Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Election 2010 - Con/Lib Government

danny

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is a hung parliment. Which way will the lib dems go? I remember reading at some point that they would go with whoever had the most seats, as they wanted the people to have chosen the govt. But i have heard other things since then.

Seriously i have no deep seaed hatred for labour per say. Just this labour party. How anyone can seriously think Gordon Brown a man who by his own admission lied at the inquiry in to the deaths of over 270 british servicemen is a good person to be prime minister is beyond me. How can a man with no honour lead the country? What does that say about the country?

I'll almost certainly be voting LibDems this election. They've got the charisma of a cold bowl of porridge that's been left on the side all week while you've been to Majorca, but they're also the only party that might actually bring about proper electoral reform. I also agree with their Local Income Tax policy and generally pro-European stance, as well as other things. Fingers crossed for a hung parliament.

Also, wouldn't heading this thread with a poll be the way to go?

I'm not sure about the Lib Dems. It just seems too hard to pin them down on...anything, really. I don't trust that. They also back far stronger cuts than the other parties which is pretty bad news as the public sector is going to get shafted for the mistakes made by the private sector suits who look like they'll walk away from the train wreck they've caused without a scratch.

To make sure Labour dont get back in?

Yeah that's a great reason to vote.

"Labour is shit, vote for tories."

*tories get in*

"tories are shit, vote for labour"

*labour gets in*

/rinse and repeat

Yeah that's been working great for us so far. Maybe one day when the vast majority of fuckwits that inhabit this country actually wise up and realise that there's more than just 2 parties in the running and don't just blindly follow the Sun/Daily Mail/idiot rag of choice, maybe then we can actually begin to consider possibly thinking about having someone in power who isn't a slimy, corrupt moron. But until then lets all vote for the Tories, after all things were much better back when they were in power.

"David shall we tell people how we're going to improve the economy and make things better for people?"

"No lets just post massive pictures of Brown's ugly face and write about how shit he was. Ignorant retards will sure to vote for us then."

Yeah that's a great reason to vote.

"Labour is shit, vote for tories."

*tories get in*

"tories are shit, vote for labour"

*labour gets in*

/rinse and repeat

Yeah that's been working great for us so far. Maybe one day when the vast majority of fuckwits that inhabit this country actually wise up and realise that there's more than just 2 parties in the running and don't just blindly follow the Sun/Daily Mail/idiot rag of choice, maybe then we can actually begin to consider possibly thinking about having someone in power who isn't a slimy, corrupt moron. But until then lets all vote for the Tories, after all things were much better back when they were in power.

"David shall we tell people how we're going to improve the economy and make things better for people?"

"No lets just post massive pictures of Brown's ugly face and write about how shit he was. Ignorant retards will sure to vote for us then."

You are the bigest type of fuckwit in this country. The sort that will slag people of for using there choice how they wish. If people wish to vote for anyone that is there choice and they cant be wrong for doing so that is democracy. I dont think the torys represent me brilliantly. But there is not a party that i think does it better than they do either. But i think labour should be punished just for having no honour at all. If anyone sticks there hands up and says we did this and we either made a mess of it or we stand by it then that is fair enough. But to lie about and try and cover it up is shocking.

You are the bigest type of fuckwit in this country. The sort that will slag people of for using there choice how they wish. If people wish to vote for anyone that is there choice and they cant be wrong for doing so that is democracy. I dont think the torys represent me brilliantly. But there is not a party that i think does it better than they do either. But i think labour should be punished just for having no honour at all. If anyone sticks there hands up and says we did this and we either made a mess of it or we stand by it then that is fair enough. But to lie about and try and cover it up is shocking.

*Sits back to watch fireworks*

Watching-Fireworks.gif

Every other party would have done the same.

The thing is, whether you like it or not, Lib Dem supporters will usually vote for Labour/Conservatives because they adopt the 'we won't win so lets vote for the one I prefer' policy.

A big problem I find is that our country is full of blithering dweebs that watch X-Factor and join hellishly dumb and awful Facebook groups who have no idea about how they should vote.

Yes I know it's a democracy, and I know people have their own choice. But when the vast majority of retards in this country seem incapable of actually using their brain and making their own minds up, and instead simply regurgitate whatever they read in the tabloids, well then we may as well just see which party has the most media support and give it to them.

Also unless you are a very high earner then I can't see how the tories will benefit you the most. (Although if you're willing then please explain to me.)

I can't understand how the Lib Dem's policy of 0 income tax on the first 10k of earning isn't incredibly popular with the vast majority of people. Wait what's that? They're going to stop the very wealthy from benefiting from tax loop holes? Wait who owns the tabloid news papers again?

Also you say that Labour should be punished. How exactly should they be punished? And you seriously think the tories won't ever cover anything up?

My political viewpoint is most certainly to the right and in all previous elections that I've been eligible for I've voted Conservative. This time I'm not so sure. It actually seems like smaller parties will have a good chance to make up a good proportion of parliament this time so I'm going to look into everything and see who best represents me.

First stop the test from chairdriver...

Fuck the big three, I don't feel like I can trust any of them, they just seem like corrupt ass holes who promise a whole lotta good and you end up regretting it. UKIP is getting my vote.

EDIT: 50% UKIP and 50% BNP according to that test.. noice

Edited by Debug Mode

I have no idea what is going on in the world of politics at the moment...last time I did was almost 3 years ago, when I did Modern Studies/Politics at school.

You just have to know about the expenses scandal, that's the only thing anyone ever talks about... :wink:

* BNP 62.50%

Although the immigration was Labour.

Yeah, this is where that test falls down, because as the end of the day, I hate being associated with racists, even if some of their other policies are good*.

* That's a hypothetical "are" - I hate all BNP's policies. Re-introduction of corporal punishment? No thanks.

Yeah, this is where that test falls down, because as the end of the day, I hate being associated with racists, even if some of their other policies are good*.

* That's a hypothetical "are" - I hate all BNP's policies. Re-introduction of corporal punishment? No thanks.

TBF I didn't take the test all too seriously, and would vote for a set of policies based on just one.

Just remember your ABCs, kids. Anyone But Conservatives.

Amen to that. To be fair to them though, get rid of Willian Hague as Shadow Foreign Minister and they don't have a bad party. Same could be said of Labour with Brown though I guess...

So your whole vote is based on a hatred of the PM and the belief that all parties are equally shit? So you choose to vote for the Tories? And you think that is an effective Democracy? To me that simply says that the democratic system in this country isn't working.

Must we really have yet another government that gets elected by appealing to voters discontent with the current government? Why can't we have one that is actually putting a message of change out there? One that is focussing on what it can do for the country rather than what the current government aren't doing right? I'm not sure that the Liberal Democrats are the right choice, but I'm definitely swinging that way. Voting is a choice, not a pub-quiz where you need to guess the next party in power correctly. If you actually believe going from a Labour government to a Tory government is the most positive move this country can have then you have my respect, it's not my place to tell people how to vote. However, I really hope that every Tory vote is actually for the Tories and not just against Labour, otherwise the people of this country are handing their Democracy away for yet another 4 years.

Edited by McPhee

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!