NEurope
Dante

Portal 2

Soooo, on topic:

Portal 2 Delayed

Portal 2 will not make it's previously reported release date of 9th February, developer Valve has announced.

The sequel to its widely adored first person puzzler has been pushed back until 22nd April 2011.

Major bummer, right? Well, Valve is more of a glass-half-full sort.

A press release reads, "This two month slip not only marks the shortest delay in Valve's proud tradition of delays, it represents the approaching convergence of Valve Time and Real Time. Though this convergence spells doom for humanity, it will not affect the new Portal 2 release date."

Wondered why I hadn't heard anything about this recently!

Because of Valve's reputation for delays or was that a joke going straight over my head?

Because he thought the old news you posted were actually new news. ;)

Because he thought the old news you posted were actually new news. ;)

Yup. I thought it had been delayed even more.

Anyone else worried about the length of this game? The original game was so perfect precisely because it was so well contained and short, and didn't outstay its welcome. I can imagine anything which is just a lengthy string of puzzles to become tedious after a while. Just minor trepidation though which doesn't really detract from my excitement =D

Anyone else worried about the length of this game? The original game was so perfect precisely because it was so well contained and short, and didn't outstay its welcome. I can imagine anything which is just a lengthy string of puzzles to become tedious after a while. Just minor trepidation though which doesn't really detract from my excitement =D

I feel exactly the same, but it seems like there'll be enough variety in the puzzles, plus the co-op to keep things fresh.

Time will tell though...

Holy crap this game was originally due in february?? I thought it was miles off. Pre-order time.

THe original length was, what, two hours max first time through? Had plenty of replayability. I'd imagine this one would have a main storyline of maybe 4 hours max, offering price value through other modes and whatnot. I have no worries for the length at all! Could've gladly done another couple of dozen puzzles the first time round.

I'm sure it's going to be even longer than that, the first was little more than an add-on for Orange Box, it was not a whole game, but this one is fully fleshed out with story, multiplayer etc.

I'm sure the first game took me longer than 2 hours anyway... and I definitely went back to try and beat high scores/different modes/get achievements for many hours.

Best pre-order price atm is, I believe, Zavvi £32.85

I'm sure it's going to be even longer than that, the first was little more than an add-on for Orange Box, it was not a whole game, but this one is fully fleshed out with story, multiplayer etc.

I'm sure the first game took me longer than 2 hours anyway... and I definitely went back to try and beat high scores/different modes/get achievements for many hours.

Best pre-order price atm is, I believe, Zavvi £32.85

Yeah going for it. I can only support the steam + PS3 deal.

I just heard about it this afternoon. Something about buying that indie pack on Steam. I only want Meat Boy and Amnesia (as far as I can recall), but I don't have a good controlpad for Meat Boy, and Amnesia I'll also buy later, but directly from the developers.

But these games seem to contain some hints.

To be honest, I think those cross-game promotions is getting out of hand on Steam.. All those stupid pre-order hats..

I was really hoping to play this game on PC but it doesn't look like I'll be able to afford a new one for quite a while still and I'm an impatient bastard I'll be getting the ps3 version instead.

I was really hoping to play this game on PC but it doesn't look like I'll be able to afford a new one for quite a while still and I'm an impatient bastard I'll be getting the ps3 version instead.

At least you'll also be able to play the PC version when you do get a better PC without needing to buy the game again.

I just went to download the Portal demo on Steam to get into the mood for Portal 2, then steam told me I already own Portal. I don't remember buying it... was it free some day? I love Steam.

Also I own Orange Box for PS3 but have never actually put it in the console :3

And Portal: Still Alive is down to 600MSP on the 360.

...I don't really have an overarching point here. I'm just really excited about Portal 2.

I don't remember buying it... was it free some day? I love Steam.

Yes, it was free on the day that Valve launched loads of Mac stuff.

I just went to download the Portal demo on Steam to get into the mood for Portal 2, then steam told me I already own Portal. I don't remember buying it... was it free some day? I love Steam.

Also I own Orange Box for PS3 but have never actually put it in the console :3

And Portal: Still Alive is down to 600MSP on the 360.

...I don't really have an overarching point here. I'm just really excited about Portal 2.

Is Portal: Still Alive worth getting?

Is Portal: Still Alive worth getting?

Portal: Still Alive is just Portal with these free fan-made maps included. So if you have the PC version you can just download the maps.

This game is out same day as Mortal Kombat and SOCOM. I need all three. Why must the gaming gods do this to me :(