NEurope
Dante

E3 2010 Nintendo Conference

Best conference Nintendo's done in years. Microsoft must be pissed after their crappy show yesterday. Be interesting to see what Sony have up their sleeve!

I missed quite a bit because the feed kept lagging. Donkey Kong Country looked awesome.

Great conference, it seems bizarre that they just had a conference with Zelda, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid and Kid Icarus.

And the 3DS has just killed any chance the PSP had. Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid?? And Take Two on board as well.

Great year of gaming ahead!

By the looks of it, 3rd parties are actually going to make some decent efforts on Nintendo hardware this time. - I hope!

Superb. Few sales stats, mostly wall-to-wall games. I feel satisfied.

I'm definitely going to be taking a good look into the 3DS, it does impress me quite so. But, will it be 3D in-wards or out-wards. Reggie was saying it is near impossible to show on the screen, so i may be putting a guess on in-ward 3D which would expand the gaming words ten-fold. If the 3D is out-wards e.g. projected out, then i think the stylus control would be useless. The only way i see the 3D being good on the DS is if it goes in-wards.

Off topic, but sticking to 3D. 3D with glasses sucks big-style. Thats the 3D out-wards, something which wouldn't relax me at all after a hard-days work and all i want to do is watch a film or TV, (have to put glasses on just to watch the TV) and it makes me lean back in suspence. No thanks!!!.

Zelda, hmm. Will need some work to impress me more, but it does look promising mind.

Donkey Kong. Always good to see the big ape, nice to see a return for the Wii.

Goldeneye, again nice to see it return finally. Looks like Nintendo have taken their middle fingers and told Microsoft and Rare to swivel on it.

My expectations are usually pretty low so I was suitably impressed. Lots of core games, little time devoted to casual games.

I'm glad they didn't leave Zelda until the end.

excellent show.. really felt like it was for gamers again..

no demonstrations of casual games that not I would mind one more two.

Now that's how you do a conference! So many 'Holy crap' moments from me and colleagues. Literally couldn't believe some of the stuff shown. Really, really good showing from Nintendo. I'm not seeing Sony outdoing this easily.

Anyone else watching the Iwata talks stream right now on Nintendo's E3 site? Quite interesting on Zelda about holding a sword still to power it up.

Lack of Vitality Sensor in the conference :heh:

I wasn't that impressed with Zelda either, but then again, we've hardly seen anything and no doubt the hype meter will explode when the release date gets closer and closer.

I think the only way Sony can top it is if they show PSP 2 as something... impossible.

Anyone else watching the Iwata talks stream right now on Nintendo's E3 site? Quite interesting on Zelda about holding a sword still to power it up.

Lack of Vitality Sensor in the conference :heh:

On http://e3.nintendo.com ?

It won't work for me.

I think the only way Sony can top it is if they show PSP 2 as something... impossible.

They're probably drumming up a '4D Gaming' tagline as we speak.

The first 30 minutes of the conference were embarassing in a lot of ways, mainly because of how poorly Zelda worked onstage.

From Epic Mickey onwards the conference was great.

I thought overall it was a good conference. The actual gameplay of the big titles was lacking, but the announcements themselves were nice. After development time they could be quite amazing.

Kid Icarus looked terrible, if you look at it honestly you can only hope they give it an overhaul.

OtherM had a nice trailer, Zelda was a bit iffy. I don't think it's established itself yet as we weren't given a story direction with proper environments that would let us know what the game would bring to the table over its predecessors.

Kirby looked pretty Rad.

Can't say I've played 'Country before, don't kill me, but it looked quite nice for a 2.5D platformer. Nothing that excited me for that game though, I guess I'd have to be a fan.

Well....Nintendo just won, everyone else can go home.

I think even if Sony can present a better conference than Nintendo, it won't really matter, Nintendo's was good either way.

Shigsy mentioned Starfox on 3DS.

I knew it! :D Starfox 3DS simply has to happen.

Much better show had something for everyone. Unlike MS they didnt forget core gamers. Seeing Kirby and DK again was most welcome! after Mario Bros i forsee these being huuuge.

Having said that Nintendo didnt address any weaknesses. Cant say i am super hyped for any game(ok maybe DK) however as i am not a big Wii or DS fan. Its business as usual. Strong usual Nintendo made games, not much else. Same names and franchises for the past 15 years.

3DS looked very good but not a big change that Nintendo themselves hyped. The graphics are outdated for a new console. It still didnt look as good as PSP at all. So from a games point of view i am not too bothered.

Overall it felt like Nintendo were the industry leader and did more than enough to stave off MS's new casual direction. Once 3DS comes out it will be bigger than Natal no matter how much cash MS throw at it.

Edited by Choze

I couldn't get the feed on e3.nintendo.com to load for me once. I watched it on GT (but had to refresh a few times as I kept getting an echo) and thought it was a very strong showing indeed. I thought it was interesting that for the Wii the main attraction is 2D games- not that I'm complaining.

I thought overall it was a good conference. The actual gameplay of the big titles was lacking, but the announcements themselves were nice. After development time they could be quite amazing.

Kid Icarus looked terrible, if you look at it honestly you can only hope they give it an overhaul.

OtherM had a nice trailer, Zelda was a bit iffy. I don't think it's established itself yet as we weren't given a story direction with proper environments that would let us know what the game would bring to the table over its predecessors.

Kirby looked pretty Rad.

Can't say I've played 'Country before, don't kill me, but it looked quite nice for a 2.5D platformer. Nothing that excited me for that game though, I guess I'd have to be a fan.

Well if you can be arsed, you can download it off the Virtual console. It's one of the best games I've played. As many here will tell you.

Nintendo ticked all the boxes in terms of new games for their franchises, but nothing really standing out to me. I've played GoldenEye and Donkey Kong years ago!

Kojima once again banging on about another Metal Gear. Will this one be your last one too? Laughed my ass off when the crowd laughed at Saints Row on DS. That promotional video was pretty funny too when Reggie got set a light by Koopa.

They made 3DS sound like PSP, iPhone and DS all-in-one. And no, I'm not going to watch 3D movies on a 4-inch screen..

Well if you can be arsed, you can download it off the Virtual console. It's one of the best games I've played. As many here will tell you.

Would if I could man :/

I couldn't get the feed on e3.nintendo.com to load for me once. I watched it on GT (but had to refresh a few times as I kept getting an echo) and thought it was a very strong showing indeed. I thought it was interesting that for the Wii the main attraction is 2D games- not that I'm complaining.

I was using Google Chrome to view it and it didn't work.

I just tried Internet Explorer and it works!

Can someone please provide me with a link to view a replay of the conference, gametrailers seems to be down :(