NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Did anyone else have the blue spotpass light on today? I just saw it a few minutes ago and was really excited. As I checked to see what it was, I saw the title "Recommended Update" and was filled with joy. Could this be the browser and shop come early, or was it some kind of other update, like a messaging feature? The text itself said that the update included a 3D video, which made me a bit skeptical, seeing as we already had that in the very first update. I went to the settings to check for an update, and alas nothing was found.

So for some reason, I now got the message that I should update my system with an update that I already got notified about and installed more than a month ago. I'm almost certain I got the exact message before, so I'm really confused why I got it again.

Did this happen to anyone else?

I had that a week or so ago, seemed a duplicate of the latest update.

Did anyone else have the blue spotpass light on today?
I wish.

Nope, I didn't get any SP yesterday. I did get that Recommended Update message before though... well after I'd already updated. :indeed:

Anyway, would be cool if you could post any SpotPass related stuff in this thread:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30339

Make it easier to keep tabs on it and have all SP updates (or lack of them ;)) in one place.

: peace:

I just reverted to Moderator mode there for a second, sorry about that. :laughing:

Well hopefully that SpotPass thread will be very busy in the future, at the moment it's depressingly empty, with the only news being that there isn't any SpotPass yet :hmm:

I have pretty much fallen in love with 3D and the 3DS this week :hehe:

As I'm sure some of you know, I've had my 3DS since launch along with Pilotwings Resort but my brother got me Ridge Racer 3D at the weekend for my birthday and last night I picked up PES 2011 3D with my birthday money and I suddenly feel much more strongly about 3D :bouncy:

I've watched several films in 3D without really being convinced of the actual appeal of 3D and then, more recently, despite thinking Pilotwings Resort is a great game and 3D being pretty cool, I still somewhat felt that I wasn't quite there with 3D. It was just something of a nice bonus..

Now I'm convinced :grin:

Ridge Racer 3D and PES 2011 3D may not be better than my launch choice (which I expected, anyway..) but the 3D visuals just provide so much appeal for me now. Sometimes in the middle of a race or a match I turn the slider down to 2D for a moment and I just get this real urge that I need to have the 3D back.. at which point I crank it back up to full :heh:

As the life of the 3DS continues, I'm sure there will be many games that use 3D in interesting ways and bring life to environments in a way that I probably haven't experienced before.. and I can't wait :yay:

For me, 3D has arrived..

Is anyone else getting a little bit put off by the constantly high 3DS game prices? Regardless of 3D and extra features, I look at LA Noire and then the fact that I'll be paying the same price for that as I will Dead or Alive: Dimensions this week. Something is very wrong here.

I'm paying the same price for 3DS games as DS games so far, so i'm good and wondering where you buy your games :heh:

But the RRP prices are a bit of a joke. I'll never pay £39.99 for a game, never mind handheld.

Is anyone else getting a little bit put off by the constantly high 3DS game prices? Regardless of 3D and extra features, I look at LA Noire and then the fact that I'll be paying the same price for that as I will Dead or Alive: Dimensions this week. Something is very wrong here.

Morrisons are currently selling all their 3DS games for £24.99, so maybe it'll be worth popping in tomorrow to see if they'll have DOA for that price too.

I've pre-ordered everything I've wanted through TheHut, where most games are £29.86, but they always have discount codes on offer over the weekend, such as £5 off £50, 10% off every order etc, so most my games are gonna cost me £25-£26, which I'm perfectly happy to pay.

Yeah, think I might stop using GAME for 3DS preorders. I ended up ordering DoA from Gameplay since it's was £29.99 on there.

Something is very wrong here.
The fact you're still buying games new on the highstreet?

I've been buying 3DS games from supermarkets of ebay, the proper games shops rip offs of £40 isn't worth it at all, i have noticed this week however every single 3ds game is now £35 in game, maybe they've realised the £10 increase on DS games was killing sales with them

Cheap 3DS games at GAME :-

Puzzle Bobble Universe £12.99

Super Monkey Ball 3D £14.99

Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars £19.99

Pilotwings Resort £19.99

Ridge Racer £19.99

still doesn't beat the £8.60 Costco was offering Pilot wings, Ridge Racer and PES for (if you can ever find them in stock)

but awesome prices

It'd have to be half that for me to recommend it to people. :(

Cheap 3DS games at GAME :-

Super Monkey Ball 3D £14.99

Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars £19.99

Pilotwings Resort £19.99

Ridge Racer £19.99

Super Street Fighter IV is also £19.99. Am I being tight by waiting until they're £14.99?

Super Street Fighter IV is also £19.99. Am I being tight by waiting until they're £14.99?

Absolutely not, Street Fighter IV has had almost as many re-releases in 2-3 years as Street Fighter II has had... ever.... probably...

... with another one on the way too in the form of SFIV Arcade Edition, so no I don't think it's wrong to wait until the 3DS version is £15 or even less. :p

Wow has the 3DS tanked already? £157!

No, probably more along the lines of retailers realising that no one wants to touch the console at their ridiculously high prices over the £200 mark. People are interested but I think the price has certainly put a lot of people off (that and games) so that's why there's all this knee jerking from stores trying to fight it out for the lowest price.

3DS hasnt tanked atall, its outpacing first year sales for the DS its just a stupidly high price thats putting alot of people off and I bet the vast majority dont realise its a new console and just think its another DS.

Do the retailers even make money at prices around 160 pound? What's Nintendo asking them for the devices?

If German retailers dropped the 3DS to such levels here, I might have caved in by now. Around launch there were a lot of offers, most of which included the 3DS for its standard price (250€) - maybe slightly less - and one game (usually a quality Ubisoft title :heh:). Now, the lower prices are still around 220€.

It's certainly a sign, that the UK has ample supply of devices or rather that the demand isn't quit at the levels that stores would have liked. Will be interesting to see, if prices rise when the bigger games arrive. In the meantime, I wouldn't mind if someone over here started a price war. :p

Hopefully the demand will go up once the likes of Zelda and Mario games come out. Still early days but I hope we don't see a point where retailers just stop stocking the 3DS and games. Don't want a repeat of when the GameCube was out and stores like Whsmith weren't filling the shelves with it's games.

its nice to see a price drop

Nintendo's RRP for europe is around £150 mark (or what each unit costs to retailers) so the extra £70 on top was pure profit for retailers before

If they had sold it at a more reasonable £190 i bet it would have sold much better

If more games were avaliable it would sell lots better still

The slump in sales is all about the lack of games. When the big titles hit, this thing will sell like water in the desert. I know I'm desperate for stuff to play on the handheld.

Yeah I mean really I'm considering selling my 3DS... I mean other than OOT, which I could buy 6 months from now and still not have trouble with other 3DS games to play... what is there.

Do we have a date for Starfox... am I that fussed about Starfox? Who knows when Kid Icarus will land, there's Mario Kart, what 6 months away... and REvelations, Mario 3DS not until the end of the year/next year... it's pretty rediculous.

I guess it's worth waiting to see what E3 brings maybe, but it's pretty rediculous!

Edited by Retro_Link