NEurope
Dante

E3 2010 Nintendo Conference

I believe that Nintnedo have explained how all the in-house developed (i.e. not Minish Cap or Oracle games) since OoT fit together.

Technically, Gannondorf in TP never met Link as he and Zelda managed to convince the king that he was evil - which resulted in the execution scene.

For Me, Nintendo 'won' this E3, just as Sony had in '09. They had the best conference overall, and was the most fun to watch and had the best news to tell. The best Nintendo conference in years, even though that's not saying much. And not a Cammy in sight! :D

Well played! : peace:

Indeed. There isn't an official timeline with all the Zelda games. Not even in Nintendo, just what Cube said.

I'm pretty sure either Miyamoto or Aonuma said that they had a document detailing the timeline. I'll see if I can find the interview latter.

Edit 1:

I haven't found the interview, but this was taken from zeldapedia:

In any case, the creators maintain that the series has a set timeline, but due to the poor translation protocols in the 1990s and the constant debate over what counts as being canonical, the publicly available information is disputed and may not be reconciled any time soon. Eiji Aonuma has stated that he will do his best to connect the games together and hopefully reveal the timeline someday, and both he and Shigeru Miyamoto have publicly stated there is a master document containing the timeline.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Edit 2:

Its also noted here:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=16596

Edited by Emasher

But where was the vitality sensor?

Who cares?!

God damn it.

aoxg6.jpg

The Microsoft one I don't get, the Sony one's a rubbish joke, but the Reggie one's a classic :D

The Microsoft one I don't get, the Sony one's a rubbish joke, but the Reggie one's a classic :D

I heard there is some ESPN partnership for the 360 now, I take it they must have beem a bit clueless when it comes to sports when announcing it. :laughing:

GTV Feedback

Morgan Webb hates the conference and mentions that she loved Zelda:WW but bashed SMG 2 for being cartoony weeks

Anyone who hated the Nintendo conference has no soul. Fact!

GTV Feedback

Morgan Webb hates the conference and mentions that she loved Zelda:WW but bashed SMG 2 for being cartoony weeks

That's okay, she's a chick. Probably bleeding all over the booth.

Damn, you beat me to it.

Bill's face just does it for me. The lurking presence of Tiger Woods in the background is icing on the cake.

500x_miya4.jpg

Bill's face is truly priceless. Good call on Tiger Woods, I missed him on the first viewing!

What's that on Shigsy's head?

No way that's a lock of dreamy brown hair:laughing: Looks more like a perfectly cut-out paper thin tird.

That's okay, she's a chick. Probably bleeding all over the booth.

That sir, is Sexist.

And Funny.

What's that on Shigsy's head?

No way that's a lock of dreamy brown hair:laughing: Looks more like a perfectly cut-out paper thin tird.

It appears that Kinect is surrounded by a glass wall that the people were viewing through. I think the brown thing is stuck to the glass, and just looks like it's on Shigsy's head.

Bill's face is like, visible disgust. You can see the WTF written right on it. Shigsy's face, is a stonewall. Ain't no reading that.

I re-watched some of the press conference last night and is it just me or is Reggie acting like he's the messiah of the gaming industry.

"My friends, the answers are right here!" - Just before showing the Kirby trailer.

He also talks in riddles:

"And for the other millions of fans, golden has a completely different meaning!" - Just before showing the build up to the Goldeneye 007 trailer.

Haha, I'm still in high spirits. :grin:

The Penny Arcade comic and Shigeru's face is hilarious. good finds.

I loved the conference, it started off with a small smile and developed into an oversized insane grin as if the joker had taken to my face with a knife it was so wide.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, game after game delivery after delivery. Even the 3DS advert with Reggie getting burnt had me in stitches.

It reminded me why I love Nintendo so much and have done since I was a baby bear.

I WANT ALL THE GAMES/3DS! :yay:

I re-watched some of the press conference last night and is it just me or is Reggie acting like he's the messiah of the gaming industry.

"My friends, the answers are right here!" - Just before showing the Kirby trailer.

By the end of it, he certainly was as cool and calm as if he'd just won the world.

Probably not far off from the truth, mind.

Is there any way someone can summarise this into some choice quotes so we can be angered in a much more concise way?

I don't have quotes but perhaps the best thing to do is for all of us who watched it to wish/pray that we could get thouse 6 minutes and 10 seconds back of our lives.

Edited by Pookiablo

Is there any way someone can summarise this into some choice quotes so we can be angered in a much more concise way?

IGN asked questions, they were answered and then IGN circle jerked themselves because of how awesome IGN are.