NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 7

This looks so solid, I already have an erection and I think it will be permanent upon release. :p

:laughing: I actually lol'd at this comment and keep giggling. It just got me. :laughing:

I'm pretty sure I read you can have thousands and thousand. A hundred thousand I think.

I got my copy of this today. I've played through the four new cups in 50cc, but not tried the retro cups yet. New tracks are all pretty good, though I can't say there are any true classics yet. It's too early to say, I suppose, but nothing's really jumped out at me, except maybe the musical instrument track. The two Wuhu Island courses are both great too, as is Rainbow Road - all three have just one long lap, which is a refreshing change.

Of the new items, I've only been able to try out the leaf, which I got fairly regularly in first place. A good addition, IMO. Blue shells are as annoying as ever, unfortunately. :( None of them cost me first place, but I can see it happening in higher cc races and online.

Speaking of online, I tried to get on, and although the servers are up, I couldn't find anyone to play against. Annoyingly, there didn't seem to be a way of stopping searching for opponents, apart from pressing the Home button and leaving the game entirely - shouldn't be a problem by the time it's out though.

Graphics are wonderful, music not so much, though the Rainbow Road theme is as brilliant as ever. Hang glider is also a great addition. Haven't tried first person or battle modes yet.

Right, better go to bed, as I'm getting up in four hours...

I already have an erection and I think it will be permanent upon release. :p

I find that, upon release, an erection goes flaced.

Hey guys just to let ye know I've set up an official Online thread for this in the Handhel Online boards for if/when people want to oganise races and GPs etc.

http://www.n-europeforums.com/showthread.php?t=33076

Also for a bit of light reading here's something to get ye in League mode for the 2012 N-E Mario Kart League

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16609

@Mokong X\-C thanks for links, ive read the history of the league, i didnt know how it worked so thanks!

Mine's getting processed...time to start the ridiculous "ZOMG WILL IT COME TOMORROW" stuff :p

I knew I shouldn't have gone for the bargain... I would easily pay a few extra quid to get it tomorrow or Thursday :D

Friday and Saturday will be bliss though!

It doesn't have people waggling the circle pad and complaining it's not doing 1:1 motion

Just aswell, i'm already having trouble with Zelda, I don't want to be having the same issues with Mazza Kart. :D

Haha! Brilliant. That Jim Sterling is EASILY the biggest cunt in game journalism. He thrives on controversy!

Cancelled Amazon order, bought from ShopTo a few minutes ago, it's been dispatched.

Cancelled Amazon order, bought from ShopTo a few minutes ago, it's been dispatched.

Good man.

I love ShopTo now...regret not going with them earlier.

Am really psyched for this game, the online features seem amazing. I did just read one thing, which is very minor for me but may annoy others. Apparently, it doesn't have local multiplayer, only online...

Good man.

I love ShopTo now...regret not going with them earlier.

Am really psyched for this game, the online features seem amazing. I did just read one thing, which is very minor for me but may annoy others. Apparently, it doesn't have local multiplayer, only online...

You read wrong. COMPLETELY WRONG!!!

Though where did you read this?

http://mariokart7.nintendo.com/multiplayer/

Edit: Oh, they were complaining about a specific mode but worded it poorly. Never mind

Shows you stupid and ignorant people are. Which reviews state this? They're meant to be professionals. As if a mario kart wouldn't have local multiplayer!

They were comments that people were making around it, not actual reviews. Though, reviews like Destructoid just gloss over the multiplayer modes so it's not that unusual to think it.

I do note a lack of Mission Mode. I did enjoy that on MKDS, pity but still

Literally just did the same. Hopefully they keep to their orders placed before 17.20 promise, I'd fucking love to receive it tomorrow rather than Friday.

Ah, heavenly karts, al lined up on storeshelves...

It is me, or are Nintendo-games prone to broken street dates? Most games are available, one or two days before official release, but first Zelda OoT a full 4 to five days early, then SM3DL, Skyward Sword and now MK7?

Not that I'm complaining! I'm off now, doing you know what. ;)

That's playing MK7, you filthy, dirty mind.

Literally just did the same. Hopefully they keep to their orders placed before 17.20 promise, I'd fucking love to receive it tomorrow rather than Friday.

EDIT: Holy shit balls that was quick