Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Emergency Budget

Ashley

I didn't say cause, I said fuelled.

The way you're speaking is making it seem that the recession wouldn't have happened without the media. I think that's naive.

There is a lot more important causes of the recession which you are ignoring to shift blame on the media. It doesn't have that big of an effect on people's spending, and if it does it is because it is reporting the news, not because it is spinning it in any way.

Wait.....are people in public sector under 21K getting only a maximum payrise of £250 over two years? Thats massively suck.

It sucks yes, but we've all got to take the pinch to bring the country back out of debt.

At least the Tories did one good thing, no rise on Alcohol (yet). Cheap prices remain still.

I look at the Budget, it does pinch in places and relieves in others. We've got to take the pain, it is needed for Britain.

Claires been at the council for three years. Four years in March. She's 21 and her current wage is £14,00 and she works her arse off. She needs to quit. I keep telling her this, but this is the nail in the coffin. We can't move out on that wage.

Anyway we might move away from shitty Aylesbury for the lulz.

A pay freeze does suck for public sector workers ... but in the private sector I had a pay freeze. I know loads of other people that had pay freezes or even a pay reduction. It's just the way that jobs are at the moment. I think the public sector should reflect that.

Just think though. If Labour were still in, despite their current protests (a way of saving face), the VAT rise would likely be higher, they'd have raised duty on everything and done even more cuts

And we'd probably be in even more debt. Labour probably would have raised the VAT with immediate effect, instead of the 6 month warning the Tories have given us.

A pay freeze does suck for public sector workers ... but in the private sector I had a pay freeze. I know loads of other people that had pay freezes or even a pay reduction. It's just the way that jobs are at the moment. I think the public sector should reflect that.

Couldn't agree more, if it saves Britain from a fate of bankrupcy then i am for the idea completly.

I'm actually quite pleased with how the Budget turned out under the Tories. Under Labour instead of making cuts they just put more tax on things like alcohol and petrol. 2 things which I buy a lot of. Now, according to the BBC, I'm going to be around £230 better off each year although this obviously isn't taking into account the VAT rise.

I'm actually quite pleased with how the Budget turned out under the Tories. Under Labour instead of making cuts they just put more tax on things like alcohol and petrol. 2 things which I buy a lot of. Now, according to the BBC, I'm going to be around £230 better off each year although this obviously isn't taking into account the VAT rise.

The thing about the VAT rise is that we'll barely notice it at all

The thing about the VAT rise is that we'll barely notice it at all

Yeah at the time of purchase you won't really notice it although it will add up over a year. Even just paying, (what was it Odwin said?) 1p or so more in the pound will be quite a lot in a year. Obviously depending on how much your average expenditure is. If you spend £500 a month which is very easily done that's an extra £5 a month, or £60 a year.

Yeah at the time of purchase you won't really notice it although it will add up over a year. Even just paying, (what was it Odwin said?) 1p or so more in the pound will be quite a lot in a year. Obviously depending on how much your average expenditure is. If you spend £500 a month which is very easily done that's an extra £5 a month, or £60 a year.

It will really make such little difference. Many purchases are rounded to .99 anyway. Most games that you get on sale are typically around the same range, or seem to be getting cheaper and cheaper these days. Travel will go up, but it always does anyway. And even then, bus prices tend to stay at the same price for a while then periodically go up by 20p or something. In short, it should hardly matter.

Overall I thought it was okay...

As for the gaming tax... well, to be honest it would only help the big companies already in the UK.

Where as the deals on non-London (and South and East) businesses not having to pay a portion of NI.

As well as the reduced rates...

Actually combine to make a better deal for new gaming companies...

Overall I thought it was okay...

As for the gaming tax... well, to be honest it would only help the big companies already in the UK.

Where as the deals on non-London (and South and East) businesses not having to pay a portion of NI.

As well as the reduced rates...

Actually combine to make a better deal for new gaming companies...

Tax breaks helps small companies set up dude!