NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Now wasn't this Drive By game also the one coming to XBL and PSN or am I getting confused here. If so, has it been shelved for them too?

That was one of the things they announced at E3 last year, as sign of things we can expect on the system, so I'm sure they're a bit gutted on that one.

My mates rave about SR2 and so I was waiting to see some details on this one to see if it could grab my attention - bit of shame really.

Now wasn't this Drive By game also the one coming to XBL and PSN or am I getting confused here. If so, has it been shelved for them too?

That was one of the things they announced at E3 last year, as sign of things we can expect on the system, so I'm sure they're a bit gutted on that one.

My mates rave about SR2 and so I was waiting to see some details on this one to see if it could grab my attention - bit of shame really.

Yeah it was comeing for PSN and XBL but got canceled aswell thanks THQ I wanted this game why do they do this first it was Gardens and now this what's next.

Edit: Yeah, it's officially canned now, and that includes the PSN and XBLA versions. Shame, as SR2 is great and it would have been awesome to have a version to play on the go but nevermind.

Edited by Ganepark32

You'd have thought if Nintendo were so desparate for it they could've stepped in with some funding.

I mean if they really want to give this machine a better image with the hardcore gamers who sneer at "kiddy" Nintendo systems, they need to fight for it and fast, before the NGP captures that market as the "cool" portable of choice.

Yeah, there's a game nobody has ever seen running - probably for good reason - which could be considered "hardcore", because it's violent. Nintendo better start throwing money aimlessly at the devs/publishers. After all, that very game might save the day! Oh, how "hardcore" gamers would flock around the 3DS, if they only had a low profile shoot-man-with-gun-hardcore-game.

Not.

Whoever considers themselves "hardcore" because they play stuff like Saints Row, is not exactly the target market for the 3DS. Whoever prefers the PSP2 to the 3DS wouldn't be swayed by a "hardcore" game with ~Gamecube level graphics, either.

What the 3DS needs are more new good games, not "hardcore" ones. If large western devs and publishers don't take the handheld market seriously and have high profile teams developing games for it in the first place, there is little point in throwing money after their 3rd class teams.

Edited by Burny

Got my AR T-Shirt there. Shame about it being a Large. And having a bit of big text on the back declaring "Registrant No. 2175" (my number in applying for one)

I'm not sure how many folk this'll actually fit :heh:

Yeah got mine today aswell.

As I read the label...

Slim Fit... :D

Large... :hmm:

V-neck... :woops:

So yeah not the best,

and yeah could have done without the massive 1079 on the back.

But still.

So yeah not the best,

At least you got one :cry:

Did the people who got them get an email or any notification that you would be getting one?

So yeah not the best,

But still.

Show off. :heh:

I got one today as well, but you registered it faster than me. I don't know what size mine is (haven't opened it), but I asked for Large, and it is a V-neck. If it's slim fit, it'll make me look like I'm going nightclubbing!

Do you think Nintendo will punish us for selling them on Ebay? This is why I haven't said my number. It's higher than yours, but below 1500.

I got my tshirt aswell. Registrant No 2438.

I'm not sure I'll take it out the wrapping. And I defo wont wear it not with a big giant number on the back. But its cool being 1 of 3000 in the world who have one.

Show off. :heh:

I got one today as well, but you registered it faster than me. I don't know what size mine is (haven't opened it), but I asked for Large, and it is a V-neck. If it's slim fit, it'll make me look like I'm going nightclubbing!

Do you think Nintendo will punish us for selling them on Ebay? This is why I haven't said my number. It's higher than yours, but below 1500.

I can't remember being asked for a size?... I can't imagine I'd have asked for large!

How/why would they punish you? It's yours! A free gift for buying a £200 console!... You can do what you want with it surely!

I got my tshirt aswell. Registrant No 2438.

I'm not sure I'll take it out the wrapping. And I defo wont wear it not with a big giant number on the back. But its cool being 1 of 3000 in the world who have one.

I haven't tried it on yet, I'll prob just use it as an around the house T-shirt as I can't really see it being that great a fit on me.

Could just wear a shirt over it, but yeah the number would make you look abit like an escapee!

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah, there's a game nobody has ever seen running - probably for good reason - which could be considered "hardcore", because it's violent. Nintendo better start throwing money aimlessly at the devs/publishers. After all, that very game might save the day! Oh, how "hardcore" gamers would flock around the 3DS, if they only had a low profile shoot-man-with-gun-hardcore-game.

Not.

Whoever considers themselves "hardcore" because they play stuff like Saints Row, is not exactly the target market for the 3DS. Whoever prefers the PSP2 to the 3DS wouldn't be swayed by a "hardcore" game with ~Gamecube level graphics, either.

What the 3DS needs are more new good games, not "hardcore" ones. If large western devs and publishers don't take the handheld market seriously and have high profile teams developing games for it in the first place, there is little point in throwing money after their 3rd class teams.

I didn't say it needed games like Saints Row in general.

I just said that if they actually were aiming to capture the market you just mentioned, which assumedly is WHY they were very keen for THQ to make a Saints Row game (as per the news), then you'd think they would do more to stop projects like this going under, since it's very unlikely Nintendo will ever offer a similar type of product. Like, who knows why the game was cancelled, but like I preferred the days where Nintendo had more involvement with third parties and were more willing to get involved to make sure certain titles came out if they wanted them.

I don't care about games like Saints Row coming out on it and I wasn't talking about "hardcore" gamers in general, just that section of the mainstream market that's into stuff like that. If the game was polished well enough visually I think it would've still sold to them even if it still looked far worse than stuff on the NGP when it's about.

Chinatown wars was a big flop on that front, but that's because third person GTA games pretty much killed overhead GTA dead as soon as they came out.

Anyway either way it's not a hugely important issue, but I do think Nintendo's goal with 3DS is probably to recapture as many "hardcore" gamers of different types as possible, because they probably appreciate that most of the casual "Brain Training crowd" isn't going to be sold by 3D or improved visuals, or really any of the features of the system, so if they want to get the same kind of level of sales as the DS they probably need to start recapturing the fans they've "lost" over the years.

I fail to see how mentioning your number here would have any impact on what happens later.

Let's face it, if they are going to punish you, they will just look at the Ebay item and block the Club Nintendo account associated with that shirt number if they want to be completely over the top about it.

They aren't then going to come along to N-E and try to get you banned from here too because they saw you said that shirt number belongs to you :p

Got mine today too, number 692. As the rest of you have said, it's not really going to be worn much - too big, horrible v-neck is too chest hair revealing, and the huge number on the back is pretty ugly. Also, with the AR card being a transfer, rather than sewn on, it'll get worn away easily too, I bet. Still, nice to have one, though. :)

I got mine too!

Number 0199.

I was an early bird clearly (applauds shopto's awesomeness of delivery-ness).

Tis cool but far far far too big for me as I am built like a rake :(

Upcoming Nintendo 3DS system update information

2011-05-12

A new system update for the hand-held Nintendo 3DS system will be available in North America the evening of June 6 Pacific time. By downloading the free update via a wireless broadband Internet connection, Nintendo 3DS users can enjoy new features and enhancements, including an Internet browser and access to the Nintendo eShop, where users can browse and purchase downloadable content. For more information about Nintendo 3DS, visit http://www.nintendo3ds.com.

Ugh, May update pushed back to the E3 conference... :(

Shame about the delay, I'm quite looking forward to that update. Oh well, at least we have a date now.

Ugh, May update pushed back to the E3 conference... :(

After not having the features of the update ready for launch, another week or two of delay isn't going to do any more damage. Maybe they just want to have another bullet point on their E3 presentation, maybe they're doing something nice with the eShop that coincides with the E3. Who knows...

I just said that if they actually were aiming to capture the market you just mentioned, which assumedly is WHY they were very keen for THQ to make a Saints Row game (as per the news), then you'd think they would do more to stop projects like this going under, since it's very unlikely Nintendo will ever offer a similar type of product. Like, who knows why the game was cancelled, but like I preferred the days where Nintendo had more involvement with third parties and were more willing to get involved to make sure certain titles came out if they wanted them.

I know what you were trying to say. If there is a promising project that's stumbling on the last mile, it might make sense for Nintendo to intervene and oversee or publish it.

But all we have seen from this particular project was a logo. If THQ and their devs cannot get the game into a presentable state before canceling it, it's a bit harsh to accuse Nintendo of not having cared enough. They aren't THQ's babysitter. And as their crowd has bought more than 20 Mio. copies of NSMB and continually buys millions of Pokemon games, they're not that desperate to appeal to a "hardcore" (in as: "guns & tits") crowd in the first place.

If this thing failed because Nintendo's technical support was underwhelming, or the hardware so insanely difficult to work with, that'd be something else. But then, it wouldn't have been canceled for the PS360.

Edited by Burny

Upcoming Nintendo 3DS system update information

2011-05-12

A new system update for the hand-held Nintendo 3DS system will be available in North America the evening of June 6 Pacific time. By downloading the free update via a wireless broadband Internet connection, Nintendo 3DS users can enjoy new features and enhancements, including an Internet browser and access to the Nintendo eShop, where users can browse and purchase downloadable content. For more information about Nintendo 3DS, visit http://www.nintendo3ds.com.

They spelt May wrong :(

Another six days isn't all that long i suppose, but i was looking forward to playing A link's awakening and Super Mario Land

maybe their are testing security so they can't get hacked and have to close their network down....

Yeah, this was always coming at the end of May so it isn't a massive delay. At least we now have a date. Doesn't stop it being annoying though. Guess Dead or Alive is the next game I play on my 3DS until Ocarina.

Cool we have got a date now when it's comeing and Nintendo press confrence is June 7th the update June 6th

Actually, canand, you got me thinking..

Wouldn't it be interested if you were able to watched Nintendo's E3 conference in 3D on your 3DS or at the very least be able to view videos of the 3DS games on show as they are intended to be seen..?

I can't imagine that being the case, of course, but just a thought :heh: