N-Europe

Rumor: Devs already working on 'new Nintendo platform'

marcel

You insane? The piano black Playstation 3. My God, it's the high end sports car of home electronics.

Press shots don't do help it. At home it's the slickest thing around.

It really doesn't look that great.

The Wii is just a boring piece of consumer electronics

The Xbox looks toyish and cheap

The PS3 looks like it's trying to be professional but just failing because... It just doesn't look right, just a hunk of junk.

The slim is OK, but crap finish to it and like the normal PS3 in a lot of ways.

Overall I'd agree with TheLillster, the black Wii looks the best, even if I don't think it looks as good as many DVD/Blu-ray players.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yes, but the slim is the lesser of two evils

Agreed, I think it does look a lot better, but looking better than the original isn't hard. Saying that, I think the worst looking modern console has to be the original XBOX, looks very cheap.

I dont think having WiiHD wont change anything for developers because they will port games onto iphone.

Capcom iphone games:

* Resident Evil ®

* Uprising

* Street Fighter ® Alpha

* Street Fighter 4

* Super Puzzle Fighterâ„¢ II Turbo

* Lost Planetâ„¢ 2

* Dead Risingâ„¢ 2

* Where’s Wally 2

Agreed.

My Wii always looks amazing on the few occasions the blue light is on. I wish the blue light was constantly on whilst playing!

There's a simple way of doing that, by sending yourself a message and not opening it if I remember right? Although it is annoying that it doesn't just stay solid blue.

I'd rank them like this:

Black Wii > PS3 Slim > Original PS3 > White Wii > 360 Elite > Light 360

And as for handhelds:

iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad > DSi > DS Lite > PSP Go > Original DS > PSP 1000/2000/3000

There's a simple way of doing that, by sending yourself a message and not opening it if I remember right? Although it is annoying that it doesn't just stay solid blue.

And if you don't want to have to use the Wii's interface to sent yourself a message, you can email it with:

w(Your Wii Number Here)@wii.com

Although, I think you have to add the email address you're going to send it from on the Wii first.

Edited by Emasher

None of self respectable designers will put a Spider Man font on their creation. Thats sounds just wrong. If I had a PS3 or PS3 slim I would hide it, hide it good. Behind the TV or something, that things is just to big and not a good showcase for a gadget. But everybody know that the colour is most important, any thats why the white Wii wins (Xbox dont count since the have the "shiny" chrome detail).

Personally, I think this generation of consoles just look really quite crap on the whole. The PS3 simple isn't all that; its shiney (and for that deserves some love) but its shape is just spastic. God knows what the 360 is - yeah, its a gasp alright, Microsoft... like a kick in the ghoolies. Wii is just a bit plain - although respect marks for the sexy blue light.... Mmmm, blue light.

All said and done, Nintendo 64 wins. [/discussion]

This is the best looking design of a handheld

nitendo-gameboy-micro.jpg

Couldn't agree more. That's the best piece of design I've ever seen, and I keep mine purely to play Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion.

Oh, by the way, the new hardware is definitely meant to be the DS2. Apparently the Pokemon people are working on it: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=235077

Edited by Grazza
extra info

You could argue that way. But I'm just talking about current generation handhelds, so it doesn't really count.

Nintendo DS released: November 21, 2004

Gameboy Micro released: September 19, 2005

Yet you still put Nintendo DS Phat on there...plus you never stated in your quote 'current gen' Just pointing out thats all.

Couldn't agree more. That's the best piece of design I've ever seen, and I keep mine purely to play Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion.

Oh, by the way, the new hardware is definitely meant to be the DS2. Apparently the Pokemon people are working on it: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=235077

That article was flawed. I pointed it out in their comments and they just went and deleted my comment and slightly edited their article

I'd say the DS is the best looking Handheld... though I also love the original Gameboy and Gameboy Colour (I had the purple one) for nostalgia's sake!

That's funny, I had all the Game Boys but my favourite was the Pocket (silver). I bought a turquoise Color, which was a nice colour, but it was that much more bulky than the Pocket and the screen didn't seem to have the clarity.

Have you seen one in the "flesh?" They are tasty pieces of kit. I've a blue one and its a little delight. Cheap would be the last adjective I'd use to describe it. :woops:

That's what I was going to say. It's lovely to hold in your palm, with the red and blue lights.