Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 7

Retro_Link

There are some pretty big omissions within Mario Kart series, but who doesn't think they'll release a track pack and extra characters this time round?

Me, for an instance. For the reasons I stated above.

Although they certainly cannot be accused of being a charitable company, Nintendo seems to be extremely reluctant to add payed content to their games. And I can't say I'd complain.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some pretty big omissions within Mario Kart series, but who doesn't think they'll release a track pack and extra characters this time round? They've not really put themselves in the position of doing so in previous games, but with 3DS having the store updated for DLC right before its release, I can see them milking the game with new characters and tracks. They have got everything in place this time round (along with some heavy pressure from investors). And where better to start with DLC than our beloved MK?

Oh David your optimism is admirable. You have as much chance of this happening as getting Skyward Sword being a VIP at the concert :) It would be amazing, and i so so so hope you're right, but just can't see it. Like Hero says, it makes too much sense. I would love a mario kart where I can play every single track there's ever been, even better would be a track editor and we can share them but that really is taking the piss!

Oh David your optimism is admirable. You have as much chance of this happening as getting Skyward Sword being a VIP at the concert :) It would be amazing, and i so so so hope you're right, but just can't see it. Like Hero says, it makes too much sense. I would love a mario kart where I can play every single track there's ever been, even better would be a track editor and we can share them but that really is taking the piss!

Until they roll out Zelda Williams to tell me otherwise, i will remain confident that Nintendo are prepping DLC for their upcoming titles including Mario Kart. Nintendo rarely - if ever - take any notice of what third party developers want, so any movement must surely be in advance of Nintendo products.

But this is Nintendo we're talking about...

Those hoping for downloadable tracks can stop hoping, it's not happening:

"Nintendo will also offer something like this [DLC] for the titles Nintendo publishes next year."

Also assume he means next financial year so can't imagine it's to do with any titles they've already announced.

Those hoping for downloadable tracks can stop hoping, it's not happening:

Also assume he means next financial year so can't imagine it's to do with any titles they've already announced.

Could be read a number of ways. Could be read that it's for titles next year, or that next year they'll be releasing DLC for their titles

There are going to be more characters than the 16 that have already been confirmed.

Hoping for some interesting characters, but no more goof-balls like wiggler & queen bee. I know someone mentioned kamek in this thread, I think kamek would be a very good choice.

Who do you think will be revealed?

There are going to be more characters than the 16 that have already been confirmed.

Hoping for some interesting characters, but no more goof-balls like wiggler & queen bee. I know someone mentioned kamek in this thread, I think kamek would be a very good choice.

Who do you think will be revealed?

I'm expecting a Twirlip

I'm expecting Baby Baby Mario

Do you ever see (Baby) Mario's parents?

I'm betting that it's a strange time travel paradox where Peach and Mario have three kids named after themselves and Luigi. These kids then fall through a time vortex and Baby Peach gets separated from Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.

Thus explaining how the characters can appear in Mario Kart and the like but still grow up into the characters.

Could be read a number of ways. Could be read that it's for titles next year, or that next year they'll be releasing DLC for their titles

"for titles Nintendo publishes next year"

Mario Kart is being published this year.

"for titles Nintendo publishes next year"

Mario Kart is being published this year.

For that to work, it'd have to be "for titles Nintendo publish next year" ;)

It being publishes implies that it's more a listing saying that they're doing DLC next year, not that it's for games released from next year

In that sentence, whether it's publish or publishes, it still means titles that will be published next year - meaning titles published this year are excluded.

It's still not absolute confirmation that Nintendo won't give us DLC for Mario kart. The confirmation for that is in ReZ's post. It make sense so they won't do it.

Nintendo would be really dumb not to have DLC in MK7. Not because the game desperately needs it; but because its a money spinner and Nintendo now how to milk us for every penny.

I'd never completely DLC in MK7, regardless of what's being said to investors at the moment. Nintendo really do have precious few titles really suited to DLC - Mario Kart seems perfect for it. Its an effective way at boosting profits; Nintendo know we'd all pay an extra £10 for a SNES track pack, same for N64 and Super Circuit; it all adds up to some serious fleecing and incredible returns.

If it's going to have dlc, I think it won't be talked about until perhaps midway next year or late next year, Nintendo will want to milk all it can first on the hard copy one, let players have a lot of enjoyment, than in a year when they see less and less online players they can add new things to spark the series but not too much (leave that for the Wii U version)

I really think the first game that will implement dlc from a Nintendo game is Animal Crossing.

Surely it wouldn't be THAT hard to do. I don't understand, does it have to be integrated from the beginning (DLC) or can it be done retrospectively?

I think the game needs to know to look for DLC. If its coded to look, they can add DLC at any time. If its not coded to look, Nintendo have given us the middle finger.

Also, I'm getting slightly worried that this super 7 item is going to be too powerful!

I have only seen a shot of the item, what does it do?

I really think the first game that will implement dlc from a Nintendo game is Animal Crossing.

I don't think its very 'Nintendo' to be adding DLC in bits and drabs, I think they'll want to add a lot of content at a high price.

Surely it wouldn't be THAT hard to do. I don't understand, does it have to be integrated from the beginning (DLC) or can it be done retrospectively?

Also, I'm getting slightly worried that this super 7 item is going to be too powerful!

It can only select one of the weapons to use though right?

I imagined it as 7 items spinning around you, then either you pres fire to try and select the one you want, or you press fire and like a roulette wheel, one of the items will eventually get selected?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!