Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

F1 2010 from Codemasters

gaggle64

I just don't understand how something like that didn't get picked up, it's massively shoddy work really. What makes it worse is it should be something that's pretty easy to fix, and I hope they do it soon, it's making many of my races come up with insane results.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Online is kinda empty ATM. Got into 2 games, the first I won easily even though I got a puncture and a Stop/Go penalty for speeding in the pit lane. I actually made a guy rage quit; as I came to lap him on the straight he got all out of shape, then I tried going round the outside which he blocked, then got up the inside and he tried to take me out against the barrier, I braked and ended up spinning him out into the barrier and he rage quit. I don't understand German but he sounded livid, but then I was coming up to lap him, he should have yielded so I don't see how (if he does) he can blame me. Only me and another German didn't quit and it was a 4 Driver race. Ah Monza, it's quite the track.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

So my brother bought this today, I've given it a few races now and even on easy I just can't seem to get a decent finish. I was fifth once, then me and mr hamilton had falling out on the last corner (he hit me!) but I received a 10 second penalty and finished 10th.

I'm guessing my shitness is part of career mode?

As for the pit stops, out of 4 races, they've fucked me over 3 times. I either come out last or lose 10 places.

Hi everyone.

We can confirm that we intend to create and release a patch for F1 2010.

This thread will be updated with information as we move through development, testing and release. It will take some time, and sometimes there will even be no news while work is going on, but we'll do our best to keep you as updated as we can. We do appreciate your patience - and your feedback to date.

Current Status:

The development team is currently investigating, going through feedback, and looking at reported issues.

Caldera.

(Locking this for ease of reading and clarity.)

Source - Codemasters Official Forum.

i'm yet to pick it up (only got paid today)

but so far from the people i work with who've got it, they've all experienced some form of glitch / bug, and all of them have had the pit stop bug.

also xbox live doesnt show the game at all on people profiles, when visiting xboxlive.com, some guy on the code masters forum addressed that saying they contacted microsoft and got a swift reply saying it was a codemasters problem.

so it's quite shocking the level of lazyness that went into the testing this and okaying it for release.

Catalunya is such a counter-intuitive track. So annoying. I remember it used to be smooth and flowing and now, driving around it here in the game, has only increased my hatred for it. The last section in particular, the run up the hill after the short straight, is a mess now. Why did the track owners/whoever do that to the track? Seriously, that whole last section ruins the flow of the track, especially that chicane before the last corner. It used to run like the last section of the Bahrain track but it's hideous now. *le sigh*

So far, I've done 4 races in my career. For whatever reason, no matter what line I took in Q3 in China, I could not post a proper lap. Car would always spin out of control, even if I was following the racing line and lightly pressing the accelerator coming out of a corner. Ended up qualifying 10th and had a 5 place drop for something in practise so started 15th. Won the race nicely though. :D Was worried I'd not be able to get 1st back from Hamilton when he pitted, as the AI seems to take far less time for pit stops than I do, but I got it and now have a 36 point lead in the championship.

So who's had any wet sessions? What did you think of how it shakes the gameplay up?

Had a wet qualifying 2 which I barely made it into, the rain made it much more difficult since I wasn't used to the lack of grip, had to have a few extra runs with it, I ended up getting my Lotus into 3rd behind the Red Bulls, in the dry I would have most likely not qualified for Q3.

Ugh my save file corrupted at the Turkish GP so I've had to start again. I so want to like this but more and more I'm realizing the game is beyond broken. If it was just one issue I could live with it but there are so many obvious bugs and glitches that it's making the game a very annoying experience.

Ugh my save file corrupted at the Turkish GP so I've had to start again. I so want to like this but more and more I'm realizing the game is beyond broken. If it was just one issue I could live with it but there are so many obvious bugs and glitches that it's making the game a very annoying experience.

details on another patch = http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/431849-corrupted-saved-game-potential-workaround.html

Hi everyone' date=' I'm updating this thread with a potential workaround:

I can confirm that this issue is with development, will be addressed in the patch, and we'd like you to try the following workaround:

After a practice session where you complete an R&D objective and unlock a new upgrade make sure you then load in to the following qualifying session before exiting the game.

And also, as our technical support FAQ now says:

We believe this only occurs if, after completing an R&D objective, you...

- Retire to the paddock via the Engineer (in the garage).

- Terminally damage your car and select retire to paddock.

- Get disqualified and select retire to paddock.

As long as you progress to the qualifying session before quitting the game this problem will not occur.[/quote']

Source - Codemasters forums

Got this couple of days ago, was good. Bought a wheel yesterday, and oh my god it's amazing. It's just so much better. This game with a pad gets 8/10 from me. With a wheel , it's at least 9.5/10 on terms of fun.

how much did the wheel set you back?

Argh my god this game is fricking annoying.

Melbourne, qualified on pole, lap 3 I have a comfortable lead and it starts to rain. Stay out and it gets heavier, doesn't seem to be affecting me that much but its my stop so I figure I'll get some more appropriate tyres on. Head in and they put a set of drys on. Morons. I carry on and it doesn't seem to be affecting me, in fact I'm doing faster laps than I managed in qualifying. I carry on, I'm about a minute ahead and have lapped up to 12, all the time the rain gets harder. Lap 11 (of 12) and all of a sudden I can't brake, steer or do anything. Exactly what I'd expect on dry tyres in the rain. I pit with a good lead still. Another set of dry tyres. Stumble around the final lap and end up 3rd.

I so want to like this game but things like this are making it impossible.

My friend got this I only did a couple of laps and saw so many bugs.

I was winning the race after the first lap but somehow the guys coming second to fourth had better lap times than me.

I was heading down pit lane and a computer car hit into the back of me at something approaching 220 kmph.

When I tried the rainy weather the computers' times were just too fast for me. I wasn't even doing badly, they had dry weather times.

Hmmm' date=' I have the pit stops set to auto, I assumed they would just give me the appropriate tyres. Are you meant to select what you want then?[/quote']

I think so. If the stop wasn't scheduled then you have to select which you want.

So who actually has it for the PS3? When are we going to get some races going :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!