NEurope
ReZourceman

Breaking Bad

Well the only thing I watch on TV is Football and (recently) F1. So the past few years I've been watching House M.D. The show was superb, the comedy, the drama, the character's etc. before House came along I was watching typical 90's kid TV shows. Cartoon Network, Toonami, Fox Kids, Sky 1 & Nickelodeon. So the only real-life-drama kind of show I've ever watched is House, and after finishing it I didn't think I'd see a series that would ever come close to it's epicness (mainly Hugh Laurie).

But now I'm watching this, and it's excellent.

That's a bit like spending your whole life reading nothing but magazines, then reading one book and thinking that nothing will ever compare to it. "I never thought any book could be better than Twilight!" :p

House isn't even that great compared to a lot of other TV shows (not after the first few seasons, anyway), so I'm not surprised you're so impressed by Breaking Bad!

Here are some suggestions for other TV shows you should consider checking out.

Drama:

The Wire

The Sopranos

Six Feet Under

Boardwalk Empire

Mad Men

The Walking Dead

Justified

Battlestar Galactica

Game of Thrones

Drama/comedy:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Firefly

Veronica Mars

Suits

Comedy:

Arrested Development

Community

30 Rock

Parks and Recreation

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Archer

The Venture Bros.

You've missed so much great television, and so much of it is way better than House. :hehe:

Though admittedly not a lot of it is better than Breaking Bad, but the sooner you accept that, the better.

Edited by Magnus

I've just never been that interested in these kind of shows in the first place. I've seen bits and pieces with with other friends/family over the years, but nothing ever caught me. Thanks for recs, I'll try some of them out if I got the time.

Well the only thing I watch on TV is Football and (recently) F1. So the past few years I've been watching House M.D. The show was superb, the comedy, the drama, the character's etc. before House came along I was watching typical 90's kid TV shows. Cartoon Network, Toonami, Fox Kids, Sky 1 & Nickelodeon. So the only real-life-drama kind of show I've ever watched is House, and after finishing it I didn't think I'd see a series that would ever come close to it's epicness (mainly Hugh Laurie).

But now I'm watching this, and it's excellent.

Every single House episode from the first 2 seasons (I got bored and gave up after that):

1) Mysterious illness

2) House takes his pills

3) 2 incorrect diagnosis'

4) 3rd diagnosis is correct.

Opening episode of season 5 was typical Breaking Bad.

Excellent.

"Magnets, bitch!"

Su-fucking-perb. I was thinking this season(s) might be a bit-tie-uppy, but that was just brilliant.

So good.

Ugh.

All of it. Walt is turning into the man. The ending HA. Just. All of it. ALL OF IT.

Yeah, that was great. The entire cast are just fantastic. Kind of surprised they didn't give much more of an idea of where this season is going to be going but there we go, we'll all obviously be watching anyway..

Enjoyed episode 2 - some really tense stuff with Mike. Starting to take shape about where this series is going.

Though I'm still really intrigued about the first scene of the first episode!

Enjoyed episode 2 - some really tense stuff with Mike. Starting to take shape about where this series is going.

Though I'm still really intrigued about the first scene of the first episode!

I love how the show is playing out and each characters motives and emotions at the current moment being drawn out and taking shape. I think though that it could still end up going anyway and lead to the cold open from the first episode (I can't think of a series that has nailed them quite so well)

I love how the show is playing out and each characters motives and emotions at the current moment being drawn out and taking shape. I think though that it could still end up going anyway and lead to the cold open from the first episode (I can't think of a series that has nailed them quite so well)

The best one is undoubtably

Excellent episode

A brilliant way of continuing the cook, without repeating the underground lab thing, which I thought they were going to do at first. I love the tension building between Mike and Walt, especially when counting the money. It's probably going to be Walt's greed that leads to his downfall, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were something different and unexpected. And I'm expecting Todd (the guy who told Walt about the nanny camera) to have an interesting role in the future.

I'm unsure why Jesse wants so much money.

I also really enjoyed that scene. Walt's sarcastic 'oh, it's what you do' made me laugh heartily.

I'm unsure why Jesse wants so much money.

I also really enjoyed that scene. Walt's sarcastic 'oh, it's what you do' made me laugh heartily.

He doesn't seem to be too bothered about the money. He even offered to pay Walt's share of the hazard pay and was trying to placate Walt about there being less money due to less product. If you mean he could just walk away with the money he has, I suppose it's just what he's become accustomed to. Why come this far and not go all the way I suppose?

I just started watching this series but having seen now the first four episodes of season 1, I just don't feel it that much. Sure, I want to find out what happens and (perhaps most importantly) how the hell this series can be five seasons long, but it isn't urgent and I feel no real desire to watch the next episodes. The production value is high though and the cast is good but.. well... it's just not doing it for me.

You really need to give it more than four episodes. It takes a while for the plot to really get going.

I didn't really shine to Jesse in the first season but his relationship with Walt develops nicely. There's way too much Walt Jr and general family bullshit in the first two seasons but the adrenaline really ramps up from season 3 onwards.

Yeah, it takes a while to get going but eventually gets exciting. It's very enjoyable now but I took a break around the end of season 3 because I just got too lazy to watch it.

Another great episode. Am loving how slow burning this series has been so far and you just know it's getting ready to punch you in the stomach.

Walt will kill a family member who gets too close to the truth and makes it look like an accident. I reckon it'll be Marie. They're already positioning Walt to be someone the audience eventually hates and he needs to do something even more deplorable than poisoning Brock to push him over the edge.

Interesting theory, I could see it.

I don't like how.....questionable Walt is becoming. In a good way. That this show (like many other good shows) makes you love a "villain" kind of. Ugh. Just. So. Fucking. Good.

It's intense. Constantly piling on the drama. And it looks like the annoying Skyler is set to disappear soon in some form (don't mistake that for a spoiler).

Knew that kid was going to get it once they started plotting the train heist. Thought Walt's arrogance and recklessness was going to mess everything up as well. Just amazing, shame there's only 3 left then we'll have to wait till next year

:(