NEurope
Dante

Portal 2

I was going to comment on how it's pointless to argue about whether the PS3 or 360 version of Portal 2 is better since clearly the PC version is the real winner here, but local co-op? That changes everything. :blank:

I was going to comment on how it's pointless to argue about whether the PS3 or 360 version of Portal 2 is better since clearly the PC version is the real winner here, but local co-op? That changes everything. :blank:

With the PS3 version you can also:

- Play with players on PC/Mac.

- Get extra content/DLC at the same time as PC/Mac.

- Play it on a PC.

Presuming you don't have any friends.

With the PS3 version you can also:

- Play it on a PC.

Arguments why the PS3 version is superior: it lets you play the PC version. :heh:

I'd forgotten that you can play co-op between the PS3 and PC, but it's a shame that it apparently requires you to get two copies of the game, rather than using the free PC version you get if you buy it on the PS3 (or at least that's what my brother tells me). That kind of ruins the point for me. :sad:

I've also been having huge issues with getting my PS3 online since a firmware update last year, but that's another issue entirely.

Is there any way to link Steam with you PSN ID without the PS3 game? I wouldn't mind co-oping with people on here but on have the PC version (since my friend bought it for me).

Arguments why the PS3 version is superior: it lets you play the PC version. :heh:

I'd forgotten that you can play co-op between the PS3 and PC, but it's a shame that it apparently requires you to get two copies of the game, rather than using the free PC version you get if you buy it on the PS3 (or at least that's what my brother tells me). That kind of ruins the point for me. :sad:

I've also been having huge issues with getting my PS3 online since a firmware update last year, but that's another issue entirely.

That's understandable to be fair, because the PS3 version uses Steam... and... it's the same Steam account as the PC version.

Unless it gives you the option to gift it... which it probably doesn't.

That's understandable to be fair, because the PS3 version uses Steam... and... it's the same Steam account as the PC version.

Yeah, I know it makes sense, but it's still a shame.

I don't really see the point, as I'm not sure why you'd want/need two copies of the same game, but I guess it's just supposed to be a bonus.

Is there any way to link Steam with you PSN ID without the PS3 game? I wouldn't mind co-oping with people on here but on have the PC version (since my friend bought it for me).

PS3 players will need a Steam ID to play against PC players. So if you have it on PC you'll just add their Steam ID and invite them through Steam.

Looks like the PC version has been hit by TF2 syndrome. Have you seen the store? The thing that frustrates me is the gestures.. on the console version they're all available for free from the off, but on the PC version you have to pay extra to unlock them. What's up with that? Hats and paint jobs and such; sure. But if they're free on the console version.. why make them chargable on the PC?

Aside from that, this game is immense. I don't think I've laughed so hard at a video game (with the possible exception of Magicka) and the puzzles are genius. I love me some Portal :D

Not normally a fan of Stephen Merchant (FUCK OFF WITH THOSE BARCLAYS ADVERTS GAAAHH) but think he does well in this. The personality really fits the Portal universe.

Not normally a fan of Stephen Merchant (FUCK OFF WITH THOSE BARCLAYS ADVERTS GAAAHH) but think he does well in this. The personality really fits the Portal universe.

I hope so. I think i'll just put up with it because I don't really want to miss Glados stuff.

Yes.

Though.. he was probably told to act like that. Blame Valve! :heh:

Picked up the 360 version today as i have no intention of playing the PC version. The game is awesome, every second brings a smile to my face. The sense of achievement when i finaly figure out a puzzle is what keeps me wanting to go through one test chamber after another.

Oh and as for Steven Merchant, he is a Legend.. him Ricky Gervais and KARL PILKINGTON! . Go find The Ricky Gervais Show and watch ANY episode and come back here and tell me you dont like Steven :heh:

I've seen most of the podcasts of those three, and I loved them.

However, everything that Steve does is in the same tone, the same style, the same persona. He is probably just given those roles because he came across so brilliantly in the podcasts and idiot abroad etc but still, in this game where he isn't Steve Merchant, I don't want him being the same!

Just finished the single player campaign.

Love it, managed to outdo Portal 1 easily.

going-to-the-moon-brb-7.jpg

I gasped when that happened.

To be fair though, that would mean (I assume) 2 people would get to play the game on different systems for the price of one copy. They'd be losing out.

I'll be getting this, for sure.

Genuinely surprised about the hatred for S'Merch, the man's hilarious!! His 6Music show was great. Quite looking forward to hearing the voiceover...

I don't hate him. I hate his voice. It's everywhere. I feel like I'm playing one massive Barclays advert.

Anyways, just finished it. Excellent stuff. Wonder what they'd do with a third game.