N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obertan and Bebe, both got lots of potential..

I can't say I agree with that.. both looked shocking ::shrug: Bébé, in particular, gave one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Premier League player..

Crawley Town did very well but they really annoyed me at the end of the game. Why did they mess around so long with the free kick at the death..? They could maybe have had one more chance but with the amount of time it took them to get the keeper out to hit it and for him to get the ball so perfectly and precisely placed on the ground, the referee had to blow ad the opportunity to launch it into the box was wasted..

Edited by nekunando

Crawley clearly had no set piece skills whatsoever - something that could've won them the game!

Man U's team were shocking. but it must still be annoying to a lower league side to see that the prem teams have practically a full squad of reserves that are still better than them.

Would've loved to have seen an equaliser though. I think Crawley played fantastically, with heart right 'til 30 seconds before teh end when they seemed to have forgotten they were playing football.

I can't say I agree with that.. both looked shocking ::shrug: Bébé, in particular, gave one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Premier League player..

Did you not read the rest of my sentence?? :wtf:

I agree both were shocking. In previous reserve matches I've seen plus the odd league appearence for Obertan, both look like they have the potential to be good wingers.

I think they blew their chances with that game though.

Did you not read the rest of my sentence?? :wtf:

I agree both were shocking. In previous reserve matches I've seen plus the odd league appearence for Obertan, both look like they have the potential to be good wingers.

I think they blew their chances with that game though.

If you've seen potential in other games, then I can't argue with that :heh: I know you said they were both poor yesterday but I was only disputing that you said they have lots of potential.. which I don't think is the case :indeed:

Chances are you've seen them play more often than me, though, so you're likely to have a more justified opinion than I :heh:

Bebe is extremely "raw." Not refined in any way whatsoever. The guy should be in the reserves and getting the basics right first. Obertan is very hit and miss. He looks good in the reserves but in the first team he can't cut it yet.

I missed the game yesterday, as I was travelling to see the woman. The problem with these sorts of games is that unless you thrash Crawley something daft like 5-0, you aren't going to satisfy many people. I'd rather play a Premiership team than a team lower down...because they're the truely dangerous ones. They're the ones with nothing to lose but everything to gain. So, they won't hold back. Crawley did themselves proud by the sound of things.

Typical Arsenal second team performance this season!

Why don't we like to make it easy for ourselves?

The second team just doesn't want to put enough effort into it, players like Bendtner who want first team football just don't put the effort in when given their chance to prove themselves and it just makes things difficult, but hey give them the replay and leave the best 11 for other important endeavours.

I don't really have a problem with Bendtner. He usually tries and does score occasionally when he comes in.

It's Squillaci and Denilson (and Almunia, I had no problem with him really when he was playing every match but now his head is not in it at all) that worry me the most.

Miquel did pretty well for his debut though.

I wonder if they'll be charging full price for the replay, there's no chance it will sell out otherwise in 10 days.

I don't really have a problem with Bendtner. He usually tries and does score occasionally when he comes in.

It's Squillaci and Denilson (and Almunia, I had no problem with him really when he was playing every match but now his head is not in it at all) that worry me the most.

Miquel did pretty well for his debut though.

I wonder if they'll be charging full price for the replay, there's no chance it will sell out otherwise in 10 days.

Today the second team had their tails down and weren't playing like they could for whatever reason. I wish we had a second string that could least hold out for a result this season. But we can look at it this way, it gives the second team some more playing time.

My wallet could do with it being a cheap one, unless both clubs agree it won't happen. And I guess Orient will want a good gate receipt.

I listened to the game on radio today, seemed like we played average and Orient took their chance. Didn't want a replay, but thats the cup for you.

Yeah I think I'll be going. Hate sitting in the upper tier, North Bank Block 5/6 is the place to be.

Might wait til Wednesday to get a ticket though and take a friend along with me. Or just ask my mum to send me her membership so I can buy two tomorrow!

Can't believe we lost 3-1... Could have gone above Man City and 5 points clear of Chelsea and we blew it! Watched the game, we absolutely dominated them ,a couple cleared off the line, hit the wood work, had some clear efforts but just couldn't put it away. That's what happens when you go 2 transfer windows without getting a decent striker in (EASILY our wekaest area). Completely dominated tonight, but couldn't do it. Oh well, at least some of our many injuries will be back for Wolves away next game!

Well at least we stopped Copenhagen's undefeated Champions League home record!

Saw first half before internet (to watch sky on) completely fooked up. Torres missed a few good chances. When will that boy score?

He's only played 3 matches. Everyone seems to be making him out to be the Messiah or something. He's had a shocking season so far; why would that change when he came to a club which has had an equally poor season?

And while we're on the subject... £50m for Torres, £35m for Villa. I know who I'd prefer in my team.