Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Google Street View extended to cover most of the UK

Shorty

Its not like your own personal address is available on the internet, its only there if the person looking knows you live there..

You're right. What we need is Google Address Book. Then, find a way to link in this with Google Maps, and we'll be on to a winnaaaaaaaarggggh.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say I share some concerns of emikael. It just seems like a step too far, these small streets have no greater interest, its just pointless and a possibly problematic. Sure someone could just walk by and see it himself, but at least he would have to go through that trouble and risk having someone else in the street able to see his actions.

Edited by Shino

The amount of visual information you can get from Google Maps is as much as just walking past a house. When I see people walking past houses I don't think "hmm, they could be trying to size it up". If you use Google Maps to try and plan a break in you run the risk of being met by a Rottweiler, a top-notch security system or MaCaulay Culkin circa 1990.

The amount of visual information you can get from Google Maps is as much as just walking past a house. When I see people walking past houses I don't think "hmm, they could be trying to size it up". If you use Google Maps to try and plan a break in you run the risk of being met by a Rottweiler, a top-notch security system or MaCaulay Culkin circa 1990.

I assume everyone who walks past my house is sizing it up, thats why everytime someone does, I dial 99 on my phone the leave my finger ready to press the final 9 until theyve walked on by.

Wow, I just checked out the SAS HQ (who were bitching about the pics) and Google has actually capitulated to them and has blacked out the pictures of the road that go past the car park entry to the building.

Goes to show...get things in the Daily Mail and the companies are forced to capitulate

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!