NEurope
Dante

E3 2010 Nintendo Conference

Don't start that again...

agreed...

there is no timeline because nintendo don't give a shit about timelines.. just enjoy the games.

You knew link would fly? :) you know we only got 1 poster of the game before this.

It just made sense though. Even more so now as he would need some way of getting back above the clouds.

Doesn't necessarily mean that we'll be able to control his method of flight though.

I'm not trying to start anything. In fact, I'd really rather not debate the Zelda timeline at all.

agreed...

there is no timeline because nintendo don't give a shit about timelines.. just enjoy the games.

Actually, there's apparently a document in Nintendo's headquarters that details the timeline. According to one of the Nintendo executives.

Posted 6:55 PST

Miyamoto says the item selection process may be unfamiliar, but once players are used to it, it will feel comfortable.

Posted 6:54 PST

He said that Skyward Sword will make item management and changing clothes much easier and more streamlined.

He says the 3DS version will make this process much easier.

He apologizes for the long time it took to change out of iron boots going through the Water Temple.

Posted 6:53 PST

He asks how many people have played Ocarina of Time. ALL the hands go up.

Posted 6:52 PST

He said they also want to change the typical structure of Zelda games with Skyward Sword.

Posted 6:50 PST

Aouma said the new, exaggerated art style helps in this process. "If we had kept the Twilight Princess art style, we'd be done already!"

Posted 6:49 PST

He said the Wii MotionPlus offers such precision that players have to pay close attention to the enemies. For instance, the demonstrator is fighting a scorpion, and must hit its claws at specific angles.

Posted 6:47 PST

Miyamoto said he's a big fan of Impressionist Art, so the new art style reflects that. He said Cezanne was a big influence.

Posted 6:47 PST

Apparently Miyamoto was such a fan of the art style the approval process took one step.

Yay to this stuff.

It just made sense though. Even more so now as he would need some way of getting back above the clouds.

Doesn't necessarily mean that we'll be able to control his method of flight though.

no i meant WAY before we heard the heard the word sky lol. somewhere after spirit tracks but oh well.

Its the only place link has left to go... next into SPACE!

By Ooccas in Skyloft. :p

Aonuma said link might fly in a future game right around when spirit tracks came out.

Well i guess that about does it it for today. Words cannot describe how awesome nintendo have been today.

No Pikmin 3 :(

Posted 7:11 PST

"Rest assured, though, we are very hard at work on Pikmin."

Posted 7:11 PST

He then laughed, and said hey didn't want to bring Pikmin here because the other games would distract from it.

Posted 7:10 PST

Even though he apparently promised it at this very event 3 years ago.

He laughs off the questions, saying he was misquoted by a British newspaper.

Next reporter says his intern is wondering where Pikmin 3 is, since he apparently mentioned it.

Posted 7:08 PST

Miyamoto says they have increased the number of music staff at Nintendo to write more songs.

Posted 7:07 PST

Third questioner asks whether or not Skyward Sword will have an original orchestral score or maybe even voice acting.

According to IGN's version Zelda SS is to have orchestral music. :)

Will Zelda have orchestral music and/or voice acting? We can't do what we did in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and not move forward and do the same thing in Zelda. We have people on staff looking forward to getting to work on that.
Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Brilliant news about orchestral music.

Aonuma says that recent Zeldas have been focusing on things like story and dungeons. Skyward will instead simply focus on "fun".

This really worries me though.

"fun" by itself is what Mario is for. This is Zelda.

You knew link would fly? :) you know we only got 1 poster of the game before this.

Aunoma hinted at flying last year. We were all discussing on earlier pages what form this would take.

agreed...

They may not care as much as Zelda fanboys, but in terms of more modern Zelda games, they're definitely paying a lot more attention to where the games fit in with the rest, chronologically.

Okay silly questions time. :hmm:

Edit: Roundtable is over.

Edited by Dante

I wonder if there purpously making it so games seem to fit into multiple places just to troll us.

The HUD one needed to be asked. That was actually the one thing I didn't like about the demo this morning.

The story of Skyward Sword sounds like the prequel to The Minish Cap.

People need to give up on this idea of placing the games.

They come up with gameplay concepts and craft the story around them. They don't let the idea of FITTING IN WITH THE TIMELINE limit their creative potential at all.

Sure, it "kind of" works with some games like OOT, WW, PH and ST. That's only because on that one "timeline" it was actually deliberate.

Then comes games like TP where Ganondorf looks at Link like he's never met him before.

The only person that hated this conference is

: "...I always feel a little bit dissapointed when I'm playing these mature titles on Nintendo platforms I feel like I could just get so much more if I was playing it on a different system."

~ when asked about her opinion regarding the possible mature titles currently being used as tech demos by 3rd-Party developers on the new Nintendo 3DS

Interviews on Nintendo E3 site.

Konami's Hideo Kojima on 3DS

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Wow...

now that was a great e3 for Nintendo.

Kid Icarus, Starfox, Pilot Wings, Metal Gear, Resident Evil all for 3DS

Kirby, Donkey Kong & Zelda shown for Wii.

and Goldeneye and Epic Mickey look brilliant.

simply brilliant! Good Work Nintendo :)

Wow, Nintendo really stole the show this year, especially with the reception the 3DS has been getting. But where was the vitality sensor?

Then comes games like TP where Ganondorf looks at Link like he's never met him before.

Well, he hasn't really. He's only met the previous link.

While debating the timeline is somewhat useless, as everyone has different opinions on it, not even acknowledging that it exists is a different story. There actually is a timeline that the Zelda teams have fit the games into. This has actually been confirmed by Nintendo. Its just we're probably never going to see it.