NEurope
Dante

E3 2010 Nintendo Conference

It wasn't Nintendo's fault the Zelda demo messed up. Kotaku and others got to play it and they were fine with the controls. Something was obviously interfering...you could see it with Epic Mickey too

Gamers always need to have a reason to complain about something in a Zelda game, God knows why. :heh:

Wasn't the premier Wind Waker demo a bit 'unperfect' as well?

The game has what a lot of people have been holding out for - Wind Waker styling in a more 'adult' world - people should be fangasming.

That, and Pikmin 3. I have a feeling we'll still see Pikmin yet, but the Vitality Sensor not showing makes me think they've decided to get rid of it. It was something they seemed to be really pushing last year, and to not even mention it seems a little bit odd.

i give it a solid 6/10

Zelda looked clumsy

3DS was underwhelming

couldn't give a shit about Wii Party, Mario Sports or Nintendogs 3D

DKC though, man that looked great.

I would like to grade the conference a B+ but the start was ruined by the zelda tech demo...(Miyamoto's entrance was legendary) Still must rate the performance above average (B) Some solid games shown and a remade shooter thrown in for good measure.

With barely any videos of 3DS gameplay I look forward to impressions from the show floor.

i wonder what happened to the vitality sensor

From the start I was entertained ... yet totally forgot about this, I wonder if it will be used with the next WII. Maybe depending on the next years achievements.

It...died?

:heh:

I wonder if Nintendo actually listened and scrapped it?

Perhaps that's why Ubisoft have had to bring out their own device instead of waiting?

What about epic mickey, kirby, metroid other M

you know they couldnt show off the 3ds properly.

I lolled at Epic Mickey, not enough people will get the joke unfortunately :laughing:

Epic mickey looked like mickey mania on the steam oat willie level. Awesome retro vibe and I was very impressed by the graphics. The smee model looked great.

I really enjoyed the conference. Easily the best since 2006. Yes, zedla's tech demo was dissapointing, but shigsy isn't stupid and openly admitted they were having issues. I'm sure the guys over at IGN will sort us out with another demo later. There were another 1 or 2 games that lacked my interest, mainly wii party and mickey. But from the moment when Kirby, metroid other M and Donkey kong country were shown, I realised why I fell in love with Nintendo in the 1st place. The 3ds looked amazing. The graphics were that good on Kid Icarus I thought that it was actualy a wii game.

It wouldn't render in 3D

The two things that were almost 100% confirmed to be there, Vitality Sensor and Pikmin 3, weren't.

Though having a new Donkey Kong game and that epic looking Kirby game, I don't care.

Don't forget the secret behind the scenes conference (or whatever it is called) takes place at 2am GMT and thats when stuff like new Zelda, Pikmin 3 etc have been confirmed in the past.

Right, now we know what to wait for: F-Zero, Fire Emblem and Advance Wars!:laughing:

Absolutely awesome show,

but when O WHEN, ....

Will we get the 3DS

And remember, there were no videos of the 3DS because we simply wouldn't see the 3D from it.

The conference was freaking ace.

So we have..

-Zelda (an unfinished build perhaps, but ffs it's watercolour-shaded!!!)

-Metroid (looks better and better)

-Donkey Kong (no words, except to say, Retro are now officially the new Rare ;))

-Kirby (utterly beautiful, ingenious style, spiritual successor to Yoshi's Island?)

-Epic Mickey (vastly improved, promising gameplay)

-Paper Mario 4

-Kid Icarus

-Pilotwings Resort (on Wuhu Island :D)

-Street Fighter IV 3D

-Metal Gear Solid 3D

-Mario Kart

-Star Fox

-Animal Crossing

-Resident Evil Revelations

Wireless glitches notwithstanding, top marks all round. LOADS of great announcements. Can't wait to try 3DS.

The most exciting showing from Nintendo in years really.

Fire Emblem

We have Fire Emblem who cares if it's a remake?

Damn why isn't there a video of the conference yet? I want to see all the games at once. I saw Zelda sneakily whilst at work, then I had to drive home straight after that. I know a lot of vids are out there now, but I want to watch the conference itself first :heh:

Gamespot has been "encoding" for about 3 hours.

Damn why isn't there a video of the conference yet? I want to see all the games at once. I saw Zelda sneakily whilst at work, then I had to drive home straight after that. I know a lot of vids are out there now, but I want to watch the conference itself first :heh:

Gamespot has been "encoding" for about 3 hours.

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3/livefeed/nintendo

Skip to 1 hour.

Just watched it myself, fantastic conference. A whole lot better than the shit we've seen over the passed two years.

Loads of quality games shown and some really exciting news about 3DS. I loved the presentation of everything, it had that Nintendo charm and the video with Shigsy and Iwata going into the 3DS was ace.

I can't believe Nintendo pulled this one out.

As a point of debate, how do people feel about the winter line up? DKC, Kirby and Epic Mickey look incredible. But they're 3 platformers...

If only Zelda could have made it...

Wasn't the premier Wind Waker demo a bit 'unperfect' as well?

From what I remember, an item that was needed to progress through the level simply vanished.

It's heart stopped beating.

In WW demo, it was in the Dragon Rooster island temple, the item from an enemy you needed to break the wooden barracade got thrown and missed and slide under a rock.