N-Europe

F1 2010 from Codemasters

gaggle64

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of questions.

Is someone organising a 360 grand prix season for this? If so how many players can go at once?

Also for someone who is awful at driving games (eg me) is this uber sim or more arcadey?

I'm sure we'll organise something after it's out. It's up to 12 players per race which should be adequate. This is likely to be more simmy then Codemasters' other titles but it's going to be pretty scalable (optional traction control, anti-lock breaks, racing line, flashbacks etc.) Should be easy enough to pick up anyway.

Oh my it looks absolutely amazing.

What's the best wheel available for the PS3? I'm thinking I'd really like to have a decent one for when this comes out. If there is a better one on 360 it could also sway my buying decision.

If you're desperate to play this with a wheel the PS3 is probably best because decent PS3-compatible wheels are generally more common and cheaper. There's a couple of good choices on the Xbox but finding one that you're not going to have to pay through the nose for is like discovering the lost city of Atlanta.

Edited by gaggle64
Automerged Doublepost

I'm sure we'll organise something after it's out. It's up to 12 players per race which should be adequate. This is likely to be more simmy then Codemasters' other titles but it's going to be pretty scalable (optional traction control, anti-lock breaks, racing line, flashbacks etc.) Should be easy enough to pick up anyway.

If you're desperate to play this with a wheel the PS3 is probably best because decent PS3-compatible wheels are generally more common and cheaper. There's a couple of good choices on the Xbox but finding one that you're not going to have to pay through the nose for is like discovering the lost city of Atlanta.

I'm pretty sure Atlanta was discovered a while back, It's in the state of Georgia, in the USA.

Sorry.

F1 2010 PS3 version Dispatched from Shopto.net

I'll be playing tomorrow :D

Same here, shall we have an online race tomorrow? Sad thing is I gotta be out tomorrow afternoon for a few hours, evening race would be fine yes?

The crashes kinda disappoint, the main car body doesn't look to get any damage.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Had a play of this for an hour today and loved it :D I was doing well in Qualifying, but took a nasty hit and ended up qualifying in last place. I started from the back of the grid and on the first corner went from 24th to 16th and was flying along in Bahrain until I got to the really nasty corner, where I somehow over-steered, and Kovaleinen took me out, effectively ending my race. What a great experience it was for me, anyway, and it looked spectacular :D

Started career mode and decided to be in the lotus team, had AI on intermediate, topped final practice, Qualified pole and won the race at Bahrain. After that I upped the Ai difficulty to expert, in Australia I qualified 9th, gonna do the race later. This game is just so much fun. I had another game come today and was gonna play it after a bit on this, but before I knew it I had played for 6 hours straight.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Got this this morning and I've given a quick spin before having to go work shortly. The operative word for this game is "scary." In Schumacher's Mercedes without any assists, it took me maybe a dozen attempts just to set a single lap time around Monaco. The handling is delicate but you feel that the machine it's attached to is one of absolute brutality, yowling, screaming and skittering all over the place as you grit your teeth at the barrier coming right up to your front wheel. (Oh, and you know how the section in tunnel looks nice and flat? It isn't. It really really isn't.) Even when trying to take things slowly this game feel fast. I then tried a short 3-lap race at Spa and after two laps, three flashbacks, three lost places and having successfully lathered my front wing all over Buemi's rear diffuser I've decided to leave it until after work, lest I give myself an aneurysm and/or heart attack. :heh:

What I'm trying to say is, it's good.

Heard about the pit glitches?

What happens is the AI comes in on the same lap (20%), and the pit crew aren't aggresive enough to let them go, so whoever is at the front of the pits, pretty much comes out last!

Message on the Codemasters forum from the F1 2010 Chief Games Designer -

Many thanks for the rapid feedback on this. We really appreciate the details and, now that the team are returning from their short holiday, have started an immediate investigation into the cause. Just to clarify that this is most likely a bug with the pit stop release system being overly cautious, which is compounded by the limited pit stop strategy window in short race distances, rather than any form of intentional rubberbanding. Here’s a workaround for now, while we investigate further: -

Altering Your Race Strategy

By interacting with the ‘Tyre’ stack menu in the garage prior to a race you can adjust your default pit strategy. By making any of the following changes then this problem will be significantly less likely to occur as you will stop yourself from pitting on the same lap as the majority of the AI:

1) Increase or decrease your first pit stop by a lap from the pre-set default

2) Reverse your strategy to start the race on the prime tyres rather than the options, which will allow you to get significantly later in the race before having to make your pit stop (you’ll notice a recommended number of laps for each tyre compound, which will help you determine what lap to make your pit stop). This will require you to alter the both tyres which you start the race on and the pit stop tyres as well as your intended pit stop lap.

3) Alternatively you could also carry on with your default race strategy but choose to ignore the lap where the Race Engineer calls you in and select to pit on the subsequent lap. This is what I tend to do.

Altering Your Race Distance

The more you increase your default race distance up from 20%, the less likely this will occur as the AI will have much larger windows in which to make their stops rather than all coming in on the same lap, as well as the distances between the field becoming much more widely spread.

This issue is almost certainly less likely to be an issue in Multiplayer since the problem’s frequency is a function of how many people are in the pits at once, and your position in the garage line-up.

We'll be back when we've got some more details on this but rest assured we are looking into it.

hope they patch this.

Edited by Murr

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!