NEurope
Retro_Link

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

What's wrong with Partners in Time? I quite enjoyed it.

What's wrong with it? It's awful, for one thing. :heh:

Way too linear, overly complicated mechanics with the extra characters, boring level design, uninteresting villains, significantly less funny story/characters... It just lacks soul and pales in comparison to the other games in the series. :hmm:

emot-fappery.gif

All this new stuff is at least worth a mountain of fap!

emot-fappery.gif

emot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gif

emot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gif

emot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gif

emot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gifemot-fappery.gif

Recently started a replay of Super Paper Mario with a friend.

The wit and story still kicks a whole lot of koopa shell:D

(Which cannot be said for the gameplay:( )

Recently started a replay of Super Paper Mario with a friend.

You're a horrible friend. :p

I'm not sure if it's been confirmed or not, but at this point it looks natural to me to assume Mario is going solo in this title. I haven't seen a single piece of media with any partners. Well, nothing in combat anyway.

To be honest I dont get the feeling it looks story heavy either...

Edited by James McGeachie

I'm not sure if it's been confirmed or not, but at this point it looks natural to me to assume Mario is going solo in this title. I haven't seen a single piece of media with any partners. Well, nothing in combat anyway.

Really? I've seen trailers featuring a Chain Chomp helper and some sort of "UFO lookalike" helper.

Also, this game looks brilliant.

Really? Fighting alongside Mario in battles?

Oh sorry, I missed that part :heh: No, they've not been shown in combat.

It would be weird for Mario to have helpers in the overworld, but not in battle, though.

I get what you mean.

We haven't seen any dialogue or intriguing new characters yet, just a lot of clever gameplay elements which will probably look awesome in 3D.

Perhaps this is what has been chosen to be shown; elements that highlight the main focus of the 3DS. I can't imagine a Paper Mario game without witty dialogue, worlds worth exploring, and characters with there own set of traits.

It's still Paper Mario and it's still a more than worthy purchase for me.

It's the biggest reason for me to own a 3DS, anyway:D

Oh sorry, I missed that part :heh: No, they've not been shown in combat.

It would be weird for Mario to have helpers in the overworld, but not in battle, though.

It'd also be weird for absolutely all the game's media to conveniently miss out having partners in battle. :/

I get the feeling when he's being followed by other characters it's more of a temporary thing and they may just be random npc's.

It'd also be weird for absolutely all the game's media to conveniently miss out having partners in battle. :/

I get the feeling when he's being followed by other characters it's more of a temporary thing and they may just be random npc's.

Random NPCs with unusually sweet designs, I'll say :heh:

Really, they probably just want to highlight what's new about Paper Mario, with the new battle options/tricks and new type of puzzles. I'm sure the partners will still be there.

c_l1316526474_16.jpg

c_l1316526474_0.jpg

Have we seen the inventory before? Paper Mario games always have a limited inventory, looks like this one will have one of those ones where you have to fit your items in.

Also: snow! :santa:

Edited by darksnowman

That inventory system reminds me a bit of the sticker system from Brawl. I always like those tetris style inventory management designs, which is probably also why I like Infinite Space so much. This game is looking really really good.

Any game with snow is an absolute winner in my eyes :D

I'm usually of this opinion too :heh:Monster Hunter Tri had snow, though, and I wasn't interested in getting far enough to see it :indeed:

The locations in this look very nice.. I can't wait to play it :hehe:

That inventory system reminds me a bit of the sticker system from Brawl. I always like those tetris style inventory management designs, which is probably also why I like Infinite Space so much. This game is looking really really good.

Reminds me of Fragile on the Wii which is a great game. It took me a minute to notice that its actually some sort of sticker book theme in this iteration of Paper Mario - I thought they'd taken the suitcase idea from Mario & Luigi.

Any game with snow is an absolute winner in my eyes :D

Oh so true! Gorilla Glacier... Frosty Village... :love:

I'm usually of this opinion too :heh:Monster Hunter Tri had snow, though, and I wasn't interested in getting far enough to see it :indeed:

Any excuse to have a dig...

Any excuse to have a dig...

..bah.. every post you make is dripping with your Metroid hate :nono: Even that one :heh:

Edited by nekunando

Doesn't look like we're getting party members, then. :sad:

Looks good, though. Much more charming than Super Paper Mario.

I would have much prefered a platformer like the awesome Super Paper Mario

I thought this looked really good and easily one of the highlights of the conference. Great graphical style as ever, an interesting sticker system and the music sounded top notch too. Can't wait for it this winter!

I wish we had a dislike button. :heh:

I've often looked for an unthank button.

You could always just thank posts and then take it back after a while!

Doesn't look like we're getting party members, then. :sad:

Looks good, though. Much more charming than Super Paper Mario.

What if you get stickers who ARE your party members? ;)