NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 7

@yesteryeargames from what's been said, Mario Part 7 only enables you to have only one race condition; eg you all race as Mario or the only item that is given is a banana. You can't select multiple conditions.

famitsu gave it 37/40 (10,9,9,9)

heres what they said:

"The game's made so you're always able to stage a comeback, making it approachable and enjoyable for anyone. Competing for time is also exciting, and there's more than enough room for hardcore play here. The Community feature makes netplay a lot more accessible than before, and finding opponents via Street Pass is also impressive. It's really exciting to think how the community's going to unfold. There are a lot of changes here, but play it and it's definitely still Mario Kart. That goes to show how complete a game it's become. It's accessible enough that even new players can enjoy it, and when you get into it, you really get into it."

A bit worrying about always able to stage a comeback. My biggest fears with this game is the power of the fire flower and the luck 7 items, let's hope it means in the typical mario kart way as I have insanely high hopes for this game!

wcc-nintendo-05-650x433.jpg

wccnintendo04.jpg

wccnintendo10.jpg

Damn whichever two people win these are gonna have two mighty collectors pieces on their hands!! They'd surely sell for thousands on ebay!!

These are amazing

I WANT ONE

Edited by Helmsly

Eurogamers review is up. 8/10

Not bad. Basically they say that the additions that have been made are slight but generally improve the game (with the exception of the slow underwater sections - no surprise really). One good thing is that they say courses are narrower and a bit tighter, which is always good.

from what ive seen on MK7, it does look like that could be the case, after SS this has been my most anticipated GOTY.

Only just heard about the community feature in Mario Kart 7... fuuuuck that sounds good!

I doubt I'll be as successful with the wins than I was at N-E meet 2010 D= but looking forward to an N-E community to join on there!

I just took a quick gander at the character list and there's no Birdo OR Diddy Kong who were my main characters on Mario Kart Wii.

And there's no way I'm being that bee. It still makes me sick that out of the huge Mario universe, that random Bee from Galaxy gets in.

ONM and Guardian reviews today; both insanely positive!! Wish I never ordered from Sainsurys now, no chance of a Thursday get :)

I just took a quick gander at the character list and there's no Birdo OR Diddy Kong who were my main characters on Mario Kart Wii.

And there's no way I'm being that bee. It still makes me sick that out of the huge Mario universe, that random Bee from Galaxy gets in.

Is the full list up yet?

No Diddy Kong, Birdo OR Waluigi seems seems outdated and reactionary.

If Mario Kart 7 doesn't get DLC next year, I'll eat my hat. Its a no brainer. Despite what Reggie says, Nintendo must surely realise that DLC in Mario Kart would sell like crazy.

For the record, I don't have a hat.

Guardian reviews today

You fail to mention that The Guardian state rubber banding AI is gone. Best Mario Kart ever.

I was gonna preorder this online, but what with the strikes happening this week i'm a little afraid that it may get held up in the post. Guess I will just have to pick it up instore on Friday.

You fail to mention that The Guardian state rubber banding AI is gone. Best Mario Kart ever.

success_baby-kid.jpg

what's rubber banding AI? does this mean it's nothing at all like MKWii?

please tell me it's nothing at all like MKWii

It's nothing at all like MKWii :D

@Fused King - I just assumed it was the full list, now you mention it, I really hope it isn't. All of the new characters just seem so weird/obscure. Metal Mario, the bee and Wiggler?! What were they thinking.

Other than that minor set back though, I really can't wait. Reviews seem incredibly positive so far and I get paid this Friday so I'll be waiting at the nearest available shop.

i preordered this over a month ago, even though i didnt like MKWii, i still had a blast but this sounds like the best multiplayer game till the next smash/kart IMO. ive been trying to get as much of my courseworks done so that i can at least have a week of uniterrupted gameplay.

ive been so hyped for this, i mean SO HYPED!

Wednesday can't come soon enough.......i mean friday :hehe:

But has it? I really don't trust the guardian on this matter. I would be gobsmacked that it's still there.

Lately I've bought mario 3D, Zelda and Uncharted 3 - those are 3 unique, beautiful, stunning games.... But I just know Mario kart will be my game of the year :D

Hey guys, I (and I imagine many people) won't be getting this game until Chirstmas, but as we don't know how many people fit in a community, I'm worried that'll mean the late comings are kicked out of any N-Europe community. It'll probably be 12, or whatever the maximum number of racers is.

I just wanna make sure we all have people to play with. I don't want communities to become really exclusive.

I'll play with you Hamish ;P

If we have loads of people we can always split up into two groups of 7 or something and switch over if people want to mix? I'm sure something will get worked out if we have more players than spaces :p

I just wanna make sure we all have people to play with. I don't want communities to become really exclusive.

If we have loads of people we can always split up into two groups of 7 or something and switch over if people want to mix? I'm sure something will get worked out if we have more players than spaces :p

I'd imagine the community will have a maximum limit of 100 players but don't forget the N-E MK League will start in the new year and that will be open to everybody.

I haven't took part in an N-Europe MK thing before but I sure hope that will change soon :)

A word of warning, I'm amazing.