Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil Revelations 3DS

Dante

I hated the controls on Mercenaries, so much so that I sold it 24 hours after buying it. It just felt wrong, especially after coming off playing Resident Evil 5 on the 360. If the CPP hadn't been released I doubt I would have picked this up, despite being a huge fan of the series.

Fair enough... if you disliked the controls for Mercenaries 3D that much then I can understand where you're coming from.

It lets you walk and aim and shoot at the same time lol, that's a pretty big feature :P

True but it's not completely necessary, this is Resi after all... it seems like we only got the option to walk while aiming a game or two ago but yes it's true you should be able to aim properly but it kind of sucks that we have to pay £15 for the privilege when it should have been a standard system feature from day one as Nintendo really should have incorporated a second stick into the original design.

---------------------

Back to the game, I'm a few chapters in and am still really enjoying it :) everything is starting to come together in the story keeping things interesting; the game definitely has a classic Resi feel to it as well which is great.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a blast with this game! :bouncy:

3 hours played so far, and just about to start episode 4.

I love how the section from the demo was remixed in the final game. Thought it'd be exactly the same, so that was a nice surprise. :hehe:

Anyway, have got Raid Mode available now, not tried it yet though as my eyes are starting to bleed. :heh:

@S\.C\.G I've added your 3DS code, add me back and perhaps we can play some Raid Mode later tonight/sometime tomorrow? :)

Just had a go on Raid Mode, single player first and then did a couple of stages with a random online.

It is excellent! icon14.gif There appears to be an incredible amount of stuff to unlock/collect! :o Some that you obtain simply by playing, others that you can buy in the shop with BP or Play Coins.

So yeah, it looks like the replay value on Revelations is gonna be off the scale! :cool:

This is a must have title for every 3DS owner!

Best visuals on the system? Check. (Big Style! :o)

Really good fun to play, even without the CPP? Check.

Quality online mode? Check.

Interesting StreetPass functionality? Check.

Classic Resident Evil cheese? Check. :laughing:

@S\.C\.G I've added your 3DS code, add me back and perhaps we can play some Raid Mode later tonight/sometime tomorrow? :)

I've added you RedShell : peace: sounds good, perhaps we could get a Raid Mode game going at some point tomorrow, gonna focus on finishing the story mode tonight though, but tomorrow night perhaps after Mario Kart would be a good time I reckon, it'd be good fun I'm sure plus I'll need to play Raid Mode anyway for the review. :)

------------------------

Just finished Chapter 4... story just keeps getting better as do the encounters, I'm enjoying this a lot more than Resi 5 overall atm which is a good thing.

HOw's it compare to Mecanries, does i take it obsolete or a nice companion piece?!

Was gutted to fire up the demo and hell mode not being there? So you have to finish it twice in quick succession?! Stuff that, I'll just wait now for the main game. Sounds like there's a lot to it!

I have this and WWE Allstars waiting for me waiting for me; I wonder which I'll play first :D

Need to finish Shinobi and Ace Combat before I return!

but tomorrow night perhaps after Mario Kart would be a good time I reckon
OK cool. icon14.gif

Just finished Chapter 4... story just keeps getting better as do the encounters, I'm enjoying this a lot more than Resi 5 overall atm which is a good thing.
I made it up to episode 6 last night, almost didn't make it though! :heh: Got in a really bad way at one point, I had literally no life left and no herbs either, game was black&white and the screen covered in blood (love that visual effect BTW :hehe:) and it had just auto-saved right before a tricky section... I died. :D And when I continued, the situation was the same, 1 hit and it's all over. Thought it might have restored my health, but no... I died... again... 4 times. :D

Eventually made it out (mainly by running a lot) but yeah, auto-save can really mess you up if you ain't careful. Not sure if I'm really digging that feature after that. :hmm:

The episodic nature of this game is genius though, not only does it make perfect sense for a portable game anyway, but it allows for constant switching between traditional horror style Resi, and new action style Resi, which keeps things really interesting.

I think it actually helps to enhance each of the different game styles too. :awesome:

Speaking of the horror side of Resi...

The part with zombie Rachel in episode 4

:o

...that has to be one of the creepiest moments of the entire RE series! :eek: Totally freaked me out anyway. :laughing:

The audio design is a big factor, absolutely amazing. :bowdown: If anyone is thinking of playing this game without headphones, don't! You will be missing out on a huge part of the atmosphere otherwise. :shakehead

Pitch-black room and headphones on as loud as you can handle is the only way to experience this game. ;)

I'll check when I get home....@S\.C\.G comments are making it unbearable! but i'll be at home around 5-6pm.

EDIT: It didn't arrive, but hopefully I receive the package before 12:30... COME ON mail man!

Edited by -Dem0-

Surprised people are saying headphones. I was disappointed with headphone play because of the shuffling effect on Jill and the monsters dying noise; both sounded bad and happened a lot!! Much prefer it coming out of the speakers. The monsters dying is still rubbish, but less pronounced

Just got in to find my CPP has arrived! :bouncy: It's surprisingly comfortable.

Pics or didn't happen :D

Impressions with the game?!

Did anyone who bought it from Zavvi get the game yet? Checked the post today and it was so disappointing to find nothing there, I hate waiting for a game to arrive lol

No I Orderd it from Zavvi aswell and it haven't come it will come tomorrow then

Zavvi just dispatched my order. I'm relieved they hadn't just sold out when I didn't get any email the other day, could've been waiting ages otherwise. :smile:

For anyone who has played Raid Mode, how does it compare to Mercenaries? Does it make getting Mercenaries 3D pointless now?

S.C.G and RedShell - I no longer like you both. Lol.

Jealous!

I need this game in my life - like now!

You're gonna dislike us both even more now then because I just had a rather awesome session on Raid Mode with @RedShell :heh: thanks for showing me the ropes btw as that was my first time playing it, I thought we did pretty well and it was great fun too, will definitely be playing the game online more regularly now. : peace:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!