Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracking win by the lads yesterday. Crazy to think where we'd be in the league if we hadn't thrown away point against the likes of Blackpool and Wigan.

I think I'm in love with Gareth Bale. All the superlatives I can think of do not do him justice at the moment. Waited so long for nights like this!

2010-11-04.jpg

Didn't say it yesterday, but Newcastle were a credit to themselves. They played their game well and defended impressively.

The fans are good bunch too, which is nice to see.

Here's an excellent article about how we approached the game. Tiote's 98% pass success rate is quite a stat.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/11/08/newcastle-arsenal-tactics/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9168655.stm

Celtic aim to ban those found responsible for a giant anti-poppy banner displayed at the weekend.

The protest unveiled on Saturday read: "Your deeds would shame all the devils in Hell. Ireland, Iraq, Afghanistan. No bloodstained poppy on our Hoops."

capturevij.jpg

Their proofreader must have been banned from the stadium already

Decent win for us tonight, even if we did play poorly. Apparently Fabianski made a few decent saves so MotD might be worth checking later.

Though scoring so early and being on the defensive for most of the game did not do my heart any favours.

Losing 2 -1 at home to Blackburn, with Allerdyce in charge. That's just horrible. Fair play to Blackburn, they beat us fair and square.

Now, why can't we win consistently at home, guys?

EDIT:

Oh, and I see Barton is banned. Good move by the FA, he lashed out and deserved punishment as the incident was not seen by the ref.

No, for the love of god, why had De Jong STILL not been banned, hm?

Edited by Iun

De Jong wasn't banned because the referee saw the incident and decided it wasn't a foul.

And FIFA (in their infinite wisdom) have said you can only use TV evidence for something the ref hasn't seen

(assuming you're talking about the Ben Arfa leg break)

De Jong wasn't banned because the referee saw the incident and decided it wasn't a foul.

And FIFA (in their infinite wisdom) have said you can only use TV evidence for something the ref hasn't seen

He's talking about Joey Barton punching Gamst Pederson in the chest.

The referee, is a wanker. FIFA need the sh*t kicking out of them.

He's talking about Joey Barton punching Gamst Pederson in the chest.

I was talking about both incidents, mizari - Half point.

Mcoy was enjoying the Norwich Reeding match until the referee made a very bad red card call which really messed us up for the second half.

Mcoy hates it when one awful decision costs you the match.

Edit: Mcoy thinks we were lucky to come out with a point in that match.

Edited by Brian Mcoy

Mcoy is a Norwich man? Good stuff.

Going to the East Anglia derby later in the month, my old man is a Norwich supporter.

Edit- Just seen Holt's sending off, never a red. He pulls out of the challenge and in the end they just bump knees. Hopefully they'll appeal it.

Edited by Ramar

That wasn't Chelsea vs Sunderland today, it was Chelsea vs Spainderland!

We were completely outplayed, I've not seen us be outplayed like that for ages... not at The Bridge! Well done Sunderland, we were well and truly beaten... badly beaten!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!