Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Man City or Bolton to lift the cup, preferably the latter. (Sorry to rule out Reading who would be top pick, but I doubt they can play three cup finals consecutively).

I think Arsenal fans opinion of Bolton is changing, use to be a bit of tension during the Fat Sam years. But now Coyle has got them playing and Stoke & Pulis have completely over shadowed them in terms of scum and rugby tactics.

I thought the game yesterday was a good one. The twins looked brilliant, maybe they should be tried in midfield more often! I did fear for that midfield at first, especially central midfield. But, overall I think we did enough.

Arsenal had a lot of chances. Van Der Sar won us that game. And yeah, I agree Ramar, Paul Scholes probably did escape getting sent off (both of the incidents were worth two yellows).

City, eh? Should be a good one.

After United, I'd like Bolton to win it. They're good to watch and I don't really like the other two teams. Especially not City.

it's all about money, the FA need to recoup the money spent building the stadium by having as many matches there as possible

But they did them at the old Wembley a few times before they knocked it down. I went to the semi final there against Villa in 2000

Edited by Dog-amoto

But they did them at the old Wembley a few times before they knocked it down. I went to the semi final there against Villa in 2000

Are you sure?

The old Wembley closed in October 2000, with demolition originally intended for that December and the new stadium due to open in 2003.

Source.

Edit- Hold my hands I was wrong, bloody wiki

2000 FA Cup breakdown

Regarding goalkeepers; Van Der Sar has aided Man U not only with shot-stopping but with great ball dispersal, leading to lots of non-factually-backed-up goals. The side's been quite stingy with spending for a few years - with VDS retiring at the end of the season, what do you think they're going to do?

I'd love to see crazy Jens back. Dunno if he'll play or not but he'll have a good influence on the team.

Whether he'll get on with Almunia or not is another matter....

Apparently quotes coming from Lehmann have said the rivalry with Almunia was 3 years ago and he understands he'll be on the bench. Hopefully (should he actually sign) he can pass on some valuable knowledge and give the team a boost. I'm sure even James Shea will be pleased to have such a highly regarded and successful keeper around the club even if he does take his spot on the bench.

Regarding goalkeepers; Van Der Sar has aided Man U not only with shot-stopping but with great ball dispersal, leading to lots of non-factually-backed-up goals. The side's been quite stingy with spending for a few years - with VDS retiring at the end of the season, what do you think they're going to do?

I think they've got a shopping list with three names on it Neuer, Stekelenburg and Reina. The first two being the more likely.

Van Der Sar is so bluddy cool. The guy never panics, and that stops the back four from panicking. Schmeichel was a great shot-stopper and commander, but Van Der Sar is a great keeper in a different way. He's very reliable.

Ramar's post is correct. Don't forget we also have Lindergaard. Also, Buffon is being rumoured at, as well.

As for tonight: Chicharito is God-like. Very hard not to like the boy. 16 goals this season already, wow.

I think they've got a shopping list with three names on it Neuer, Stekelenburg and Reina. The first two being the more likely.

Allan McGregor should really be added to that list. He's a great keeper and will come cheap as Rangers are in dire need of the money at the moment. He's never let them down and is a great shot stopper.

Allan McGregor should really be added to that list. He's a great keeper and will come cheap as Rangers are in dire need of the money at the moment. He's never let them down and is a great shot stopper.

He comes across as a bit of a nob and behaved appallingly whilst on international duty, don't think that'll go down well with Fergie.

He comes across as a bit of a nob and behaved appallingly whilst on international duty, don't think that'll go down well with Fergie.

I totally understand what you're saying but that was coming up 3 years ago now and he was young at the time. He's now back in the Scotland squad and has been behaving well.

He's taken the number 1 jersey away from Craig Gordon, and rightly so, as I think he is the better keeper.

He was a total nob making the V sign during a match and being caught on camera but the only reason Burley was pissed off that they were drinking all the night was because he didn't get invited. :laughing:

Fergie banned for 5 matches, 3 for comments made about Atkinson during the Chelsea game and 2 for a suspended sentence. As fergie bound to appeal how many game do you think he will actually miss. my answer is 0!!

I thought he already had and this was the outcome of the appeal?

From the BBC

The three-man panel also fined the 69-year-old manager £30,000.

The reasons for the decision will be sent to Ferguson in the next 24 hours and he then has 48 hours to decide if he wants to appeal. This is why the sanction does not start until after Saturday's home league game against Bolton Wanderers.

Should he accept the punishment, the Old Trafford boss will have to watch the Premier League games against West Ham, Fulham, Everton and Arsenal from the stands, as well as the semi-final against local rivals City at Wembley.

How shite was the Chelsea game tonight, bastards ruined my £1 double on them and Madrid, I'd have a tidy return of £1.71...

In other news Fulham are putting a statue of Michael Jackson outside their ground. What a joke.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!