Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

iPhone 4/iOS4

Dante

He was hoping to just buy a new iPhone but keep his contract (I believe) and I'd imagine they'll only send out microsims to those who are getting new contracts...although I suppose if you bought an i4 straight out they'd send one...surely?

Although you're aware that regardless of your current contract come October unlimited data is dead yeah Shorty?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well registering interest on the o2 they say they will be sending out microsims at some point between now and the phone coming out. So I assume they have no issues in people transferring onto a microsim. At the end of the day given a choice between picking up £20 a month on a sim only contract or nothing because the user has gone to another network they'd be mad not to.

Orange sent out emails saying they will contact people on the 15th when you can pre order. I'd think it would be very stupid of O2 to risk losing customers by not offering a pre order now.

If they don't I'm gonna go with Orange as long as they are similar on price etc.

A lot more details have surfaced on the iPhone 4 Tarriffs, answers a few questions

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html

finally know what I'm doing :)

Isn't this exactly what Ashley posted a little while back?

As for what that guy says, o2 will definitley be offering preorders on the 15th.

This whole thing to me seems insane, this is an iPhone, not the second coming of Christ, they're going to be very easy to get hold of no matter what exactly it is you want from your contract.

Just got a new and shiny iPhone 3GS and loving it. It was on one of the cheaper 12 month Tesco staff tariffs I made a topic about previously, but only just got round to getting it. The number of things I can now do has just increased by over...9000!

I'm in a weird position, because I need to wait ti the end of June to get my broken iphone through the insurers. I don't know what they'll swap it with but the iPhone 4 will be out by then so I expect a 3GS 16GB is what they'll give me. Fine as I only have a 3G so it's an upgrade.

Now I'd rather go on them excellent simplicity plans; but I want an iPhone 4. So I really need to know how much a 32G is going to cost; how much I'll get for the 3GS (actually this makes no difference whatsoever) and think about the best plan... I reckon if you can afford to buy an iPhone 4 outright, then it's probably best to do so.

Of you people selling your old iPhones (any version) how much are you looking for? My mother is considering one but I doubt she'd pay more than £250 (and if you think you can get more from that elsewhere fair enough)

Gonna contact Vodafone at some point this week and see what they can offer me upgrade-wise. Not too fussed though, so if they can't twist my arm then I might pick up a Dell Streak. Don't want to increase my line rental, but I'm happy to shell out for the handset. Not sure they'll bite though tbh.

My 3GS battery died by the time I finished work yesterday, it would usually be at about 70% (yes it was fully charged this morning). Coincidence or a part of Apple's diabolical plan to have my phone die right before the iPhone 4 is released?! :heh

Gonna contact Vodafone at some point this week and see what they can offer me upgrade-wise. Not too fussed though, so if they can't twist my arm then I might pick up a Dell Streak. Don't want to increase my line rental, but I'm happy to shell out for the handset. Not sure they'll bite though tbh.

I'm curious to do this, not really interested in changing my phone that much especially with the price they'll probably quote me for the upgrade.

£499 for the 16GB and £599 for the 32GB models from Apple.

Only black available at launch.

Spreadsheet to work out the cheapest options which I've just made up quickly.

No O2 pricing on the actual phone itself yet as far as I know.

---

Bloody hell, just seen the American pricing.

$199 for the 16GB and $299 for the 32GB.

How can Apple justify such a big difference?!

Edited by Charlie

And the Pre-Order Add to Basket button doesn't work yet x_x

Bloody hell, just seen the American pricing.

$199 for the 16GB and $299 for the 32GB.

How can Apple justify such a big difference?!

That's with a 24 month AT&T plan, the UK one is for the handset on its own. Still... it is a big difference. Edited by Shorty

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!