NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Does anyones Streetpass work?

Yeah it does, almost everytime I leave for uni I get a streetpass

Mine does work, but I don't get them often. I guess I don't go into crowded areas etc too much though either. Was in town for about half hour/an hour yesterday and got one streetpass, but I've been out before for much longer and not gotten any!

Seems Nintendo is rebranding their "network service", at least for 3DS games. This Theatrythm Final Fantasy... thing is supposed to have paid DLC and someone discovered a new logo on the box, saying "Nintendo network".

nintendonetwork.jpg

The name sounds good as it is. Now Nintendo only has to build a network that deserves that name instead of different networks for each console, every one various kinds of useless. Stuff like actual persistent user accounts to tie purchases to would be a start. It's Nintendo though, might be just a new label to signal an online mode or DLC etc.. :heh:

Yeah, I seem to be the only one who specifically remembers Iwata revealing a grand plan for a "Nintendo Network" in an investor briefing months ago. I even reported on it, but I can't for the life of me find the article.

Was it already named "Nintendo Network" back then? I can only remember Iwata vaguely stating in an investor's Q&A that they're going to expand their online services. The only specific point I can remember is that he said they'd eventually introduce a way to purchase download software from the browser.

Which leads me to believe that Nintendo might introduce user accounts after all. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they made you type in your 3DS' friend code when purchasing stuff through a browser instead of introducing console-independent accounts. :heh:

And the award for my first 100+ hour 3DS game goes to?...

muchomk7.jpg

Surprise surprise! :heh:

Previous 1st place title was Nintendogs + cats, with 80-ish hours.

The question now is... Will MK7 be able to surpass my (just under 400 hours) record on MKWii? ;)

I wonder if there's going to be anything like Dragon Quest IX that you can spend 500, 800 hours on!! :heh:

I wonder if there's going to be anything like Dragon Quest IX that you can spend 500, 800 hours on!! :heh:

Dragon Quest XI :heh:

I don't know what will be my first 100 hour game, if nothing surprises me with the new games that come out now then...Monster Hunter 3G will be the my first :heh:

Edited by killer kirby

Is there a Nintendo 3DS update today because on wiki it says there's one today

I wouldn't know, i'm not near an internet source to be able to tell to be honest.

And the award for my first 100+ hour 3DS game goes to?...

muchomk7.jpg

Surprise surprise! :heh:

That's quite impressive, especially as the game hasn't been out 2 months yet!

My first 100+ hour award goes to :-

403858_10150494563536432_511466431_9245620_897222485_n.jpg

I'm sure my playtime on Mario Kart 7, Revelations and Zen Pinball will exceed the 100 hours mark eventually aswell.

Bloody hell. How do you find the time?! Unbelievable!!

My highest 3DS game is Nintendogs with about 28 hours and that was only because my girlfriend played it as well. Then mario kart at 25.

100 hours... Staggering. Reckon mario Kart will daily reach AT LEAST 200 though!!

Wow, I'm a long way off the 100 hour mark in any game. :o

Most I've got is 30 hours in both Pilotwings Resort and Mario Kart 7. So much for all those reviews saying Pilotwings only lasts a few hours. :indeed:

Yeah, I spent 25 hours on Pilotwings too. My most-played at the moment is Ocarina of Time - think it's 28 or 30 hours (which is just a normal play-through of it).

I think my most played at the minute is OoT 3D, then MK7 then Mario 3DL. I have some normal DS games bolstering the roster in my Activity Log such as Rhythm Paradise, Chrono Trigger DS and Dragon Quest VI. :cool:

Is anyone else experiencing overall slowness when it comes to any online based interaction? Is this normal (I expect so considering the Wii) or is it just me?

no, none at all online games included. however yesterday when I loaded up the eshop it took a whole lot longer than usual but that was only once. other than that nothing feels or felt slow to any degree.

Anyone here enter the kid icarus and mario 3ds console comp, it closed on the 31st, has anyone heard anything yet ?

Anyone here enter the kid icarus and mario 3ds console comp, it closed on the 31st, has anyone heard anything yet ?

You won't hear anything until the "first half of March".

You won't hear anything until the "first half of March".

Why first half of march?

Well in terms of KI I've been emailed my Free Download Code.

But yeah, I guess we wait to hear about the Mario Consoles then.

I suddenly got a present when I booted my 3DS today. "Nintendo Letter Box"-ish. Had to download it from the eShop but I don't know what it is.

Alright, had a go with it now. It's a letter program for the 3DS, where you can write and draw things which can be sent via SpotPass or will be traded through StreetPass. It's a bit like the DS-drawings.

Edited by MindFreak