad-to-reunite-bryan-cranston-with-malcolm-in-the-middle-star.html

Edited by Dog-amoto