Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Lost: The Final Season

Dante

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was stated fairly clearly that it's the Flash Sideways stuff that was limbo. Everything on the island was real and happened. They all met in limbo to meet with the people who mattered most at the most important time of their lives, their time on the island. Some died before Jack, others long after but as time had no meaning there, they all met there and went to the afterlife together.

This is noticiable by Kate saying how much she has missed Jack. If Jack and Kate all died in the original crash, that wouldn't happen. Kate left the island and presumably led a long life before dying and going to the flash sideways world. Hurley and Ben both referenced their time running the island, which hadn't happened yet

everyone should listen to the latest episode of geekbox podcast, they talk about a ton of stuff. Also can make you somewhat better about not getting all the answers. I'm happy for now that we didn't quite get all the answers although they made me realise quite how many things have gone unanswered.

I'm stuck as to what to pick up on dvd and watch my way through or whats on tv thats good..I've been recommended the wire, fringe, chuck, BSG. I need something with this mystery element but still with great characters that I will care about...

everyone should listen to the latest episode of geekbox podcast, they talk about a ton of stuff. Also can make you somewhat better about not getting all the answers. I'm happy for now that we didn't quite get all the answers although they made me realise quite how many things have gone unanswered.

I'm stuck as to what to pick up on dvd and watch my way through or whats on tv thats good..I've been recommended the wire, fringe, chuck, BSG. I need something with this mystery element but still with great characters that I will care about...

Fringe is a sure bet

If it's on the complete series dvd and not the series 6 dvd, I'll be pissed

CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

and BSG, obviously.

that is, if you're looking to replace Lost as your nerd kick. The Wire is better than both, just completely different ball park.

Yeah I think it is more for my nerd kick. I'm not sure about BSG as I am not completely into hardcore scifi despite being a star trek fan as a kid.

I'm working my way through Seinfeld and I want something more serious/nerdy to watch through as well...

Serebii you won't be happy as the Michael Emerson quote says:

Em

erson said: "For those people that want to pony up and buy the complete Lost series, there is a bonus feature.

"Which is... you could call it an epilogue. A lost scene. It's a lot - it's 12 or 14 minutes that opens a window onto that gap of unknown time between Hurley becoming number one and the end of the series."

Series meaning the whole entire lot right?!!! THAT TOTALLY SUCKS!

Edited by flameboy
Automerged Doublepost

If it's on the complete series dvd and not the series 6 dvd, I'll be pissed

Snap. Especially considering how they fucked about with the first season dvd bringing it out in two parts. Though in fairness I've managed to pick up most of the series boxsets for around £20 in various sales instead of the £40 RRP.

Snap. Especially considering how they fucked about with the first season dvd bringing it out in two parts. Though in fairness I've managed to pick up most of the series boxsets for around £20 in various sales instead of the £40 RRP.

look whats been said above that i just edited to put in :(

BSG really isn't hardcore Sci-Fi. They just happen to be in Space. There's no aliens, and the only "robots" that humanity ever created turned on them, and so no more were ever made, really.

This. It's practically Lost, in Space, except a hell of a lot more consistent and with an ending that doesn't suck

This. It's practically Lost, in Space, except a hell of a lot more consistent and with an ending that doesn't suck

But I;ve heard people say the ending did suck because they spelt everything out to everyone...

I'm gonna watch through flash forward but also gonna try a few 1st episodes of different shows and see what sticks.

Mate, BSG is great - ignore what anyone says about how any show ends, because when you're faced with four seasons full of episodes that no other show cannot compare to... who cares how one episode at the end fares? You'll love every other episode. My advice would be to get the first double-episode thing and just see how you feel about it. I'm not a scifi fan and it really doesn't matter. It's one of the best tv series ever made, so don't miss out.

Beats chuck s01-02 if you ask me. Getting round to the third season shortly.

I'll move these non-topic posts now.

But I;ve heard people say the ending did suck because they spelt everything out to everyone...

Really that's weird, cuz the only complaints I've heard about the ending were on the few things left open.. which really didn't need any spelling out as it's not hard to work it out if you think about it. Things weren't really spelled out anyway, more just made sense.

The show overall is brilliant, it's not just a sci-fi it is really so much more. And even though the the writers had said while making it they had not planned certain things at the start, they made it all work so well it really did seem like it was planned (trying my best not to cause a spoiler).

And the ending is in my view the best show ending ever, it surprised it you, it at first confuses you a little bit and your wondering WTF but then the pieces fall into place.

If you want a show to get your nerd on with, BSG will hit that and more. Great characters, wonderful story

Edit:

Oh if you do get it, and manage to get a full complete DVD or BluRay collection that includes the movie Razor, that best time to watch that is after the 2nd season episode "The Captains Hand"... the film was released in between seasons 3 and 4, but if your watching it all together after the ep i mention is the best place to watch it to keep the continuity flow. It will hint ever so slightly at something in season 3, but you really won't be able to figure it out anyway, it'll only be after watching season 3 that you could look back at Razor and then go "oh"

Edited by Mokong

I agree with Jay that you should just watch the mini series first and see what you think. It may not be for you or you may love it. Personally I think its a good show and I own most of the seasons on dvd but I dont love it like I do other shows. I'll still suggest Chuck, plus the boxsets for that are pretty cheap at the moment.

Definitely do BSG is a great show with a good ending, even if it is pretty obvious. I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Has flash forward got any better from the start of the series? I haven't watched it since the little break it had but I feel the need for something new now Lost is over.

everyone should listen to the latest episode of geekbox podcast, they talk about a ton of stuff. Also can make you somewhat better about not getting all the answers.

Except that Ryan (not Ryan Scott) wouldn't lay off the cheese and stop talking about "letting go." Yeah, like 6 seasons worth of esoteric references and cryptic convolutions of plot were always to eventuate in this cop out bullshit. Still, Geekbox is areet.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!