NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 7

Have you guys been on a media blackout for this game? Maple Treeway footage starts at 1:36. ;)

God, I was half way through that trailer before I remembered it's on the 3DS.

More info

Even with 3D turned off you're still going to have to tilt your head with the steering wheel!

Unless its really sensitive/you don't need to actually tilt it that much, just a few degrees either way.

Managed to have two very brief stints on this today.....now....I did not play much however, this has some serious serious potential to be the best Mario Kart ever. Its a bit obvious anyway, but its there.

DLC tracks plz.

DLC tracks plz.

Might be nice, but I don't think it'll happen. Any ideas they have for good new tracks they can work into the next Mario Kart for the WiiU instead. ;)

Two more characters reveaped; Honey Queen and Wiggler, I'll admit, I never expected them. This probably means no waluigi, even though I never play as him.

I wont be suprised if I see 7 wigglers racing online in the 1st race!

Im happy that kalimari desert is in this one of my all time favs!

Waluigi will DEFINITELY be in this game. SURELY!?

I don't like the fact everyone is saying this could be the best mario kart yet. I don't want to be disappointed, and also every time someone says I can feel time slowing down...

Two more characters reveaped; Honey Queen and Wiggler, I'll admit, I never expected them. This probably means no waluigi, even though I never play as him.

I wont be suprised if I see 7 wigglers racing online in the 1st race!

Im happy that kalimari desert is in this one of my all time favs!

Honey Queen is an odd choice, but it just makes me wonder more and more which characters they will drop, or if they'll drop any at all?

Has Wario even been confirmed?

Edited by Fused King

Why are they so afraid of using characters like Wart or Tatanga? People will know who they are now because of the Virtual Console. Metal Mario is such a joke of a character... like... what... is it?

He is the metal version of Mario.

I agree though....the way I see it is that....there is absolutely no reason for the character roster to be gargantuan. Have everyone ever.

He is the metal version of Mario.

I agree though....the way I see it is that....there is absolutely no reason for the character roster to be gargantuan. Have everyone ever.

My thoughts exactly.

If there are only three classes (Small, Medium, Big) than those are the 'polygon-skeletons' you can paste everyone on to.

Btw Wario is a confirmed character. I agree on the metal mario subject, its just mario dipped in liquid metal... another new character should have been included instead!

Metal Mario is cheap, just as bad as Doctor Mario in SSBB. He's still Mario FFS!

Still, Dry Bowser = Worst Character ever! Isn't even a Mario character and yet gets into the MK series before the likes of Shy Guy/The Koopa's/Kamek etc...

Queen Bee is MK3DS' Petey Piranna I imagine then!

Metal Mario is cheap, just as bad as Doctor Mario in SSBB. He's still Mario FFS!

Still, Dry Bowser = Worst Character ever! Isn't even a Mario character and yet gets into the MK series before the likes of Shy Guy/The Koopa's/Kamek etc...

Queen Bee is MK3DS' Petey Piranna I imagine then!

modea04_070824b-l.jpg

Petey Piranha was the best thing to ever happen to the Mario Kart series!

Not this Queen Bee thing..

Edited by Fused King

Still, Baby Daisy = Worst Character ever! Isn't even a Mario character and yet gets into the MK series before the likes of Shy Guy/The Koopa's/Kamek etc...

Fixed. Dry Bowser at least appeared in a Mario game before MK Wii.

Petey Piranha was the best thing to ever happen to the Mario Kart series!

Not this Queen Bee thing..

You're wrong, but at least you're enthusiatic! ;)
Fixed. Dry Bowser at least appeared in a Mario game before MK Wii.
Did he?!! What game is he in?... I thought they just made him up for MK Wii, with maybe some nod to what happens with Bowser + Lava.

Did he?!! What game is he in?... I thought they just made him up for MK Wii, with maybe some nod to what happens with Bowser + Lava.

New Super Mario Bros

Wiggler is a stupid character to have and makes no sense. Where the fuck is Kamek at

WTH? is that pic of wiggler from a past tennis? Or is it made up? But it emphasises the point of bad character choices.

Perhaps nintendo are introducing these characters now, so gamers can get use to them when they're included in future titles.

Wiggler in SSBD. :heh:

Wow, bizarre character choices there. :o

An all Wiggler race on Maple Treeway would be fun though. :grin:

WTH? is that pic of wiggler from a past tennis? Or is it made up? But it emphasises the point of bad character choices.

Perhaps nintendo are introducing these characters now, so gamers can get use to them when they're included in future titles.

Wiggler in SSBD. :heh:

Wiggler is playable in Mario Power Tennis for GameCube.

I actually like it that they included him, though how on earth can he fit in a standard kart? He must have his own, longer custom kart:heh:

I found it quite amusing though, that NINTENDO consistently finds these kind of 'off-characters' to put in Mario Kart instead of going for the more known and bigger names who haven't gotten the chance:laughing:

Wow, bizarre character choices there. :o

An all Wiggler race on Maple Treeway would be fun though. :grin:

The league next year will have an all Wiggler race on Maple Treeway. Confirmed

Just reading an article on the IGN site about the 3DS

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/121/1211055p2.html

This part got my interest

The 3DS marks a huge leap forward for Nintendo's online strategies, proof that the company does indeed listen to its fans. Mario Kart 7, in particular, flaunts the most robust set of online features we've ever seen from a Nintendo game. In addition to standard multiplayer fare - allowing players to match up against friends and random players, collect ghost data, etcetera - Mario Kart 7 will be introducing online communities. These allow players to create highly customizable play groups, setting parameters for things like which karts, power-ups and tracks can be used during that community's matches.

Each community will have its own set of leaderboards, which will be updated and tracked online. Once a community is created, players will be able to share it with friends via a special code. Communities will also be tracked online, with the 100 most popular appearing on a special Mario Kart channel. The inclusion of such a customizable and in-depth online component is practically unheard of for Nintendo, but it's a great sign of things to come.

The possibilities for the N-E league nights are endless.

The N-E community will definitely be one of the 100 most popular.

There are some pretty big omissions within Mario Kart series, but who doesn't think they'll release a track pack and extra characters this time round? They've not really put themselves in the position of doing so in previous games, but with 3DS having the store updated for DLC right before its release, I can see them milking the game with new characters and tracks. They have got everything in place this time round (along with some heavy pressure from investors). And where better to start with DLC than our beloved MK?

I will be delighted to break my forum-avoidance-disposition to take part in some MK7 N-E action. Just don't get too good at it til Christmas.

There are some pretty big omissions within Mario Kart series, but who doesn't think they'll release a track pack and extra characters this time round? They've not really put themselves in the position of doing so in previous games, but with 3DS having the store updated for DLC right before its release, I can see them milking the game with new characters and tracks. They have got everything in place this time round (along with some heavy pressure from investors). And where better to start with DLC than our beloved MK?

Nah, it makes too much sense. :D