NEurope
Retro_Link

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Cool this looks good I cant wait.

Now that I got the 3DS I thoroughly SECOND this statement!

Colourful games FTW!

Now that I got the 3DS I thoroughly SECOND this statement!

Colourful games FTW!

The only reason that I didn't get the 3DS yet is because this isn't out yet :laughing:

That trailer is quite in line with Kirby's Epic Yarn, but it looks to be an epic adventure none the less....

Still no witty dialogue though :(

^ So you bump the thread when there's no news, and yet there's a new trailer and you're a day late posting in this thread! You should be asshamed of yourself! :p

^ So you bump the thread when there's no news, and yet there's a new trailer and you're a day late posting in this thread! You should be asshamed of yourself! :p

Give a guy a break man!

I had rough times cleaning up after the Bukake sensation: peace:

Looks like classic paper Mario. Can't be faulted!

The only thing that caught my eye was the animation. It's more in like with the N64-edition instead of the GC-editions. Which is a bit of a shame, especially since there's no reason why it shouldn't be technically possible. It's a small detail, but still.

The part with the parachuting bob-ombs (parabob-ombs?) will look great in 3D.

I thought the lava looked good too as did some of those battle moves towards the end, like scissors. I preferred how Mario went down pipes in TTYD.

Does Paper Mario going handheld mean Mario & Luigi hopping over to the Wii U...?

Does Paper Mario going handheld mean Mario & Luigi hopping over to the Wii U...?

FUSED KING's THOUGHTS TIME!

I'd like to know a speculative answer from you guys regarding the following question:

Now that Paper Mario is getting the handheld treatment, could we be seeing the Mario&Luigi series appearing on a console in the near future!??!?

Also, ...

Does anyone know what Alphadream is currently concocting?

I certainly like to see that happen for a change!

Looks like classic paper Mario. Can't be faulted!

The only thing that caught my eye was the animation. It's more in line with the N64-edition instead of the GC-editions. Which is a bit of a shame, especially since there's no reason why it shouldn't be technically possible. It's a small detail, but still.

I'd have to disagree with you there, my good sir.

N64

mariorpg_790screen021.jpg

3DS

3DS_PaperMario4.jpg

Especially when you look at Mario, he definitely looks like the 2 latest iterations of the series, instead of the N64 Mario.

I'd have to disagree with you there, my good sir.

N64

mariorpg_790screen021.jpg

3DS

3DS_PaperMario4.jpg

Especially when you look at Mario, he definitely looks like the 2 latest iterations of the series, instead of the N64 Mario.

I see your point, my King, but while the assets indeed are more like the latest incarnations, the animation of them is more N64-version-like. You have to see it moving to see it. It looks great nonetheless, though.

Compare the animation on the sprites with both the N64- and GC-editions.

N64:

GC:

I prefer the N64 style of animation - it's cuter and somehow more 'papery' :) I think the balance of styles they've found in the 3DS version is just right. Somehow to me, Thousand Year Door and particularly Super Paper Mario looked more plastic and lost some of the simple charm of the original (tho I still love both!). It's also clear that the music is harking back to a more classic mode as well. This can only be a good thing.

Using a still picture to judge the animation style? That makes so much sense ;)

Heh, sorry, I now know that there is a distinction between animation and visuals:laughing:

I've not completed Paper Mario 64 yet; I think I got a little bored as it felt like I'd played it before: TTYD.

It wont stop me picking this up if it's any good though. Isn't it supposed to be out before Christmas?

Maybe I'll pick up a 3DS before Christmas if this, Icarus (and Mercenaries) are good - and I have the funds.

This game looks great in the trailer!

Some of the 3D didn't seem to work all that great where you might expect, like the parachuting bob-ombs etc... but it just gives such a crisp, layered look to the game!

Very much looking forward to it!

Yeah it looked great can't wait to get it and when does it come out?

I was very happy with the trailer. The paper art style really works well with the 3D layers and the rest of the visuals are nice and crisp too. Hopefully the trademark dialogue will live up to its reputation.

Anyone else notice the 3D turns itself off for a few seconds during a battle about halfway through the trailer or so? This just an oversight, or something to do with the gameplay I wonder?

Cool trailer! How similar is this game to Superstar Saga/Bowsers Inside Story etc?

They're eerily similar. They both have some exploration and platforming. The battle systems are similar and require timing in both series (there's less focus on dodging attacks in Paper Mario, though). They both have a lot of humor. Other than the graphics, the differences are slight.

The badge system is better/more developed in Paper Mario, and obviously you only control Mario outside battles. The Paper Mario games tend to be split into chapters with a new area per chapter and don't have the same sort of Zelda-esque overworld as Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story, though you're allowed to go back and search for anything you may have missed.

If you like one series, you'll probably like the other (Partners in Time and Super Paper Mario excluded).

Anyone else notice the 3D turns itself off for a few seconds during a battle about halfway through the trailer or so? This just an oversight, or something to do with the gameplay I wonder?

Yes, I noticed it just now!

It's the part where the goombas are getting folded, and then cut themselves loose from the screen in a square.

I am intrigued.