NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Yep. 3DS games is just stupid.

Yeah, there's like nothing to play on it atm... :/

*goes back to playing Dead or Alive Dimensions*

Someone who doesn't like fighting games should be provided with alternatives to play... not nothing!

Someone who doesn't like fighting games should be provided with alternatives to play... not nothing!

True... but at least it's not long now, Zelda in a few weeks and then... other stuff so at least gamers will have more of a real choice with regards to software within the next month.

True... but at least it's not long now, Zelda in a few weeks and then... other stuff so at least gamers will have more of a real choice with regards to software within the next month.
Is there though?... outside of Zelda, and RE four weeks away, what games are there getting released that we know of over the next say... 3/4 months?

EDIT: HAVE STICKIED THE THREAD

Edited by Retro_Link

Is there though?... outside of Zelda, and RE four weeks away, what games are there getting released that we know of over the next say... 3/4 months?

E3 will hopefully reveal what to expect in the 2nd half of the year. We have Zelda, Resident Evil and Starfox from now until July. I'm expecting Kid Icarus to hit around September and either Mario 3DS or Mario Kart about November time.

Does anyone else's 3DS inexplicably turn off when in it's in your pocket or a bag? I'm not sure if it's overheating, a certain button combination or some sort of battery saving method, but in any case, on more than one occasion I have found it to be turned off when pulling it out at the end of the day. Judging from the number of steps it seems to have shut down about halfway through the day. Very strange...

Does anyone else's 3DS inexplicably turn off when in it's in your pocket or a bag? I'm not sure if it's overheating, a certain button combination or some sort of battery saving method, but in any case, on more than one occasion I have found it to be turned off when pulling it out at the end of the day. Judging from the number of steps it seems to have shut down about halfway through the day. Very strange...

No, there must be a problem, surely. Out of interest, how many steps marks the halfway point in your day? Mine can easily do 10,000. I must admit I turn it off when I get home, as I mainly have it on for StreetPass.

OK... you know how welsh_gamer revealed many games are now £19.99 at GAME? I went in today and bought Ridge Racer and Street Fighter. What isn't stated on their website is that you get 1,000 bonus points with each. I checked my receipt and the points were worth £8.15, so that's basically each game cost £16.

I must say, it's renewed my love for the 3DS. I've now decided that, whatever the drawbacks, 3D is more exciting than 2D. Also, I'm not trying to argue with anyone in this thread, as I was going to say this anyway, but I really think the 3DS did have a good launch line-up. There was Pilotwings, Ridge Racer, Street Fighter, then Dead or Alive and soon Zelda. Playing SF in 3D just makes me want to finish up playing the games I have left on the DS, because the 3DS is entirely, utterly superior.

A very satisfied customer here.

No, there must be a problem, surely. Out of interest, how many steps marks the halfway point in your day? Mine can easily do 10,000.

On the day it happened I had it in a bag, so I don't think it was counting as much as it should have, but in any case it stopped around 4,000. My record is 26,000 in a day though, but that was when I walked 20km. I really think it depends how you carry it around.

Back on topic, that is slightly worrying that something could be wrong with my 3DS, but luckily it doesn't really affect me too much. The worst part is thinking of the StreetPasses that I potentially missed :angry:

I just hope it never turns off during actual use.

It's... lol-worthy. It's always the same thing: new console is released, and after a few months there are people going "Gawd, there are NO games in this newly-released console!"

Every single time. Unbelievable.

OK... you know how welsh_gamer revealed many games are now £19.99 at GAME? I went in today and bought Ridge Racer and Street Fighter. What isn't stated on their website is that you get 1,000 bonus points with each. I checked my receipt and the points were worth £8.15, so that's basically each game cost £16.

I must say, it's renewed my love for the 3DS. I've now decided that, whatever the drawbacks, 3D is more exciting than 2D. Also, I'm not trying to argue with anyone in this thread, as I was going to say this anyway, but I really think the 3DS did have a good launch line-up. There was Pilotwings, Ridge Racer, Street Fighter, then Dead or Alive and soon Zelda. Playing SF in 3D just makes me want to finish up playing the games I have left on the DS, because the 3DS is entirely, utterly superior.

A very satisfied customer here.

Totally agree with this. At first I think all the talk about ‘poor launch line-up’ had been drummed into me and I was like “oh well, I’ll get Street Fighter IV and Pilotwings.... hang on!” :hehe: Ridge Racer might be the most fun I’ve had with the system so far; the 3D makes a massive difference (if you pick the right car/paint job the graphics look pretty good too ;)). Currently playing DOA and loving it, even if Chronicle mode is utterly incoherent and poorly presented. Puzzle Bobble Universe and Steel Diver are also worth a rent, but I wouldn’t buy them for more than a tenner, as they’re very short experiences. The 3D effect in Puzzle Bobble is maybe my fav so far, showing how brilliantly it can make 2D sprites pop!

The only real regret is the lack of a AAA first party title and perhaps they’ve dragged their heals a bit with Zelda and the e-shop. Pilotwings could’ve solved this with a little more content- how amazing would Little States be in 3D?!

Do you think Nintendo will ever allow friend codes to be exchanged via streetpass?

Do you think Nintendo will ever allow friend codes to be exchanged via streetpass?

Due to Nintendo being over protective, probably not.

think_of_the_children_186.jpg

Japan's E-Shop line-up has been announced and the official site is up and running.

6 VC launch title: (all gameboy)

Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge

Kirby's Adventure

Baseball

Phantasm

Downtown Special: Kunio-kun's Historical Drama with Everyone Assembled!

Super Mario Land - 400 yen each

2 3DS ware titles

Mystery P.I.: The Missing Film - 500 yen

3D Block Breaker - 500 yen

2 3D classic titles:

Excitebike free until 31/7

Xevious - 600 yen

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/versionup/index.html

Any word on when we are getting the prepaid cards for the e-shop?

Not sure you should be discussing drugs so openly on the forum, let alone in this thread. :/

DSi transfer details:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/support/transfer/index.html

(1 ※) Nintendo DSi points are not moving and saving data.In addition to moving the Nintendo DSi LL / DSi console, the saved data will also be erased with software.

Not sure if it's a dodgy Google translation, but it sounds like it deletes the DSiWare games off the DSi after the transfer :( Wonder if it goes as far as removing access from the store (probably).

You can transfer pictures and recorded sounds as well apparently.

Edited by Ike

Shame there's no flash support for the internet browser. Hope that's corrected in a (sooner rather than) later update.

Shame there's no flash support for the internet browser. Hope that's corrected in a (sooner rather than) later update.

Who would have to correct that though? Is it Nintendo's/the browser's developer's responsibility or does Adobe have to provide an implementation for the flash plugin?

Is it even feasible? The browser has to run while you're playing a game. That means most of the 3DS' RAM is probably in use, even when the game is "frozen" and the 3DS' processing power can be used for browsing. And while not in a game? I don't have any experience with Flash on Android Smartphones, but does flash run properly on them? They all have rather a lot of processing power which the 3DS doesn't have.

Why would we need flash support on the 3DS btw.? Any decent site that's got something to say can do so without bombarding you with flash BS and if they do, it's guaranteed to kill your browser on the weak 3DS anyway, supported or not.

If it's youtube streaming you want, hoping for a dedicated youtube application running without flash makes far more sense imo.

If it's youtube streaming you want, hoping for a dedicated youtube application running without flash makes far more sense imo.

Yep, a youtube app is the mostly likely eventuality, like the Netflix channel announced for the US.

So are these GB games in 3D or just ports?

Straight ports i think if they're on the Virtual Console or 3D if part of the '3D Classics' range.

UK launch lineup.

Nintendo has issued a press release to Eurogamer confirming the following e-Shop titles for Europe next week: 3D Classic Excitebike (free in Europe until 7th July), Game Boy versions of Super Mario Land, Alleyway and Tennis for the Virtual Console, and the Pokédex 3D app revealed yesterday.

The 3DS eShop will then be updated every Thursday.

Even though we have details now, anyone feel that they're holding back something? I mean we are getting this on the day that their conference is on. That can't be a coincedence surely?

Give downloadable demos, so when you close the 3DS in sleep mode the stuff you're downloading will keep doing so till it's done and notify you via LED.

Even though we have details now, anyone feel that they're holding back something? I mean we are getting this on the day that their conference is on. That can't be a coincedence surely?

Give downloadable demos, so when you close the 3DS in sleep mode the stuff you're downloading will keep doing so till it's done and notify you via LED.

Hopefully. Honestly though I think they will use it make themselves just sound better.

"Coming to you TODAY"

Yeah, would be great of they rolled out a Kid Icarus demo... live... during their E3 press conference!