Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Portal 2

Dante

I got for PS3 this on release day, and completed it a few days ago. My verdict? Awesome game, deffinitely in the running for GOTY!

I certainly didn't expect it when...

Wheatley betrayed you and turned glaDOS into a patato. That was an amazing plot twist. Did anyone else find it a bit disturbing as glaDOS was taken appart in that scene? I actually felt sorry for her.

:(

Split-screen co-op is hilarious, especially when you dick about and drop your partner into traps. :grin:

I kept pressing E to shake her. Sadly I got no response.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually finished this today and like everyone else I totally agree it's a fantastic game. Looking forward to playing co-op next week when PSN is eventually back online.

My only criticism was

I sometimes found glaDos hard to make out when she was a potato.

And there, I'm finally finished with singleplayer. I'll probably play through it again, of course. And co-op once my friends are ready to play. :U

God, the ending was beautiful. I really want a Portal 3 now...

Maybe it could involve going into space to rescue Wheatley? <3

*can't stop listening to Want You Gone*

Edited by FireMeowth

I like this!

From Joystiq.com

Portal 2 DLC #1 will be free on PC, Mac, PS3, and 360 this summer, single- and multiplayer content in tow

Though short on details, Valve hasn't wasted any time confirming its plans for Portal 2 DLC. After a massive launch just over a week ago – Valve says Portal 2 is its "fastest-selling" release since Half-Life 2! – the famously generous developer has outlined what it's calling "Portal 2 DLC #1."

For the asking price of $0, DLC #1 will offer "new test chambers for players, leaderboards, challenge mode for single and multiplayer modes, and more." While free DLC on the Steam-powered PC and Mac platforms is nothing unusual coming from Valve, DLC #1 will notably be "free of charge" on Xbox 360 and PS3 as well. Of course, adding Steam to the PlayStation 3 release was always intended to allow for this scenario, and we can only imagine Microsoft didn't feel comfortable with the Xbox 360 being the sole platform charging for otherwise free content.

Portal 2 DLC #1 is "targeted" for release this summer; it's not clear if that estimate is Normal Time or Valve Time, so don't mark up your Stephen Merchant calendars just yet.

I really can't wait for the SDK for this to come out - some of the user-made maps are going to be immense - some of the early stuff I've seen already looks great.

The biggest addition was something mainly used by Valve for testing called "World Portals". It essentially allows you to link two sections of the map together in a brilliant way.

The most basic thing would be a TARDIS. You can have a small box with a massive room inside it. Well, the room is elsewhere but it's incredibly smooth and doesn't look like you're going through a "portal" (you can also shoot portals through them) as well as other impossible geometry. Another thing is having a portal that links two maps together - a "future" map and a "past" map. Once again, the view/walking through the portal is seamless.

Have a look through some of the videos in this thread.

Another thing is having a portal that links two maps together - a "future" map and a "past" map. Once again, the view/walking through the portal is seamless.

This sounds promising. Taking the Master Sword back to the Temple of Time constantly became a bit of a chore.

Link to The Past random portals. And a magic mirror. The future is here.

Never a truer word said. Hilarious stuff. I basically threw my girlfriend on to spikes/ fire/ pits of doom / acid lakes whenever possible. This could, if you want it to, say a lot about our relationship.

My girlfriend said she'd play co-op with me, and she's never played a video game before. This could be amusing.

My girlfriend said she'd play co-op with me, and she's never played a video game before. This could be amusing.

Oh man, it's awesome. Glados even rewards you for fucking each other over and 'teaching valuable lessons in trust'. Fantastic.

In fact, co-op is way more fun that the solo game. I think Penny Arcade called it the real sequel, which is true I think.

I'm surprised that they didn't mention

If you listen to the turret you can save from the redemption line she says a few things. One of them the following:

Prometheus was punished by the gods for giving the gift of knowledge to man. He was cast to the bowels of the Earth and pecked by birds.

Free copy? Who got one of those?

There was a time when pre-ordering on Steam got you a free copy of the first game to give away, if you mean that?

Nah, I mean the spare you get with the PS3 version :heh:.

I wanna save this for when I have a whole day set aside to do nothing but play Portal. In the mean time, I got Crysis 2, which is absolutely superb.