NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 7

Seven random items appear around you and you can choose one of them to use.

That's what I thought it was, but I just read up on it on IGN and their artcile says you can use all of them one at a time... which I why I guess the weapons have been limited to just the basic ones/not too powerful ones like single shells etc...

3_1319233076.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Lucky 7 simply replicates the normal roulette?

I am struggling to imagine how this is a good addition to the game. Hopefully we can turn it off.

That's what I thought it was, but I just read up on it on IGN and their artcile says you can use all of them one at a time... which I why I guess the weapons have been limited to just the basic ones/not too powerful ones like single shells etc...

Hmm...

Seems you do get to use them all.

I wonder if it would be possible for other racers to (with careful driving) nick the non-projectile items (Star, Blooper, etc) like you can when they fall on the track (as in, they activate instantly).

I wonder if it would be possible for other racers to (with careful driving) nick the non-projectile items (Star, Blooper, etc) like you can when they fall on the track (as in, they activate instantly).

Given Nintendo's usual attention to detail, I wouldn't be surprised if you could.

Is it known how the player gets to chose which item out of the seven he wants to use? I'm imagining they'll circle round players like the three shells and whichever item is at a certain position when the player fires gets used. Nicking the star out of a players arsenal which he saved up for special occasions sounds like another good opportunity to enrage people in Mario Kart. :)

I seriously cannot wait until this game!

I'm going to be so low on cash. I'll have nothing left for Christmas presents!

I seriously cannot wait until this game!

I'm going to be so low on cash. I'll have nothing left for Christmas presents!

Tell me about it. I specifically havn't checked my bank balance in about 2 weeks. I need to bite the bullet and have a look now. :( Last week I had £144 for new glasses and £130 for tax disk.....

That wasn't pretty. :(

Right....what can I sell lol.

New trailer time! I'll spoiler them for those, who are sensitive towards spoilers even in a racing game. ;)

One showing returning tracks ("leaf cup"), another one showing all new tracks ("star cup") and a last one, showing of the battle mode.

So weird seeing

Kalamari Desert

the right way round. I played

MK64

to death but always played in Extra mode so all my memories of those tracks are in reverse :laughing:

but always played in Extra mode so all my memories of those tracks are in reverse :laughing:

Yeah that was the norm for me in Double Dash too :laughing:

The potential of Mario Kart 7s Communities has been discussed, and it was looking like a great addition to the MK series. However, dreams of removing blue shells from the race have been shattered after IGN took the game for a spin online.

So are we surprised to hear Nintendo have fucked it up?

IGN Take Mario Kart 7 online

When it comes to customization, the communities are actually very limited. It's not like in the Super Smash Bros. series where you can electively turn on or off whatever item you choose and adjust their frequency. You start with one long list of the different items, characters and kart parts in the game, and you choose one of these as a specification... ...You can't specify more than one at a time, so wave bye-bye to your dreams having a no Blue Shell, mushroom wheel race
Edited by david.dakota

Those first two retro battle mode tracks in the third video, brilliant to see they've used IMO the best two battle mode courses in MK!

Hopefully they've ditched the ridiculous gameplay notion that 2 player battle mode needs 10 other CPU racers, like in MK Wii. What a joke that was.

Hopefully they've ditched the ridiculous gameplay notion that 2 player battle mode needs 10 other CPU racers, like in MK Wii. What a joke that was.

Given that online and offline multiplayer seems to be limited to 8 drivers, there'll of course only be 6 other racers this time. (No idea if they've even included Bots this time ;))

However, dreams of removing blue shells from the race have been shattered after IGN took the game for a spin online.

So are we surprised to hear Nintendo have fucked it up?

Nintendo hasn't fucked shit up. MK is different from SSB in my opinion. SSB is a competitive fighter with and without items, just that with the latter it slightly alters to a party-like game (increases the advantage/luck, although still very fun).

MK on the other hand, wasn't designed to be a serious racer like that of Burnout, Juiced, Grand Turismo, Forza or what have you, it was created to be a competitive party racer. Items make Mario Kart. So to disabling a couple of items would really just make the races more boring.

Besides, ain't you ballz at MK anyway, Mr. Dakota? :laughing: When you're in 8th places getting karted-out I bet you'd start moanin' 'N' groanin' that there's no bluey for ya to launch! :laughing: You wonky bastard!

Nintendo hasn't fucked shit up. MK is different from SSB in my opinion. SSB is a competitive fighter with and without items, just that with the latter it slightly alters to a party-like game (increases the advantage/luck, although still very fun). MK on the other hand, wasn't designed to be a serious racer like that of Burnout, Juiced, Grand Turismo, Forza or what have you, it was created to be a competitive party racer. Items make Mario Kart. So to disabling a couple of items would really just make the races more boring.

Besides, ain't you ballz at MK anyway, Mr. Dakota? :laughing: When you're in 8th places getting karted-out I bet you'd start moanin' 'N' groanin' that there's no bluey for ya to launch! :laughing: You wonky bastard!

I know I could have chosen to play without motion on MK Wii (and shall not grumble) but it is far more fun with it. However, in MK7 I am hoping that the reliance standard controls will enable me to wipe my arse on your face, Beverage.

For the record, whether I'm in 1st (it occasionally happens) or 8th I hate the blue shell. It is too much of a game changer for those in front whilst providing no real benefit to the person who used it.

I don't get your argument though - from IGNs preview it seems the communities allow you to set only one condition (you race only with red shells, or race only with bananas) which, as you say, will make the game boring. IGNs preview doesn't say you disable items, it says you enable one item - and that (we would seem to agree on) completely remove that party atmosphere of MK. A system like Smash Bros. Brawl would work perfectly in Mario Kart - the vast majority of times most would play with items on but evenso I am sure our esteemed League Co-Ordinator @lostmario would have loved the ability to offer the occasional no-item race (if memory recalls, we've actually attempted that but someone fired something and the usual chaos broke out).

Communities is yet another example of Nintendo failing to understand what its customers want; I don't think anyone asked them to provide a gameplay option for racing solely with bananas or tanooki tails. Hopefully, IGN are wrong or they can patch the retarded community options from Day One (did I just say that about a Nintendo game?!)

The fact is - and I say this as a die hard Nintendo fan - they consistently drop the ball when it comes to online and to this day I have no idea why I continue to place my trust in them when they seem to have a good idea about online connectivity.

- Gamecube Broadband Adaptor Shit

- Friendcodes Shit

- WiiConnect24 Shit

- Wii Shop Channel/ eShop Shit

- Friendcodes Shit

- 3DS Persistent Connection Shit

- MK7 Communities Shit

Edited by david.dakota

I know I could have chosen to play without motion on MK Wii (and shall not grumble) but it is far more fun with it. However, in MK7 I am hoping that the reliance standard controls will enable me to wipe my arse on your face, Beverage.

That is true and thinking about it now, that is an enormous possibily for you to do so :blush: However, I am very stubborn/determined to get good enough grips with controls, so I wouldn't admit defeat so soon!: peace:

In any case, I don't think I'll be getting it so your chance has been eliminated :D

For the record, whether I'm in 1st (it occasionally happens) or 8th I hate the blue shell. It is too much of a game changer for those in front whilst providing no real benefit to the person who used it.

Well not if it's like how it was used in MK64 - which it is, isn't it? ::shrug:

I don't get your argument though - from IGNs preview it seems the communities allow you to set only one condition (you race only with red shells, or race only with bananas) which, as you say, will make the game boring. IGNs preview doesn't say you disable items, it says you enable one item - and that (we would seem to agree on) completely remove that party atmosphere of MK.

Wait, sorry for my laggy brain at the mo. But are you saying each racer will have a unique abilty (have one item [e.g. Dynamo has bananas, lostmario has greens, Redshell has Reds and david dakota has blues] throughout the race plus their '7' power-up or whatever)? Interesting yet gay. :confused:might be good to be honest, not sure

(if memory recalls, we've actually attempted that but someone fired something and the usual chaos broke out).

I totally remember that! Classic :laughing:

- Gamecube Broadband Adaptor Shit

- Friendcodes Shit

- WiiConnect24 Shit

- Wii Shop Channel/ eShop Shit

- Friendcodes Shit

- 3DS Persistent Connection Shit

- MK7 Communities Shit

Haha you had to quote friendcodes as shyte twice! I'll do the third - IT'S SHMIT!!!!!!

Edited by Beverage

In any case, I don't think I'll be getting it so your chance has been eliminated :D

You must.

Wait, sorry for my laggy brain at the mo. But are you saying each racer will have a unique abilty (have one item [e.g. Dynamo has bananas, lostmario has greens, Redshell has Reds and david dakota has blues] throughout the race plus their '7' power-up or whatever)? Interesting yet gay. :confused:

Your idea is preferable to Nintendo's (and harkens back to Super Mario Kart). However, in MK7 the host seems to be able to set up one item that will appear in the race - any driver who picks up an item box will simply get that one pre-decided item.

I won't bother spoiler-tagging this, it's just commercials after all. The first one shows the "lucky number 7"-item in action (15 seconds in). Edit: So does the second video! (1:57)

Another edit: Downloading multiple ghosts and racing against them simultaneously seems like a very cool thing, too. But I can't tell if they're ghosts from friends or from some kind of global ranking.

Edited by Burny

Fuck me this game continues to blow me away, it looks unreal. The fire flower and lucky 7 items worry me a little, but other than that, I can see me ploughing hundreds of hours into this game!

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/

West Coast Customs builds life-size Mario Karts

To mark the release of Mario Kart 7, Nintendo commissioned West Coast Customs to build life-size replicas of Mario and Luigi’s actual karts from the game.

In addition to Mario’s red kart, there’s also Luigi’s Bumblebee car from the game. Both cars are exact game replicas, just scaled to adult human size.

As Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime, the big kid pictured up top, says, “These are the only cars at the LA Auto Show designed to work in both the air and water.”

Want to park one of these in your living room and use it as a game seat when you’re actually playing Mario Kart? You’re in luck — well, at least if you’re lucky — because Nintendo plans to give both to two lucky Gamestop customers.

wcc-nintendo-05-650x433.jpg

wccnintendo04.jpg

wccnintendo10.jpg

Damn whichever two people win these are gonna have two mighty collectors pieces on their hands!! They'd surely sell for thousands on ebay!!

That is incredibly awesome! :o

Please tell me the making of these is going to be released on Nintendo Video or something, would love to see that.

It'd be like the best episode of pimp my ride EVER! :laughing:

Can't believe they have botched the communities feature. How difficult could it be just to add the Smash Bros. options to MK? :nono:

Here is a complete "walkthrough" of the Lightning and Special Cups. The rainbow road looks brilliant. Devilish, but brilliant. ;)

Can't believe they have botched the communities feature. How difficult could it be just to add the Smash Bros. options to MK? :nono:

Apparently, Reggie threatened to resign if they gave us what we wanted. That's what I heard.

How is it botched ? please explain do you have the game toback up these claims?

Edited by yesteryeargames