Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Eurogamer

nightwolf

I'm sure there's a thread about the eurogamer expo 2010 somewhere, but this is more personal than who is going.

I asked to volunteer in May and received some details today, if I get onto this list I can go, but I have no idea about how to get there, what hotel to stay in and how to get around..

I need a cheap hotel for two nights so I can work saturday or sunday!

Help? :weep:

Its right near Hyde park actually, few roads over, which is why I thought I'd ask you lot given most of you go there for the meets!

I don't know many people in london I could stay with, that's the problem, I'm not fussed staying in a hotel, it's more just some of them are real expensive.

Cube - thanks, I'll have a look through :)

edit: Apparently there's a place called the boka hotel on the same road as the expo, single bed is £50 I believe, hmm, interesting!

I was thinking of going to the Expo this year and were I to do so I'd be staying in a place my aunt rents out. I'll have to check with her first as I know she was thinking of selling it, but assuming things work out you'd be welcome to crash in one of the spare beds for a couple of days.

The bit you'd be staying in is a converted garage which my aunt uses when she has to see clients in London, so it's comfortable enough but naturally not as lavish as the rented rooms. The building itself is about 5 minutes walk from Victoria tube station, which in turn is about a 15 minute ride to West Brompton station, the Expo being a couple of minutes walk from there going off the map.

I'll give my aunt a ring tonight to check she'll still own the place and no one else is staying over that weekend, but if the schedule's clear it'll be a free alternative to a hotel that's still pretty convenient.

I was thinking of going to the Expo this year and were I to do so I'd be staying in a place my aunt rents out. I'll have to check with her first as I know she was thinking of selling it, but assuming things work out you'd be welcome to crash in one of the spare beds for a couple of days.

The bit you'd be staying in is a converted garage which my aunt uses when she has to see clients in London, so it's comfortable enough but naturally not as lavish as the rented rooms. The building itself is about 5 minutes walk from Victoria tube station, which in turn is about a 15 minute ride to West Brompton station, the Expo being a couple of minutes walk from there going off the map.

I'll give my aunt a ring tonight to check she'll still own the place and no one else is staying over that weekend, but if the schedule's clear it'll be a free alternative to a hotel that's still pretty convenient.

Awesome, aimless you legend, I could really use a guide and a place to stay, so that'd be great! Plus I get to meet you :awesome:

I'd hold off handing me a Guide badge: I know how to get to the nearest station, where to buy sandwiches and the location of the nearest Wagamama. That's pretty much all I've ever needed.

Anyway, I've left my aunt a message so I'll see when she gets back to me.

I'd hold off handing me a Guide badge: I know how to get to the nearest station, where to buy sandwiches and the location of the nearest Wagamama. That's pretty much all I've ever needed.

Anyway, I've left my aunt a message so I'll see when she gets back to me.

Well if you come with me we can figure it out, I'm not any help at all as I've never been to london.

Is she near a train station?

Is she near a train station?

Victoria is the closest railway station; the tube's underneath it, the coach station a couple of minutes walk away.

London's a really easy place to navigate even if you don't know what you're doing, to be honest. The tube system compartmentalises everything so it's pretty much impossible to get lost.

Victoria is the closest railway station; the tube's underneath it, the coach station a couple of minutes walk away.

London's a really easy place to navigate even if you don't know what you're doing, to be honest. The tube system compartmentalises everything so it's pretty much impossible to get lost.

Haha worst comes to it I ask for directions.

But yes hopefully that place is free, can it be free from friday til sunday? I'm not sure which day to pick tbh, each day starts at 9:30am, but I'm pretty sure saturday will be the biggest day for volunteers. So maybe sunday is better..

But yes hopefully that place is free, can it be free from friday til sunday? I'm not sure which day to pick tbh, each day starts at 9:30am, but I'm pretty sure saturday will be the biggest day for volunteers. So maybe sunday is better..

If it's available at all a couple of days either way shouldn't make a difference. In my message I said some point Friday-Monday, as I thought you might not want to leave Sunday night if you were volunteering that day.

I haven't bought my tickets yet. I was thinking of going to two days — not necessarily for the duration — but as there isn't a strict schedule for the developer sessions I'm not sure which days would be best. In other words I can structure my timing around yours, so don't worry about that.

If only we had some kind of private messaging function on these boards.... ;)

I thought you were all about the needless separate threads these days?

Anyway, who else is going and is a mini N-E meet in order? I couldn't go to the proper one due to money issues, but I'm sure there must be a few people from here going to the Expo anyway. It would be a shame to miss out on such an opportune chance for group awkwardness.

Is anyone else going to eurogamer this year? Anybody else who has tried to volunteer?

If only we had some kind of private messaging function on these boards.... ;)

Oh look! :p

Being a smartass doesn't get me anywhere does it?

Tphi is going? I don't think I'd be able to recognise them! I'm sure people said they saw me last year, so if I volunteer I'll make sure to keep an eye out.

Oh look! :p

Being a smartass doesn't get me anywhere does it?

Tphi is going? I don't think I'd be able to recognise them! I'm sure people said they saw me last year, so if I volunteer I'll make sure to keep an eye out.

Tphi'll be working as he now works for Eurogamer.

I thought you were all about the needless separate threads these days?
Me? N-Europe staff is not a hive-mind.

And I only meant the exchange of eight messages between two people, not the thread as a whole.

And it was just a joke... sheesh. Some people ::shrug: