N-Europe

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

MATtheHAT

Are you actually making kills though?

'cos if you're not.... well they are called "Man-hunt" and "Assassin's Creed" for a reason :p

I can think of a few different game modes that they could put into the multiplayer which are non-killing based. Similar to the idea that I had for Mirror's Edge multiplayer.

Well no shit. I mean the half in Manhunt when you are being hunted.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its hide and kill the other guy, not hide for 10 minutes.

From little I have played over at a friends house, I really like the multiplayer.

It's intense and highly rewards being stealthy and careful.

As an example, I watched my friend dominate the list with and had close to 10 kills less then the people running around like lunatics stabbing people at the first chance they get.

Just by playing it cool and being careful.

So you have to stun them in return to really hit the big points? Well...it's a bit of a lamer mode than I thought. In fact all the modes are pretty unadventurous. Shame.

Not that it's bad, it's great. It should have been better. They should had implemented a cat'n'mouse mode like in PGR.

So you have to stun them in return to really hit the big points? Well...it's a bit of a lamer mode than I thought. In fact all the modes are pretty unadventurous. Shame.

Not that it's bad, it's great. It should have been better. They should had implemented a cat'n'mouse mode like in PGR.

It's not perfect in any degree, I was expecting something much more stealthier.

As in, killing in public should not be so casual for the NPC's (hilariouslty though, throwing firecrackers puts them in a state of panic) and as extravagant.

I'm pretty excited about getting this. I really can't afford it at the moment, but I waited for a while on AC2 and got it for £9.99 a few months ago, and it was an epic deal. One of my favourite games of all time I think. If I don't get it for christmas I'll wait until it drops a little then snap it up.

If you use quidco, you can get £5 off on that greatmagazines site making the game basically £15 plus the magazines.

And if you cancel your direct debit through the bank, there's nothing they can do to forcibly charge you.

Ignoring the nice quidco bit, you're saying that when they take the money off me for the six months and I get the game I can cancel the direct debit and get away with it?

Ignoring the nice quidco bit, you're saying that when they take the money off me for the six months and I get the game I can cancel the direct debit and get away with it?

Yeah pretty much. They can't take money out of your account if you cancel the direct debit. This was actually the deal posted on hotukdeals a few days ago but because someone pointed out the 12 months minimum I didn't post it in here. But a few people said that they did a similar thing last year and got a free game, then just cancelled the direct debit and nobody chased them up about it. The worst they can do it send a letter I think.

Yeah pretty much. They can't take money out of your account if you cancel the direct debit. This was actually the deal posted on hotukdeals a few days ago but because someone pointed out the 12 months minimum I didn't post it in here. But a few people said that they did a similar thing last year and got a free game, then just cancelled the direct debit and nobody chased them up about it. The worst they can do it send a letter I think.

the worst they can do is send you a letter demanding the money which could come months down the line! If you've signed up to a 12 month minimum contract

Anyway I only recently finished the 1st game and gonna start the 2nd this weekend then like a ton of other games pick this up in the new year...don't wanna fall too far behind with the franchise as sounds like theres more coming next year:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-26-another-big-creed-game-in-2011-ubi

Ubisoft has aired plans to release "another big Assassin's Creed game" in 2011.

Publisher boss Yves Guillemot said earlier this month there will be "something around Assassin's [next year]" and now chief European marketeer Geoffroy Sardin has gone one step further.

"Yes, Yves [Guillemot, Ubisoft CEO] mentioned it last week in our financials – and more details will be forthcoming. But what I can say is that next year we will have another big Assassin's Creed game," Sardin told MCV.

Having already spun the story of Assassin's Creed II into the acclaimed Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, we can only assume this "big" new game will be Assassin's Creed III.

News of yet another instalment comes after Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood sold more than 1 million copies in less than a week here in Europe. Brotherhood was denied a UK all-formats chart top spot on its first week of release by Call of Duty: Black Ops. US sales figures aren't known.

To date, the Assassin's Creed series has sold 20 million copies for Ubisoft - it's the publisher's biggest brand.

But we had heard in July that Ubisoft wouldn't "plough" the Assassin's Creed field every year. "Once every three years – or once every something – you have to let it breathe," Ubisoft Montreal's Jean-Francois Boivin told Eurogamer. "You have to let the minerals back in. I think it's the same thing with any license, really

ACIII will be a new setting but I'm not sure they'll go backwards in time. The French Revolution is looking like the most likely next step at the moment, although I have my doubts.

On the one hand I don't want them to rush another game out for next year, but on the other they've done a damn good job with Brotherhood and I really want to see where the story goes next, so...

There's nothing stopping Ubisoft from exploring those avenues, but I'm not sure they'd want to extend the Desmond story past one or two more games. Obviously this is just guesswork on my part, but I think they'll try to wrap up his narrative arc this generation, starting something new for the next round of hardware.

As a base concept the series can theoretically go and go without getting stale; they've the whole of history, and even mythology, to draw from.

There's nothing stopping Ubisoft from exploring those avenues, but I'm not sure they'd want to extend the Desmond story past one or two more games. Obviously this is just guesswork on my part, but I think they'll try to wrap up his narrative arc this generation, starting something new for the next round of hardware.

As a base concept the series can theoretically go and go without getting stale; they've the whole of history, and even mythology, to draw from.

yeah I mean once they have wrapped up Desmond's story whats to say they couldn't go with a new character set way back when again or whatever....

Started 2 tonight enjoying it so far...its another game I've managed to stay spoiler free for completely....so yeah first impressions like that Ezio is actually a character and not just a cipher for Desmond like Altair was, gives him more purpose and motive within the world. Also very intrigued as to how much stuff will happen in the future and quite how far the bleeding will effect what Desmond can do....funny I'm so behind the curve lol...

ACIII will be a new setting but I'm not sure they'll go backwards in time. The French Revolution is looking like the most likely next step at the moment, although I have my doubts.

I'm happy with the French Revolution as long as they don't start being stupid with it. As soon as we have stupid shit like Napoleon being a Templar and Arthur Wellesley being an Assassin I think I'll give up on the series, just a shitty black and white view for such a colourful period of history.

I'd still like to see them remake London circa 1890 though. Perching on Tower Bridge, looking out across the Thames would be absolutely awesome. Maybe too difficult/large in scope for Assassin's Creed III but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

I'm happy with the French Revolution as long as they don't start being stupid with it. As soon as we have stupid shit like Napoleon being a Templar and Arthur Wellesley being an Assassin I think I'll give up on the series, just a shitty black and white view for such a colourful period of history.

I'd still like to see them remake London circa 1890 though. Perching on Tower Bridge, looking out across the Thames would be absolutely awesome. Maybe too difficult/large in scope for Assassin's Creed III but I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

Yeah agreed London would be awesome. Your right though they do need to make sure they rein the templar stuff and not turn it into something dumb and over the top.

The shop quests are confusing me. Earlier there was a sword called 'faith' which I did not have the parts for. When I found the parts, 'faith' disappeared from the menu along with the whole 'shop quests' section, and the captains sword appeared, which I bought.

Later a couple of other things appeared in shop quests, prompting that sub menu to return, and faith was on the list. I was able to exchange my parts, but I didn't gain any new weapon.

Flaw in the system, or am I missing something?

The job belongs to a certain shop. Look for a shop with a square around it or go to the map and press square to only highlight the shops with jobs. They're probably on the island with the headquarter anyway.

You should gain the weapon automatically. Go to your headquarters to find it.

As soon as we have stupid shit like Napoleon being a Templar and Arthur Wellesley being an Assassin I think I'll give up on the series, just a shitty black and white view for such a colourful period of history.

I can't speak to his factional leanings, but according to The Truth puzzles in ACII Napoleon was one of many throughout history to possess an Apple of Eden.

It has to be said I much preferred the first game's more ambiguous moral stance. The death speeches might not have made much sense from a practical standpoint, but I liked that it gave your targets a chance to explain themselves. It was often the case that the Templars were doing the wrong thing for the right reasons, or had at least convinced themselves they were being pragmatic, whereas your nemesis in Brotherhood is basically just a manipulative cock. Not to say he isn't effective as a villain, I just preferred the way the original AC attempted to broaden people's perspectives a bit.