N-Europe

Futurama

Dante

New series? =O

As in actual new episodes, not just the films they made etc?

Mannn, I haven't even been able to watch all of the original episodes yet due to tv sucking here. =(

*needs to save up for those box sets*

New series? =O

As in actual new episodes, not just the films they made etc?

Mannn, I haven't even been able to watch all of the original episodes yet due to tv sucking here. =(

*needs to save up for those box sets*

Yep, as in new episodes and it upto episode five since last week. :)

Hint: type Futurama and episodes as one word in Google. :p

Edited by Dante

Watched a few. Good as ever, though I've only seen the ones that io9 told me were worth watching..

Also, I've always wondered, is it wrong that I find Leela / Amy hot?

...at least your not a robosexual. :p

I've obviously watched everything Futurama has lapped up being a massive cartoon whore.

I'm pleased, they feel slightly odd but overall I'm still pleased that new episodes are on my screen. I don't find it as funny "yet" and I think they need to un focus on cultural references and go back to heart warming spectacles that they do so well.

The stories are still very interesting. :D

The movies were a bit dodgy though at least Benders games was. :)

Yeah, I've been watching the new series. The movies were good but seemed to be missing some of the heart the earlier episodes had and these new episodes seem to be replicating the humour fairly well, just need to inject some emotion into the stories and I'll be hooked again.

I'm glad it's back. There's very little else to watch this time of year.

• 3 weeks later...

The last few episodes have been awesome. Lethal Inspection and The Late Philip J. Fry were great story episodes with a good amount of emotion in them. That Darn Katz! was pure genius - it was a daft plot, but the were loads of great jokes.

The robot with the wheel where it spins and shouts out stuff like "The cow says...Moo".

Someone asks "yay or neigh"

- Most people say neigh

Dr Animal Spinner Thingie: The Horse Says...Doctorate Denied!

I probably laughed at the "Get to your posts" joke a lot more than I should have done, too.

The cat can-can was a bit too Family Guy.

For pure comedy, this is probably my favourite Futurama episode (overall, it probably isn't a great one though). It probably also falls flat on it's face for non-cat lovers, too.

There have also been a few unusual-but-great character pairings this episode.

• 10 months later...

It's back again! The two episodes were enjoyable, but the main focus seems to switch a bit too much. The Mini-Benders are extremely awesome.

Although, disturbingly, the animators like drawing more and more disgusting images:

futurama_eww1.jpg

futurama_eww2.jpg

The Karadshian reference amused me, mostly because I keep seeing the print advert around.

Wish they kept Scruffy as a woman. Would have been an amusing bit of continuity.

Didn't realise it had been renewed for several seasons. Apparently all the way until 2013.

Edited by Ashley

• 2 weeks later...