N-Europe

Election 2010 - Con/Lib Government

danny

Partly just through being sick of Labour, but partly because I think a more balanced Tory party with the Lib Dems calling some of the shots (and hopefully pushing things like electoral reform) might be a good thing. It'll mean re-examination of policies, without anything swinging too far one way, and might end up being line with my views (right on things like education, left on public funding and immigration). Plus it's what I predicted the outcome of the election would be a few weeks ago, so it'd be nice to be proven right.

Totally agree with this. I think a Tory/Lib Dem co-operation of some sort is by far the best thing that can happen.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm a Tory. I piss on the poor to maintain a better life for myself. I don't believe in a strong tax system because I drive a car and can afford Bupa healthcare. I don't feel like I should prop up state schools because I already pay £20K a year in private education fees. I know that crime may rise under a conservative government but I've heard great things about gated communities - so when I buy a house there and tune into Sky News I won't even have to acknowledge the poor's existence, except when my maid comes every Tuesday to iron my long-johns. I know I'll be safe in my middle management job in the financial sector because the poor are only really employed in the service sector or in industry. And if the worst does come to the worst, I'll have my inheritance and estate to fall back on.

Oh what's that, a different opinion? Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of Fox-hunting being legalised. My erection and subsequent smug sense of self superiority has now been exponentially increased because I can go out and ravage some innocent foxes for a lol and destroy the local countryside. Tally-ho eh, what.

I am, so awesome.

...Rant over. So glad these twats didn't win the election outright.

Hi, I'm a Tory. I piss on the poor to maintain a better life for myself. I don't believe in a strong tax system because I drive a car and can afford Bupa healthcare. I don't feel like I should prop up state schools because I already pay £20K a year in private education fees. I know that crime may rise under a conservative government but I've heard great things about gated communities - so when I buy a house there and tune into Sky News I won't even have to acknowledge the poor's existence, except when my maid comes every Tuesday to iron my long-johns. I know I'll be safe in my middle management job in the financial sector because the poor are only really employed in the service sector or in industry. And if the worst does come to the worst, I'll have my inheritance and estate to fall back on.

Oh what's that, a different opinion? Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of Fox-hunting being legalised. My erection and subsequent smug sense of self superiority has now been exponentially increased because I can go out and ravage some innocent foxes for a lol and destroy the local countryside. Tally-ho eh, what.

I am, so awesome.

Hey. There's not need to be insulting like that. Not all people who vote Conservative are like that at all.

I am, so awesome.

It's great to see regurgitated media/word of mouth opinion. Lemme guess; they eat poor people, amirite? Course they do. Your father says so.

I am, so awesome.

Hey. There's not need to be insulting like that. Not all people who vote Conservative are like that at all.

But the conservatives are like that. So why would you vote for them unless you yourself was like that?

Because they're brainless zombies doing what the media tells them to do?

So if I don't vote I'm wasting my voice, but if I vote for something you disagree with I'm a brainless zombie?

This is why I fucking hate politics and all this shit to be honest...

It's great to see regurgitated media/word of mouth opinion. Lemme guess; they eat poor people, amirite? Course they do. Your father says so.

Yah, they aren't necessarily the same stereotype anymore; I just can't stand the fact that they're still conservative w.r.t social issues such as sex education in schools, and funding of rape crisis clinics etc etc.

In some respects, I'm excited for this government, because they're will be lots of things to make noise about, re: LGBTQ/equality issues, and we can always use "You promised change!" argument.

So if I don't vote I'm wasting my voice, but if I vote for something you disagree with I'm a brainless zombie?

Well why would you vote tory unless you agree with their policies? (I assume you're not a brainless zombie?)

Just hate bitter poor people who spite anyone with money. Seriously, there are people who won't vote for Cameron simply because he has money and a good upbringing.

Edited by Sheikah

I voted Conservative because I agree with some of their policies even though they wont come to pass and I am sick of labour.

Am I rich? No

Was I in private education? No

Do I support fox hunting? No

Out of interest, which of their policies do you agree with?

He doesn't act posh though. Which means many people easily forget it.

Interestingly, when I first saw the "Step outside Posh Boy!" campaign, I thought it was against Gordon Brown, telling him to get out of number 10.

No one else seems to think he's posh though...?

He doesn't act posh though. Which means many people easily forget it.

Or maybe it's because he proposes policies that actually help poor people, such as £10000 tax free income; as opposed to policies such as lower inheritance tax for millionaire.

If you've thought about it, then you're obviously not a brainless zombie. I'm just saying that a large amount of Conservative voters only voted them because the front page of the papers told them to do so.

My father has voted conservative for 30 years. As did his father. Does my opinion mean I must be a poor person because I hate the Tories... amirite?

Well I'll be damned if If I've formed my own opinion after going through higher education. It was just a stereotypical rant, and the Tory policies prove they just haven't changed what so ever.

Edited by Nicktendo

If you've thought about it, then you're obviously not a brainless zombie. I'm just saying that a large amount of Conservative voters only voted them because the front page of the papers told them to do so.

Some papers suggested Lib Dems and Labour. Does that mean the people who voted for them are brainless zombies

Essentially, you shouldn't insult people based on who they voted for, regardless of if papers told them to or not. That was the reason I countered Nicktendo's post.

But if we can

One third of the population don't vote. Most of the ones that do are too dumb to know what they're doing.

Besides, the people we're voting for are all bullshitters and don't follow through with most of what they promised.