Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite the result, I think we can take heart out of this performance. We threatened time and again but lacked the clinical finish a winning side needs. I think apart from that we can win the league in the next 2 or 3 years.

Lol. Just lol.

You can't win the Premier League when you're in the Championship mate.

Karl Henry up to old tricks.

How many dangerous tackles does he need to be involved in before he learns that he's a twat.

I can't stand that man. Horrible tackle.

Also, to the Newcastle fans, I hope Ben Arfa is ok. Again, another horrible tackle. Can't believe De Jong stayed on the field after that.

I was pissed off with the performance yesterday. Not the result, the actual team performance. Sunderland were the opposite of us, they harried, closed down time and time again, worked the ball a lot quicker and threaded in some nice balls into the box. On the other hand, United created fuck all in the first half. Owen and Macheda just didn't work up front together, there was no pace.

Which brings us to another point, why drop Berbatov to the bench when he's the in-form player? Hernandez scored in midweek and looked great, so why not start him? Owen scored last week off the bench...so, maybe that's where he should have started. If Berba and Hernandez were on from the start, it possibly might have given us a bit more threat upfront.

The plus side is that Rio is back, Anderson had a decent return game (league) and Vidic looked almost unbeatable. So, that was good.

Seeing Liverpool lose at home to Blackpool made my day today, though. They're not even the best "Pool" in the league now. :heh: I'm on facebook and loving all these scouse tears. ;)

from what I saw of the Chelsea - Arsenal game it was a lot closer than both of last years fixtures, the only difference between the two sides today being that Chelsea took their chances and Arsenal couldn't make their possession count

So yeah, being at Bridge today was pretty good fun. Both sides had their chances, although neither made too many great chances. Can't believe Anelka didn't make Arsenal pay for their poor defending. Missing an open goal :o

Alex's goal looked amazing from where we were watching. I disagree with MOTD2's comments about Ramires. He didn't look THAT good to me. Kept losing the ball!

Shit. All of it.

This has become all too common in recent times :hmm: That result against Blackpool didn't surprise me one bit yesterday.. I actually expected it :hmm:

Didn't they say on Match of the Day 2 last night that the odds of Liverpool winning the league were 100-1 and the odds of going down were 18-1? :eek:

A lot of people have been waiting almost a year for us to "turn the corner" but, to be honest, I'm not sure if there is a corner to turn..

Can they not see what they have done, and continue to do while they stay as owners? Can't they see that they are ruined our club. They get an escape route, and they still refuse to take it. Well, Hicks won't, not sure about Gillett. Even Man United fans will probably understand our feelings, as they are in a similar situation with the Glazers.

at least Man Utd have won some trophies under the Glazers! ;)

They'd be 5 times more fucked if the Glazers pulled out or if they failed to meet their debt payments.

Hopefully when UEFA's Financial Fair Play ruling comes into effect poorly run clubs will get their act together hopefully then we'll see more parity along with a reduction in player costs and wages.

Scotland squad for tonight...

McGregor - pleased about that, Gordon hasn't played for ages and McGregor hasn't done anything wrong

Hutton, McManus, Weird, Whittaker - as expected. McManus is a diddy though and was at fault for Lichtenstein's goal. Need a good performance by him. Hopefully Hutton will turn up tonight

Morrison, Fletcher, Caldwell, Dorrans, Naismith - very pleased with the midfield other than Caldwell. Brown being injured is the best thing to happen to us. He just runs about hacking people. Glad to see Dorrans is finally getting his chance in the squad.

Mackie - eh? Miller's been scoring goals for fun in the SPL and got a goal against Lichtenstein. Mackie is unproven at International level. Its Iwelumo all over again. The only reason Miller isn't playing is because the SFA's sister team, Rangers, don't want to risk him getting injured and miss the Old Firm next weekend.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the squad. Caldwell's inclusion is a dodgy one, he always puts in a shift for Scotland but hasn't touched a ball for Wigan this season. Miller's exclusion is just downright wrong.

Scotland squad for tonight...

McGregor - pleased about that, Gordon hasn't played for ages and McGregor hasn't done anything wrong

Hutton, McManus, Weird, Whittaker - as expected. McManus is a diddy though and was at fault for Lichtenstein's goal. Need a good performance by him. Hopefully Hutton will turn up tonight

Morrison, Fletcher, Caldwell, Dorrans, Naismith - very pleased with the midfield other than Caldwell. Brown being injured is the best thing to happen to us. He just runs about hacking people. Glad to see Dorrans is finally getting his chance in the squad.

Mackie - eh? Miller's been scoring goals for fun in the SPL and got a goal against Lichtenstein. Mackie is unproven at International level. Its Iwelumo all over again. The only reason Miller isn't playing is because the SFA's sister team, Rangers, don't want to risk him getting injured and miss the Old Firm next weekend.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the squad. Caldwell's inclusion is a dodgy one, he always puts in a shift for Scotland but hasn't touched a ball for Wigan this season. Miller's exclusion is just downright wrong.

I can understand him leaving out Miller, mainly because he's played shite for Scotland in all of Levein's games so far.

You're also a bit harsh on McManus, he's a decent player and has rarely let the international side down, I'm more worried about the constant inclusion of David Weir, surely the home game against Holland was clear to see if he's not part of a 10 man defence, he's extremely limited at the this level these days

FC Wacker Innsbruck is an Austrian football club from Innsbruck. The club was formed in June 2002, and plays their home games at Tivoli Neu. The club regard themselves as the spiritual continuation of the team FC Tirol Innsbruck, who went bankrupt in 2002. However, legally Wacker Tirol is a distinct and separate club, and is not entitled to claim the honours won by its predecessors.

The ascent of Wacker Tirol into the Bundesliga took only two years from formation, with promotion to the top division achieved in 2004. This was possible because the club made an alliance with 3rd league club Wattens. After finishing first in Regionalliga West, Wacker advanced to Red Zac Erste Liga. Wacker Tirol finished 6th in their first Bundesliga season.

In 2007 the club was renamed to FC Wacker Innsbruck. At the end of the 2007-08 season, FC Wacker Innsbruck finished last and was relegated to the Austrian Football First League (second tier). In 2010, Wacker won promotion back to the Austrian Bundesliga.

Can they not see what they have done, and continue to do while they stay as owners? Can't they see that they are ruined our club. They get an escape route, and they still refuse to take it. Well, Hicks won't, not sure about Gillett. Even Man United fans will probably understand our feelings, as they are in a similar situation with the Glazers.

at least Man Utd have won some trophies under the Glazers! ;)

Along with how many hundreds of millions of debt?

I understand the supporters, because our situation is very similar.

The Glazers are crippling the club, just like Hicks and co are crippling Liverpool. Yes, we've won trophies whilst the Glazers have been here, but it's not really thanks to them. Its in spite of them. For example, if Liverpool win the league this season, it won't be down to their owners. They're taking money out of the club, they're not pouring it in.

I really feel worried when I see the figures about how far into the red that United are in. Or how much they spend on interest payments whilst not taking anything significant off the actual loan itself. Its horrible for any football club to have to go through this and I feel sorry for the staff at these clubs, because ultimately its the staff, the fans and the players who suffer as a result of this. The owners will simply move on, and begin to devour their next "business."

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!