NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 7

Out of fear of receiving a Dutch version of the game, I ordered it at your Zavvi.co.uk and it will take approximately 20 days......

I say that's no way to treat a N-Europe Mario Kart Wii Champion!

Out of fear of receiving a Dutch version of the game, I ordered it at your Zavvi.co.uk and it will take approximately 20 days......

Aren't all first party Nintendo games in Europe with 5/6 languages? I remember that I used to always check online what languages it was in, because I do prefer the games in English. Recently though I just assume it will be English and I haven't been surprised yet.

By do you want the English version so badly? Also, it would have been quicker for one of us to buy you it and post it to you!

Haven't got the game yet :( I was stupid and ordered it from Sainsburys who dispatch the day before release!!

By do you want the English version so badly? Also, it would have been quicker for one of us to buy you it and post it to you!

Because I don't like Dutch to be present in my games.

Games for me have always been English, and Dutchifying games makes for some odd reading and an even stranger experience.

Aren't all first party Nintendo games in Europe with 5/6 languages? I remember that I used to always check online what languages it was in, because I do prefer the games in English. Recently though I just assume it will be English and I haven't been surprised yet.

There was a lot of talk about the game being completely in Dutch, so I checked it out in the store, after my copy from Zavvi was dispatched, and it was, indeed, an option....

I'm not too fussed though, got my exams coming up, and I'm having trouble enough not playing Skyward Sword over here:laughing:

Right! Forums are back up, I have the game and the only other person I know to have received it is Rez but I imagine a few more of us received it and those that didn't have only a few more hours to wait.

So, community creation. We're allowed to join a maximum of 8 communities each. According to the e-manual, once a community has been created the settings specified cannot be changed.

I've created a basic N-Europe community for now. I'll list the rules you can specify in creation so we can get some form of consensus going and then some one can make a new group. Obviously we don't have to be bound by one community but it'd be nice to have rules we all agree on.

Modes available:

50cc race

100cc race

150cc race

Mirror race

Balloon Battle

Coin Battle

Items available:

All

Shells

Bananas

Mushrooms

Bob-ombs

None

I've set the community to 150cc with all items enabled. The code to register is 59-8718-4411-3222. There's supposedly no limit to the amount of people who can join so if all the rules are cool, join and invite!

Also, having a lot of fun. But cursing a lot at the bullshit NPC AI as per usual =P

The limit is 100,000 people so we should be safe :)

Will join it when my copy arrives later

@welsh_gamer thanks for the games last night - I joined your session in progress - twas great fun, you're rather skilled btw :) hope to race you again soon.

@Debug Mode I've joined the N-Europe community, hopefully will get to race with/against a good few of you tonight/tomorrow, I'll be on from 10PM most likely. :D

Well my copy has just arrived. Yay for that.

Order from LAME who can never get games to you before release day - but they pulled it out for this one.

However, I am awaiting my actual 3DS - ordered the white one with Mario Land bundled. That also comes out officially tomorrow. According to their website my console hasn't even been shipped. Oh the irony. :hmm:

And I have today off work so was hoping it would all arrive today :red:

It is quite painful to have this game and not be able to play it. Glad to hear you're all having fun with it!

Order from LAME who can never get games to you before release day - but they pulled it out for this one.

Since September, Game have done a better job for me than ShopTo.

Since September, Game have done a better job for me than ShopTo.

Since September, GAME have done a worse job for me than ShopTo. I'm not going into the details.

Hee Hee! I got it! :laughing:

Best 3DS game to date?... Hell yeah! :bouncy:

Seriously, if this one doesn't get those people that "have something wrong with them" :heh: to buy a 3DS, then nothing will.

This is easily the most feature packed MK game in the history of the franchise. Street/SpotPass is going to be amazing, the online set-up is the best that Nintendo have ever done, the customisation aspect is rad and the new game-play mechanics offer a good change to the standard racing, creating some lovely short-cuts and making for fantastic new twists on the retro tracks.

Speaking of the retro tracks...

SMK Rainbow Road on MK 7 = heaven!

:yay:

Not sure who's responsible, whether it was 100% Retro Studios doing or not, but whoever revised that track did an incredible job. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Playing it for the first time yesterday almost brought a tear to my eye.

To see one of the most iconic MK tracks (not to mention one of my favourites) brought up to date in such a spectacular way, yet still retaining the vibe of the original was simply brilliant.

It's also really nice to finally see a 3DS game run at 60fps with 3D on, it looks sensational! :o

Overall the music isn't as good as it's been in previous games, but there are still some great tunes, and the extra layer of music that kicks in while you're in first place (with a comfortable lead) is quality! :awesome:

Oh and the music that plays during the credits... Perfection. :love:

Brilliant! I love it when he drives over the piano keys. :D
It's soooo much fun powersliding over them, so much fun that it could almost be illegal. :D

I've set the community to 150cc with all items enabled. The code to register is 59-8718-4411-3222. There's supposedly no limit to the amount of people who can join so if all the rules are cool, join and invite!
Joined. : peace:

I saw that RedShell was playing this yesterday evening, but didn't manage to catch him online.
Yeah, I spotted you on my friend list playing this too, but the join button was greyed out.

Yep, we still really need that 3DS messaging system. :hehe:

Did manage to play with a few N-E peeps yesterday though, the online is just as slick as it was on MK Wii. icon14.gif

However, I am awaiting my actual 3DS - ordered the white one with Mario Land bundled. That also comes out officially tomorrow. According to their website my console hasn't even been shipped. Oh the irony. :hmm:

And I have today off work so was hoping it would all arrive today :red:

It is quite painful to have this game and not be able to play it. Glad to hear you're all having fun with it!

GAME never ship consoles to arrive the day before release, it'll ship today and arrive tomorrow.

They've been fine with my orders, Xenoblade, Batman, Zelda Collectors guide all arrived a day early. Tales of Abyss arrived on Friday, due to them receiving shipment late, which is fine.

Anyway. Asked for Mario Kart 7 for Christmas so this is my "big game". Friends list has become a "torture list" since I can see everyone playing it now :laughing

Downside is that everyone will have a 3 week head start to practice :cry:

GAME never ship consoles to arrive the day before release, it'll ship today and arrive tomorrow.

They've been fine with my orders, Xenoblade, Batman, Zelda Collectors guide all arrived a day early. Tales of Abyss arrived on Friday, due to them receiving shipment late, which is fine.

Anyway. Asked for Mario Kart 7 for Christmas so this is my "big game". Friends list has become a "torture list" since I can see everyone playing it now :laughing

Downside is that everyone will have a 3 week head start to practice :cry:

My mate preordered the red console from GAME and it arrived the Thursday. Yeah they do tend to do a good job with games though. I only really order with them coz of the points. Thinking about using the points I have for the release of the Vita or WiiU. :hehe:

@welsh_gamer thanks for the games last night - I joined your session in progress - twas great fun, you're rather skilled btw :) hope to race you again soon.

It was great. The 2 hour session (or was it 3 :heh: ) I had online with the game last night flew by! Will be hoping for more of the same tonight.

i joined @welsh_gamer & @RedShell yesterday, had some good races! MK7 is an absolute blast, ive also suffered from the spiney shell right at the death meaning i ended 5th when i was 1st!

cant wait to play you guys!

Edited by -Dem0-

@Welshgamer Did you have any issues going online? I keep getting errors although I have - just now - got into half a race online.

Amazon have posted mine this morning so I hope to have it by Saturday at least as I only went with free delivery when I ordered it a few months ago :heh: Im can barely wait, though.. I think it's gonna be amazing :yay:

November has been the best month I have had in a couple of years so Mario Kart 7 should ensure that December is a brilliant follow up :grin:

I thought Game always got pre-orders out a day early? I don't think they've ever let me down.

Hee Hee! I got it! :laughing:

Best 3DS game to date?... Hell yeah! :bouncy:

Seriously, if this one doesn't get those people that "have something wrong with them" :heh: to buy a 3DS, then nothing will.

Like who...? :indeed:

Yeah it seems to be that way. :(

Anyway. Asked for Mario Kart 7 for Christmas so this is my "big game". :cry:

Likewise! My co-big game along with Skyward Sword. :santa:

Snowman, have you finally buckled and ordered a 3DS?!

Yeah, have you plumped for the white bundle too?! :D

Snowman, have you finally buckled and ordered a 3DS?!

Yeah, have you plumped for the white bundle too?! :D

Yeah, to hell with the Mazza Kart banter, this is the question that matters!

So....have you? :D

Good christ 50cc is slow lol

Let's be honest: the only reason any of us do 50cc and 100cc is to make the single player last longer.

Got it today, another hit for the Mario Kart series in my books, I just a few minutes ago joined the N-Europe community so hoping for good times ahead.

It's probably a bit late to tell you now, but the Benelux version of MK7 is completely in English, with Dutch as an option. I have the Benelux-version, and while the box and flyer-manual are in Dutch, if your 3DS has English as defaukt language, there won't be a Dutch word to be found. Usually all game have Dutch as an option... except for Professor Layton, which is unbearable in Dutch.

Yeah I saw on my 3DS you were playing mario kart! Jealous :) So, spill the beans, what do you think?

And... I'm terribly late. Again.

Well, I think everything has already been said. Personally, I think it's the best MK to date. By the time you read this, chances are you've played it for yourself already. ;)

I've been racing with some of you lot. Great fun! :p